|Address||2041 Business Center Drive,
Irvine, California 92612, Irvine, CA, United States
|Mascot||Great horned owl|
Stanbridge College is a private institution for higher education. Stanbridge College offers education in nursing and allied health in Orange County. Degrees and diploma programs are offered online and on-ground at its campus in Irvine, California.
Stanbridge College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges, ACCSC.
- 1 Programs
- 2 Accreditations
- 3 Awards and recognition
- 4 Campus
- 5 Student life
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- Vocational Nurse Diploma
- Associate of Science in Nursing (RN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Online)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Online)
- Nurse Educator Track
- Nurse Executive Track
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Associate of Occupational Science
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
Physical Therapist Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Associate of Science
- Hemodialysis Technician Diploma
- Associate of Science in Veterinary Technology
Campus based programs includes theory and hands-on training in both laboratories at Stanbridge College and clinical partner facilities in Orange County. Campus-based programs include multi-term and cumulative review for industry standard examination certification.
Online programs are accessed through the Edverum online learning platform by Stanbridge College and require no physical travel to a campus.
Stanbridge College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). This college is a California Bureau of Private Post Secondary Education, BPPE, approved facility.
The Stanbridge College Occupational Therapy Assistant program has received programmatic accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) through 2018/2019.
The Physical Therapist Assistant program at Stanbridge College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
The college’s Vocational Nursing Program is accredited by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, BVNPT.
The Associate of Science in Nursing degree is accredited by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
The Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing at Stanbridge College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The Associate of Science in Veterinary Technology degree program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA) (1931 North Meacham Road, Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4360; phone; 800.248.2862; www.avma.org). The Associate of Science in Veterinary Technology degree has been approved by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, ACCSC.
The Diploma in Hemodialysis Technician program has been approved by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, ACCSC. The Stanbridge College Diploma in Hemodialysis Technician program has been approved by the California Department of Health Services.
Stanbridge College is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, ACCSC. The Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program has applied for accreditation, and received “Candidacy Status,” by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
The college is approved for veterans education benefits under Title 32 and 33 of the GI Bill, in addition to WIA training benefits from various Workforce Investment Boards including: Irvine, Westminster, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Southbay and Riverside.
Awards and recognition
For each year from 2009 through 2014, Stanbridge College has been named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement.
Stanbridge College is a 2014-2015 School of Excellence Award recipient from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), which accredits 800 colleges and universities.
In 2015 Stanbridge was recognized for their Excellence in Student Services by the ACCSC. In 2013, Stanbridge was named the ACCSC Community Service Award Winner.
Stanbridge College’s CCNE accredited RN to BSN Degree Completion program was ranked fifteenth overall in the United States on the list of Best Online RN-BSN Colleges of 2015.
Stanbridge has been recognized by Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc. from 2009-2014 as one of America’s Best Technical Colleges, based upon the student loan default rate for the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program and the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Programs compiled by the U.S. Department of Education.
In 2013, Stanbridge College’s online learning platform, Edverum™ was awarded the Outstanding Education Website WebAward by the Web Marketing Association for outstanding achievement in web development in the category of education.
Stanbridge College has a NCLEX seven year average pass rate of 91% for its vocational nursing program. The NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination) is the exam required to get licensed to legally practice as a nurse in the United States. It is created by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
Originally located in central Irvine, California, United States, Stanbridge College moved to its present location in Orange County in 1997. The school is just east of Newport Beach, south of Costa Mesa, and borders John Wayne Airport.
The Irvine campus has classrooms, computer labs, and laboratory spaces for Nursing, Hemodialysis, Veterinary Technology, OT, OTA and PTA programs. Stanbridge College’s Learning Resource Center includes electronic resources and computers, a print collection, LAN pod stations, and collaboration rooms.
Nursing Simulation Lab and Nursing Skills Lab
Stanbridge College Nursing Skills Lab is equipped with 10 hospital beds and the Nursing Simulation Lab has 6 hospital beds. Both labs have high fidelity simulation manikins including Laerdal SimMan 3G, SimMom and SimNewB in addition to nursing supplies and flat screen TVs displaying training materials above each hospital bed.
