|Product type||Fabric softener|
|Markets||United States, Canada|
|Previous owners||Unilever (1983-2008)|
Snuggle is a brand of fabric softener sold by Henkel North American Consumer Goods in the United States and Canada. The brand was launched in 1983 by Unilever. The product is available in sheets or liquid (in concentrate and non-concentrate forms).
In September 2008, Vestar Capital Partners acquired the North American (United States, Canada and Puerto Rico) laundry business of Unilever, which included the Snuggle, Wisk, All, Surf and Sunlight brands. The former Unilever businesses were combined with Huish Detergents, Inc. to form The Sun Products Corporation.
On June 24, 2016, Henkel Consumer Goods Inc., a subsidiary of Henkel AG & Co. KGaA (“Henkel”) signed a definitive agreement to acquire The Sun Products Corporation. The transaction was valued at $3.5 billion.
Since 1983, the Snuggle bear has been the mascot for the Snuggle line of fabric softener. The puppet was created by Kermit Love. The voice was originally provided by Corinne Orr. In a 2006 radio interview, Micky Dolenz stated that he was the voice of Snuggle at that time. As of late 2009, the bear is voiced by Elena M. Schloss, a New York animation and commercial voice over actress.
In 2001, 150,000 Snuggle "Teeny Bean Bears" included with the sales of the product were recalled because the pom-pom of their night caps could detach and pose a choking hazard to babies and toddlers.
In 2002, 4 million stuffed bears distributed with Snuggle fabric softener were recalled when they too were determined to form a choking hazard to small children, because the eyes and nose could come off.
- Klara, Robert (23 April 2014). "The life and times of the Snuggle bear". AdWeek. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- "Vestar Capital Partners completes acquisition of Unilever laundry business and merger of Unilever unit to Huish Detergents". Business Wire. 9 September 2008. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- "Unilever Sells U.S. Laundry Business". 2016-06-24. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- "Henkel buys laundry care firm Sun Products in $3.6 billion deal". Reuters. 2016-06-24. Retrieved 2016-06-24.
- "Welcome to...Time Travel Is Possible". Timetravelispossible.com. Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- Schloss, Elena. "What I Do". Noodles On The Wall. Archived from the original on 4 July 2012. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "Snuggle Teeny Bean Bears Included with Fabric Softener Recalled by Unilever Home and Personal Care USA". Cpsc.gov. Archived from the original on 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- "Unilever Recalls Plush Snuggle Bears". Cpsc.gov. 2002-02-20. Archived from the original on 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2013-02-10.