|Fate||Acquired by BenQ|
|Founded||1985 / 2000|
|Defunct||31 August 2005|
Siemens Mobile was a German mobile phone manufacturer and a division of Siemens AG. Siemens sold Siemens Mobile to the Taiwan-based BenQ in 2005, subsequently becoming BenQ-Siemens. The last Siemens-branded mobile phones, the AL21, A31 and AF51, were released in November 2005.
The first Siemens mobile phone, the Siemens Mobiltelefon C1, was launched in 1985. In 1994 the Siemens S1 GSM phone was launched. In 1997 Siemens launched the first phone with a colour screen, the Siemens S10, with a screen capable of displaying red, green, blue and white. In the same year Siemens launched the first "outdoor" phone, the Siemens S10 Active, with enhanced shock, dust and splash protection. Siemens launched the first slider phone, the Siemens SL10, in 1999.
Siemens acquired the mobile phone division of Bosch in 2000. In the same year Siemens launched one of the first phones with an MP3 player and external memory card support (MultiMediaCard), the Siemens SL45.
In 2003 Siemens launched its first phone running on the Symbian OS operating system, the Siemens SX1. The phone featured hot swappable MultiMediaCard. In the same year Siemens launched the Xelibri range of fashion phones. In 2005 Siemens launched the first phone with real GPS support, the Siemens SXG75.
As of Q3 2000, Siemens had an 8.6% mobile handset market share, putting it behind Ericsson, Motorola and Nokia. For the calendar year 2003, Siemens was again fourth behind Samsung, Motorola and Nokia, with a figure of 8.5%. In 2004 it decreased to 7.2%. Siemens Mobile was making large losses and plummeting sales at this time. By the first quarter of 2005, market share was down to 5.6% as it fell behind competitors LG and Sony Ericsson. Their Xelibri range of phones, which was the company's answer to the fashionable handset trend at the time, became a costly failure.
On 7 June 2005, the Taiwanese company BenQ agreed to acquire the loss-making Siemens Mobile from Siemens, together with exclusive right to use the Siemens trademark on its mobile phones for 5 years. Before transferring the mobile phone subsidiary to BenQ, Siemens invested 250 million euros and wrote down assets amounting to 100 million euros. Siemens also acquired a 2.5% stake in BenQ for 50 million euros. BenQ subsequently released mobile phones under the BenQ-Siemens brand, from its German unit. In 2006 the German unit of BenQ filed for bankruptcy.
Products and Classified
Classifications of SIEMENS
Depending on their name, the Siemens mobiles have the following classification:
- A is meaning to A first cellphone or A low-cost phones with only the necessary functions, it has a good price for everyone’s and A series is the direct competitor to Nokia 1xxx, 2xxx Series
- C Phones designed for cost valuable for an average buyer, are packed with more features than A's , but inferior in quality to the more expensive models.
- C, CC (double C) is the core of basement phone of the C-Class tiers. The cores reference to the others C family phone launch after in the same year such as C65 and others are CFX65, CX65
- CF, CFX is referred to C + F (Flip, Foldable) and CF + X (Only used in CFX65) understandingly it’s a C levels in flipping form. The direct competitor is Nokia 6xxx and 7xxx series in the Clamshells form.
- CL is referred to C+ L (Clamshell for Lady or maybe is can means a Slide in some model) the CL is always created and made for all ladies (Male is M-class) that why’s the CL model just got to the smoothest, perfection in details and useful with beautiful materials
- CX is the middle high (mid-ranged) refers to C + e”X”tremely (Extra, Extremely or Excitement) and CX Families alway has been the 2nd best seller of SIEMENS all time. (1st most of headcount selling is A series) this is the direct competitor of Nokia 3xxx (S40 platform) such as 3220, 6xxx (S40 platform) such as 6610
- E is meaning to “Entertainment” with the new fashions trendy. Or “Exceptional excellence” , “Exceptional design and features”. (In addition to the Siemens ME75 )
- EF (E+F Fold/Flip form) and EL (E + Slide form) they are the new line series main focus of the new bran “BenQ-Siemens” after merging the Siemens Mobile Department ”SIEMENS” with the Taiwa Technology Company ”BenQ” (Mobile Devisions Only) such as EF51, EF61 (CF61 sameness) EL71 (Internal prototype called this prepare to be Siemens SL85), EF81 (Internal prototype called for next year to be hidden gimmicks to the another one flagship called the Siemens SLV140 launch with next mainstream a S75)
- M Classification this mobiles M-Class line’s just made for the “Manly lifestyle people”, boys firstly or next change of cellphone (10-13 year old), the young teens (male) (13-20 year old) and adult. The M-Class always referred “ the Military grade, Maximizing protection and Made for men” to absorb the niches segments who that’s loving outdoors activity. This is the most well known Sports phones and highest selling outdoor phones in the world. are protected or with a hardened casing and the appropriate design. It generally corresponds to class C. This line is the direct competitor to Nokia 5xxx and 5xxx ExpressMusic series.