Therapy Skills Labs
The four Therapy Skills Labs include training tools for Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapist Assistant programs on campus exercise equipment, adaptive equipment, mobility devices, therapeutic activities, positioning devices, physical agent modalities, and home-simulation areas for instruction and training.
Veterinary Technology Skills Lab
The Veterinary Technology Skills Lab includes equipment and tools for students to learn practical skills. Equipment in the lab includes Rescue Critters® Canine and Feline Mannequins, HomeAgain® microchip scanner, Summit® 325 Fixed X-ray unit, Son Mate® II dental unit, and other tools to expose students to real world practice.
Sensory Immersion Lab
The Sensory Immersion Lab is a facility for students to learn how to treat persons with mental illness, dementia, as well as children with autism and other sensory disorders. The lab includes Wild Device Iom Biofeedback technology, Zero Gravity Recliner, a Wp-3 water panel, and other sensory tools to simulate environments for sensory immersion.
Driving Simulator Lab
The on-campus Driving Simulator Lab is a facility in which students learn driving assessments and practices to treat elderly clients. The lab includes WT-960 Tran-Sit Car Transfer Simulator and STISIM Drive Interactive Driving Simulator System.
REACH - Beyond the Classroom is a Stanbridge College service learning and community service program. Stanbridge College supports various community service partners through fundraising and volunteer opportunities for students, faculty, staff and alumni to participate in. Some partner organizations include Habitat for Humanity, American Red Cross, The Free Wheel Chair Mission, Smile Train, Mercy Corps, Project HOPE School, and Doctors Without Borders.
Some of the past Stanbridge College REACH community service activities include:
- building homes with Habitat for Humanity;
- assisting in saving over 350 lives through quarterly blood drives for the American Red Cross;
- fundraising for ShelterBox to help the tsunami victims of Japan;
- volunteering at free medical clinics in Los Angeles and Orange County;
- volunteering to help provide homeless military veterans with access to basic medical services with Veterans First OC;
- fundraising for Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) to help the Somalian famine crisis;
- serving lunches to the homeless students of Project Hope School;
- serving holiday meals to homeless military veterans with Veterans First OC;
- donating hundreds of toys for needy children to Toys for Tots;
- fundraising for Convoy of Hope to help the tornado victims in Joplin, Missouri;
- revitalizing Mary’s Kitchen, an OC homeless shelter and soup kitchen with Rebuilding Together OC;
- packing up over 100 care packages for US Marines serving overseas;
- serving meals to over 250 homeless people every month with Mariners Outreach;
- raising $1500 and collecting over 150 lbs of pet food and supplies for the Irvine Animal Care Center;
- donating over 200 sleeping bags, blankets and suitcases to people who are homeless in Orange County;
- raising $1,700 for the Southern California Special Olympics and volunteering the 2012 & 2013 Summer Games;
- raising over $2,900 and donating over 100 backpacks and school supplies to needy children in Orange County;
- donating over 1,300 cans of food to the Orange County Second Harvest Food Bank;
- co-founding the Free Pantry Organization and donating funds and helping distribute over 22,000 lbs of food and groceries to the needy;
- raising $2,307 for the Alzheimer's Association 2013 Walk to End Alzheimer's;
- planting 150 plants with the North Coastal Operations of the Orange County Parks at the Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve;
- raising $5,000 to donate to the impoverished people in Sri Lanka to support vision health;
- raising $1,423 to help fund medical supplies to assist over 300 homeless people in Orange County  and
- raising $10,196 to help ShelterBox and Doctors Without Borders disaster relief efforts for the victims of the 2013 Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
The Alumni Association at Stanbridge College provides graduates with resume and portfolio preparation, career placement assistance, professional skill workshops, and career fairs.
- : http://www.accsc.org/Events/Professional-Development-Conference/Award-Winners/Schools-of-Excellence.aspx
- http://www.bestcolleges.com/ features/best-online-rn-to-bsn-programs