Scenic Oaks, Texas
|Scenic Oaks, Texas|
|• Total||7.87 sq mi (20.38 km2)|
|• Land||7.85 sq mi (20.33 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
|Elevation||1,325 ft (404 m)|
|• Density||630/sq mi (240/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Zip Code||78255, 78006|
|GNIS feature ID||1867564|
Scenic Oaks is a census-designated place (CDP) in Bexar County, Texas, United States. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 4,957 at the 2010 census, up from 3,279 at the 2000 census.
Scenic Oaks is located in northern Bexar County. It is bordered by Interstate 10 to the east, by the city of San Antonio to the southeast, by the CDP of Cross Mountain to the south, and to the north by Balcones Creek, forming the border with Kendall County. A portion of the CDP is taken up by the gated community of Scenic Oaks. Via Interstate 10 it is 25 miles (40 km) south to downtown San Antonio and 8 miles (13 km) northwest to Boerne.
As of the 2000 census, there were 3,279 people, 1,190 households, and 996 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 393.7 people per square mile (152.0/km²). There were 1,226 housing units at an average density of 147.2/sq mi (56.8/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 93.69% White, 0.18% African American, 0.34% Native American, 0.95% Asian, 3.42% from other races, and 1.43% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 14.97% of the population.
There were 1,190 households out of which 36.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 75.7% were married couples living together, 5.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 16.3% were non-families. 14.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.76 and the average family size was 3.05.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 25.8% under the age of 18, 4.8% from 18 to 24, 24.0% from 25 to 44, 35.2% from 45 to 64, and 10.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 97.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.0 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $88,127, and the median income for a family was $97,948. Males had a median income of $60,882 versus $42,353 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $34,980. About 3.2% of families and 3.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.8% of those under age 18 and 2.9% of those age 65 or over.
The NISD portion is zoned to:
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer Files 2016-Places-Texas". US Census. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Scenic Oaks CDP, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Scenic Oaks CDP, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on September 8, 2016.
- "2016-17 Elementary School Attendance Areas." Northside Independent School District. Retrieved on September 9, 2016.
- "2016-17 Middle School Attendance Areas." Northside Independent School District. Retrieved on September 9, 2016.
- "2016-17 High School Attendance Areas." Northside Independent School District. Retrieved on September 9, 2016.