Sons and Daughters of Saint Lucia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
National anthem of Saint Lucia
|Lyrics||Charles Jesse, 1967|
|Music||Leton Felix Thomas, 1967|
The lyrics were written by Charles Jesse, and the music by Leton Felix Thomas.
- Sons and daughters of Saint Lucia,
- love the land that gave us birth.
- Land of beaches, hills and valleys,
- fairest isle of all the earth!
- Wheresoever you may roam,
- love oh love, our island home.
- Gone the times when nations battled
- for this 'Helen of the West'.
- Gone the days when strife and discord
- dimmed her children's toil and rest.
- Dawns at last a brighter day,
- stretches out a glad new way.
- May the good Lord bless our island,
- guard her sons from woe and harm.
- May our people live united,
- strong in soul and strong in arm.
- Justice, Truth and Charity,
- our ideal forever be!
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|