Compilations in the Sonic series
This article covers the number of compilations in the Sonic series.
- 1 Dreamcast Collection
- 2 Sega Mega Drive Collection/Sega Genesis Collection
- 3 Sonic & Garfield Pack
- 4 Sonic & Knuckles Collection
- 5 Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
- 6 Sonic Classic Collection
- 7 Sonic Compilation/Sonic Classics 3 in 1
- 8 Sonic Gems Collection
- 9 Sonic Jam
- 10 Sonic Mega Collection
- 11 Sonic PC Collection
- 12 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection/Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
- 13 Sonic Action 4 Pack
- 14 Sega Genesis Classic Collection: Gold Edition
- 15 Sega Smash Pack
- 16 Sega Puzzle Pack
- 17 Sega 3D Classics Collection
- 18 Oculus Arcade
- 19 References
Sega Mega Drive Collection/Sega Genesis Collection
Sonic & Garfield Pack
Sonic & Garfield Pack was a compilation released for personal computers in 1999. It features the following games:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3
- Sonic & Knuckles
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles
- Garfield: Caught in the Act
- Baku Baku Animal
Sonic & Knuckles Collection
This collection includes:
Sonic & Knuckles Collection features a MIDI rendition of both the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles soundtrack, with some pieces of music replaced with completely new compositions.
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
The Director's Cut version of Sonic Adventure features 12 unlockable Game Gear titles from the Sonic series:
- Sonic the Hedgehog (8-bit)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (8-bit)
- Sonic Chaos
- Sonic Triple Trouble
- Sonic Drift
- Sonic Drift 2
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
- Sonic Labyrinth
- Sonic Blast
- Tails' Skypatrol
- Tails Adventure
Sonic Classic Collection
Sonic Classic Collection is a video game compilation for the Nintendo DS developed by The Creative Assembly Australia, under supervision by Sega Australia and Sega of Europe. It is a collection of:
This compilation was officially announced on December 2, 2009 by Sega of America and was released March 2, 2010, although news of this compilation first broke when it was classified by the Australian Government's OFLC. It features two extra lock-on modes from the originals, which allows the player to play Knuckles in Sonic 2 and to play the complete version of Sonic 3 (titled Knuckles in Sonic 3 as opposed to the original Sonic 3 & Knuckles title). Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Sonic & Knuckles receive the addition of a save option; while players can "save anywhere" as billed, they must restart the act in which they saved - they are, however, allowed to keep their score and Chaos Emeralds from when they saved, as well as any extra lives and continues earned. The collection also includes a gallery of images.
Sonic Classic Collection was met with mixed to positive reactions from critics, receiving a 70 out of 100 on Metacritic. Most praise was directed at the quality of the games included, but was criticized for its noticeable slowdown compared to previous releases and how the artwork featured was the only extra included.
Sonic Compilation/Sonic Classics 3 in 1 
On June 14, 1997, the Genesis version was released in North America under the name Sonic Classics 3 in 1, making it the final release in the Sonic series for the console. In some locations, it was bundled with the Mega Drive console during its later years. The three games appear in exactly the same form as in their original release. The only new content is a game selection menu, controlled by using the left and right directions on the D-pad and new sprite renderings of the box art for each of the three games.
Sonic Gems Collection
Sonic Gems Collection is a compilation of some of the more obscure titles from the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series, such as Sonic the Hedgehog CD and Sonic the Fighters, along with most of the Game Gear Sonic games. The game was released for the Nintendo GameCube and PlayStation 2 in Japan on August 11, 2005, in Europe on September 30, 2005, and in North America on August 16, 2005.
The French site jeuxvideo.com gave the game a 9 out of 20, praised the inclusion of Sonic R and Sonic CD, but criticized Sonic The Fighters to be too short and the others games being uninteresting: "En effet, seuls Sonic CD et Sonic R ont un réel potentiel. Pour ce qui est de Sonic Fighters, il est beaucoup trop court. Quant aux jeux Game Gear, ils ne constituent que de petits apéritifs." (Indeed, only Sonic R and Sonic CD have real potential. As for Sonic Fighters, it is way too short. As for the Game Gear games, they are mere aperitifs.)
Sonic Jam (ソニック ジャム?) is a compilation of titles in the Sonic the Hedgehog series that were originally released on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis. Released for Sega Saturn in Japan on June 20, 1997, in North America on July 31, 1997 and in Europe on the 28th of August 1997, it includes Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles. Upon selecting Sonic & Knuckles, the player can utilise the original cartridge's "lock-on technology" to link the game to any of the other three games in the collection; this makes Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Blue Sphere playable. A Game.com version also exists.
Sonic Mega Collection
A compilation released for the Nintendo GameCube and later the PlayStation 2 and Xbox consoles as Sonic Mega Collection Plus, containing all the Sonic games released for the Mega Drive/Genesis, including their lock-on combinations, as well as a few other Mega Drive titles. An updated edition, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, was released, and contains additional 6 Game Gear titles.
Sonic PC Collection
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection/Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
A collection of 40 Mega Drive/Genesis titles, as well as 9 unlockable Arcade and Master System titles, which can be played with optional widescreen ratios and HD smoothing. The game contains all the main Sonic games released for the Mega Drive.
Sonic Action 4 Pack
Sonic Action 4 Pack was a compilation of four Sonic games formerly released on PC.
Sega Genesis Classic Collection: Gold Edition
A compilation of Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games for PC that was originally 4 separate compilations in Europe, the Sonic games that are found in the entire set are Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles as well as Sonic Spinball, 3D Blast and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
Sega Smash Pack
A series of Mega Drive/Genesis compilations that have been released for PC, Sega Dreamcast and Game Boy Advance. These compilations have included Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball.
Sega Puzzle Pack
One of the three games included in this compilation is Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
Sega 3D Classics Collection
-  Archived January 17, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Sonic & Garfield Collection - GameSpot". GameSpot. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "Sonic & Knuckles Collection for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- "Sonic & Knuckles Collection". GamesRadar. Retrieved January 3, 2017.
- Harris, Craig (5 March 2010). "Sonic Classic Collection Review". IGN. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "GAME - Consoles & Games - Free UK Delivery Available!". Game.
- "Sonic Classic Collection for Nintendo DS". GameStop. Retrieved 2013-08-21.
- "Games". Sega.
- "Sonic Classic Collection for DS - Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Sonic Classics 3 in 1 (Sonic Compilation) - Genesis". IGN. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Test Sonic Gems Collection sur NGC". Jeuxvideo.com (in French). Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- Wildgoose, David. "SEGA Brings Sonic Collection to... PC?!?". Kotaku Australia. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "Sonic PC Collection (PC)". Gameplanet New Zealand. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "Sonic Action 4 Pack - GameSpot". GameSpot. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- Lang, Ben (10 November 2015). "Oculus Arcade Now Available on All Gear VR With 21 Titles".
- "Oculus Arcade". Oculus.