- S this is the SIEMENS flagships line model that’ll be referred to “the Superior, Superior Business phones are endowed with a large number of functions are of the appropriate quality.
- SK is the first time of S-Class to be come the one of BlackBerry Phone families. Background was back to 2003 era so the RIM BlackBerry needs to be the main player and start in the B2C cellphone markets. So that’s why RIM find out the mobile phone manufacturers to be come a partner. Finally they closed dealing co-development the project with Siemens AG and launch the Siemens SK65 BlackBerry this Phone just be run parallels between the Siemens 65platform + RIM BlackBerry 4.3 OS (other called Siemens SK6R or SK6B in some countries) this product is the direct competitor to Nokia 9xxx communicator Series (In the sameness concept about run parallels S40 on the 9xxx front and Symbian S90 editions insider with full qwerty desktop keys.
- SF is the line of S+F (Foto, Flipped) this made for Trand-setters person, Fationable people’s, Gay men segments attractiveness and the Photographers or people whoever focus on the quality of the camera. This is the one of the best and most useful designed ever, “CNET IT columnist said”. The first SF is SF65 and successors is the last model of BenQ-Siemens before closed is called SF71 (product still available in some Asia countries (Taiwan, Hong Kong and Russia) with 3.2 Megapixels AF build in flash xenon. SF71 was born in 2 years latter of first SF65. The phone in SF line’s always sells in the 2 color (Piano Black(Glossy Black) and Pearl White (Glossy White) just likes colors of choice of SL’s had (Carbon Black and Ivory White). The news agency around the world says that the sameness attitude about the SF65 in 3 topics
- - 1) the elegance of design and useful twists of hardware always to go connect IrDA with an anything and come with MMS, E-mailing support
- - 2) the high classified of plastics and others materials in the same Apple iPod grade’s standard.
- - 3) the good TFT vivid display than the others 65 models family. And the main strength of the own Camera with build-in 2 auto steps auto face-lock focus reduced red eyes flash. Last one is the good of picture quality from SF65 thats could’ve replaced others normally 2-3 Megapixels digital camera.
- SL is the one of subsidizing of S-Family line this is meaning to S+Slides form factor ( started in the SL10 and every model after SL45 such as SL55, SL65 and SL75
- SX is the line of “Superior Extremely“ is mean to the highest of smartphone segments including with the SX1 (Symbian S60)
- - SX45, SX56 (Windows Mobile 5) was developed ODM by hTC Taiwan
- - S65 DVB-H or SX65 DVB-H (Canceled) the prototype of 3G, Fully touch screen and included with DVB-H1,2 Digital TV received (in 2 platforms Style on Linux Mobile and the first time for BrewOS by Qualcomm)
- - SXX75(BrewOS by Qualcomm) (Canceled) the future of SIEMENS mobile phone development model, Shown that’s a perfect fully touchscreen interface with hidden keypads by slides and 3G UMTS network support for video telephony calling.
- - SXG75 (Bar form) and SG75 (Slide form) (BrewOS by Qualcomm) launch in the 2005 2 months before closed deals merger with Ben in September, 2005. After that BenQ cancelled to kickoff SG75 and another of their new models and the Siemens models product plan timeline because they wanna used the time and man power to prepare to focused on 2 companies in the 13 project has been picked up from moreover 40 projects to be rebirth under “BenQ-Siemens” branding In tide of “BenQ-Siemens merged planing 7 months” to launch the new brand as soon as possibles.
- U is the line of Siemens UMTS Phone started in 2003 from the development by Motorola Mobility, USA (Made for SIEMENS)
- U15 the exclusive designed for Siemens brands to sell the product in codes name “U15 UMTS“ in some countries that they be on the new UMTS 3G network already. such as EU, Asia (Singapore) and Australia
- Secondary alphabet position initials
- xF Cradle phonesClassification
- xL Sliding phones. (Exceptions: Siemens SL45 , Siemens CL75 )
- xX Phones with advanced features.
- xK Phones with a full QWERTY keyboard ( Siemens SK65 )
Within a class, the numbers have the following meaning:
- The first digit (1-9) denotes the level of functionality of the phone.
- The second digit indicates the generation of the phone. The phones are also of the first generation of the model, containing the numbers 1, 6, 8.
