Sealy Independent School District
|Sealy Independent School District|
ESC Region 6
|Type||Public Independent school district|
|Grades||EE through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||180.73 (2011-12) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||14.85 (2011-12)|
Sealy Independent School District is a public school district based in Sealy, Texas (USA). In addition to Sealy, the district serves the towns of San Felipe and Brazos Country serving students in southern Austin County. Sealy Independent School District is the only school district in Austin county with its own police department.
In 2009, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. On May 7, 2016, voters overwhelmingly came together to approve a $43,220,000 Sealy ISD bond package with 67 percent in favor. Thanks to the community's approval, Sealy ISD students will benefit from a new PK-5 elementary school, much-needed capacity and an improved grade alignment, along with improvements to aging facilities and campus safety and security.
In the 2012-2013 school year, the district had students in four schools.
- Sealy High School (Grades 9-12)
- Sealy Junior High School (Grades 6-8)
- Selman Intermediate School (Grades 4-5)
- Selman Elementary School (Grades EE-3)
- Texas School Directory 2013-14 (PDF). Austin, Texas: Texas Education Agency. February 2014. p. 46. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Sealy ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.