Spencer Kenneth Royce Elden (born February 7, 1991) is an American street artist and student at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. Notably, he was the baby on the cover of the band Nirvana's album Nevermind.
As an infant, Elden was featured in a photography project that led to his placement on the cover of Nirvana's album Nevermind, as a naked baby floating in a swimming pool reaching for a dollar bill. This became one of the most iconic pictures of the time, and is associated with the grunge era. Over 26,000,000 copies of the album have been sold worldwide, to which Elden stated he feels as if the entire world has seen him naked. Elden has worked for Obey's Shepard Fairey and continues to define his artistic style through inspirations from other street artists.
For the 10th, 17th and 25th anniversaries of the album, Elden recreated the shot each time. He wanted to do the most recent shoot nude but the photographer preferred that he wore swim shorts.
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995
- Meyer, Chris. "Remember the Baby from Nirvana's "Nevermind" Cover? He is 22. Feel Old Yet?". Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- CNN Wire Staff. ""Nevermind" Nirvana cover baby is now 20, just like the album". CNN.com. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "Ranking of the Most Sold Music Albums of All Time". Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "See the Nirvana Baby Recreate the 'Nevermind' Album Cover 25 Years Later". Retrieved 2016-09-26.