- Siemens A31
- Siemens A35
- Siemens A36
- Siemens A40
- Siemens A50: one of the most popular Siemens phones, Shares same hardware as C45 and can be upgraded to C45 by firmware flash.
- Siemens A51
- Siemens A52: monochrome, GSM 900 / GSM 1800, no GPRS, no USB, IrDA or Bluetooth. Same as A55/A56
- Siemens A53
- Siemens A55: monochrome, GSM 900 / GSM 1800, no GPRS, no USB, no IrDA or Bluetooth. Shares same hardware as C55 and can be upgraded to C55 by firmware flash.
- Siemens A56: monochrome, GSM 850 / GSM 1900, noGPRS, no USB, no IrDA or Bluetooth. Shares same hardware as C56 and can be upgraded to C56 by firmware flash.
- Siemens A56i
- Siemens A57
- Siemens A60
- Siemens A62
- Siemens A65: CSTN 101x80 display, Triband (900 / 1800 / 1900)
- Siemens A70, last Siemens with monochrome display, Triband (900 / 1800 / 1900), completely unrelated to the A55/C55.
- Siemens A75
- Siemens AF51
- Siemens AP75 (Developed by BenQ, same with BenQ M580)
- Siemens AL21/AL21 Hello Kitty (TFT 130x130 display, GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900, no camera (same as CF110))
- Siemens AX72
- Siemens AX75 (takes picture supportable when connected with the QuickPic IQP-500 external accessories camera module likewiseS55, S57, CF62 etc.)
- Siemens C1
- Siemens C2
- Siemens C3
- Siemens C4
- Siemens C5
- Siemens C10
- Siemens C11
- Siemens C25
- Siemens C28
- Siemens C30
- Siemens C35
- Siemens C35i
- Siemens C45
- Siemens C55: monochrome, GSM 850 / GSM 1900, with GPRS, no USB, no IrDA or Bluetooth. One of the most popular Siemens phones
- Siemens C56: monochrome, GSM 850 / GSM 1900, with GPRS, no USB, no IrDA or Bluetooth.
- Siemens C60
- Siemens C61
- Siemens C62 (Co-developed with Sony Ericsson sameness platform with T600, T610i)
- Siemens C65
- Siemens C66
- Siemens C70: Identical hardware to C65
- Siemens C71
- Siemens C72
- Siemens C75
- Siemens CC75 (cancelled)
- Siemens CF62
- Siemens CF65
- Siemens CF75 (CF65 based)
- Siemens CF110: TFT 130x130 display, GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900, no camera
- Siemens CFX65 (the first Siemens clamshells form factor with build in VGA camera and flash. CFX65 is the only model of Siemens had a torchlight feature, closed the flip and doubles press volume up key to start the torch.)
- Siemens CL50 (Developed By Arista)
- Siemens CL55 (Developed By LG Electronics )
- Siemens CL75, CL75 Black Edition, CL75 Poppy Edition
- Siemens CX65: TFT 132x176 display, GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900, VGA (640 x 480 pixel) camera, IRDA (Based on M65)
- Siemens CX66 (minor changed for some country)
- Siemens CX70: TFT 132x176 display, GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900, VGA (640 x 480 pixel) camera, IRDA (Identical hardware to CX65)
- Siemens CX70 Emoty (in the CX70 family’s)
- Siemens CXV70 (in the CX70 family’s for Vodafone)
- Siemens CXT70 (in the CX70 family’s for T-Mobile)
- Siemens CXO70 (in the CX70 family’s for O2)
- Siemens CX75
- Siemens E10
- Siemens M30: one of the most popular Siemens phones
- Siemens M35
- Siemens M35i: one of the most popular Siemens phones
- Siemens M45
- Siemens M50
- Siemens M55 Scorpions
- Siemens M56: GSM 850 / GSM 1900 version of M55. Note that it is not triband.
- Siemens M65
- Siemens M65 Rescue Edition
- Siemens M75
- Siemens MC60
- Siemens ME45
- Siemens ME75 (C75 Based)
- Siemens MT50
- Siemens P1
- Siemens S1
- Siemens S3
- Siemens S3 COM 1995
- Siemens S4
- Siemens S6
- Siemens S10
- Siemens S15
- Siemens S25
- Siemens S35i
- Siemens S40
- Siemens S42
- Siemens S45
- Siemens S45i
- Siemens S46
- Siemens S55 (Fully wireless connections with Bluetooth 1.1 and IrDA port)
- Siemens S55 Formula One
- Siemens S56
- Siemens S57 (Only IrDA port supportable)
- Siemens S65
- Siemens S65 DVBH, SXX65 (Concept phone) run on LINUX
- Siemens S66 (Minor-changes for some countries), S66 or S65 (for Xingular)
- Siemens S68 (rebranding and selling in BenQ-Siemens S68, the SP65 successors)
- Siemens S75 ( FE75 Internal pre-models)
- Siemens SF65 (co-development with Philips N.V. (France), the same models with Philips 760 twists)
- Siemens SFG75 (Developed by BenQ, same with BenQ S80 UMTS)
- Siemens SG75 (cancelled, in the same family with SXG75)
- Siemens SK65, SK6B and SK6R (Co-development with The RIM BlackBerry and run parallels between “Siemens_X65 platform” and “BlackBerry 3.8 OS“. Select BB Icons on Main Menu then press “Option”-> “About” for the BBOS version pre installed info.)
- Siemens SK65 Burlwood Editions
- Siemens SP65 (S65 without Camera)
- Siemens SL10: the world firstly sliding mobile phone with a four-colour screen (Red, Green, Blue and White)
- Siemens SL42
- Siemens SL45: the world firstly playing MP3 on the phone.
- Siemens SL45i
- Siemens SL55
- Siemens SL56: the American version of the Siemens SL55, available only on AT&T.
- Siemens SL65: TFT 130x130 display, GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900, VGA (640 x 480 pixel) camera, IRDA, slider form factor
- Siemens SL65 ESCADA Edition
- Siemens SL75/ SL7C
- Siemens SL80 (re-branding and selling in BenQ-Siemens SL80 Hello Kitty Edition)
- Siemens SLV140 (re-branding and selling in BenQ-Siemens EF81)
- Siemens ST55 (ODM Developed By Arista)
- Siemens ST60 (For T-Mobile)
- Siemens SX1, first and only smartphone developed and produced by Siemens AG, run on Symbian OS
- Siemens SX2 (cancelled) run on Symbian OS
- Siemens SX45 (Developed by hTC, run on Windows Mobile 2003 Edition)
- Siemens SX56 (Developed by hTC, run on Windows Mobile 5.0 Edition)
- Siemens SX66 (Developed by hTC, run on Windows Mobile 5.0 Edition can upgradable to WM 6.0 Edition)
- Siemens SXG75 (The first Siemens with BrewOS by Qualcomm and build internal GPS real-time functions.)
- Siemens SXX75 (Concept phone, Full touchscreen-slides platform. runs on BrewOS by Qualcomm)
- Siemens U10 (UMTS)(The first Siemens UMTS (3G) model’s run on Moto Linux platform A and it was developed by Motorola Mobility.)
- Siemens U15 (The second Siemens UMTS (3G) model’s run on Moto Linux platform A, and it was developed by Motorola Mobility.)
- Xelibri X1
- Xelibri X2
- Xelibri X3
- Xelibri X4
- Xelibri X5
- Xelibri X6
- Xelibri X7
- Xelibri X8
The Siemens S65
The Siemens SX1
The Siemens SL45
The Siemens M65
The Siemens MT50
The Siemens AX72
The Siemens M55
The Siemens A52
The Siemens SL55
Siemens Mobile sponsored Lazio from the 2000/2001 season to the 2002/2003 season and Real Madrid from the 2002/2003 season to the 2005/2006 season. On July 17, 2002 began the Siemens contract with Real Madrid, that season was signed Ronaldo Nazario da Lima. However, with Siemens, the Madrid team only won five titles, which are known as the drought of titles from 2003 to 2006, with the resignation of Florentino Perez. Siemens Mobile also sponsored non-shirt partnerships with a number of English football clubs including Liverpool and Chelsea. Siemens Mobile albo sponsored ski jumping season 2000/2001/2002 for example tricoat of Adam Małysz skijumper.
Siemens Mobile also sponsored Olympiacos until season 2005/2006. Last season shirt sponsorship of Greek, in Group F of the UEFA Champions League, Real Madrid and Olympiacos agreed, making the two parties, the visitor does not take advertising for Siemens Mobile.
Siemens Mobile sponsored McLaren Mercedes Formula-1 team between 2001-2004.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Siemens mobile phones.|
- "Siemens sells mobile-phone unit". BBC News. 7 June 2005. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- www.newratings.com: Siemens sells mobile phone unit to BenQ
- BenQ Mobile – end of the story for Siemens
- Heise Online - The end of BenQ Mobile Archived 2007-12-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Siemens A52 - Full phone specifications
- http://www.gsmarena.com/siemens_m55-407.php , http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/siemens/m55.html[permanent dead link]