|Mascot||Great horned owl|
Stanbridge University is a private university with locations in Irvine, California and Alhambra, California. Stanbridge University offers education in nursing and allied health in Orange County, Los Angeles County, and online. It is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges, ACCSC.
- 1 Academics
- 2 Awards
- 3 Licensure and certification pass rates
- 4 University name change
- 5 Campus
- 5.1 Virtual Reality (VR) Lab
- 5.2 Human Cadaver Lab
- 5.3 Synthetic Canine Cadaver Lab
- 5.4 Canine Patient Training Simulator
- 5.5 Simulation Lab
- 5.6 Haptic IV Trainers
- 5.7 Robotic Telepresence
- 5.8 Nursing Skills Labs
- 5.9 Therapy Skills Labs
- 5.10 Veterinary Technology Surgical Teaching Clinics
- 5.11 MyVet Imaging Elevating X-Ray Table
- 5.12 Sensory Immersion Lab
- 5.13 Driving Simulator Lab
- 6 Student life
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Campus-based programs include theory and hands-on training in both laboratories at Stanbridge University and clinical partner facilities in Southern California. Campus-based programs include multi-term and cumulative review for industry standard examination certification.
Online programs are accessed through the Edverum™ online learning platform by Stanbridge University and require no physical travel to a campus, or (as is the case with the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN Degree Completion) program) only two days spent visiting the campus to assure degree completion.
- Top 10 Best Small Colleges in California by Niche.com
- 2019 Excellence in Student Services Award from ACCSC
- #1 ADN-RN Program in California by Registerednursing.org
- #1 VN Program in California by Nursingprocess.org
- #2 RN Program in California by RNCareers.org
- #3 Best Colleges for Nursing in California by Niche.com
- Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service by the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS)
- Innovation in Education Impact Award by the Internet Marketing Association (IMA)
2009 – 2019
- America's Best Technical Colleges & Universities by Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc.
- School of the Year by the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS)
2009 – 2016
- President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll by the Corporation for National and Community Service
- Best Online Programs, RN to BSN by Bestcolleges.com
2014 – 2015
- School of Excellence by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Excellence in Student Services by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Community Service Award by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
Licensure and certification pass rates
Stanbridge University has the following pass rates in 2018:
- Associate of Science in Nursing (RN): 100% NCLEX-RN exam pass rate 
- Diploma in Vocational Nursing program: 98.3% NCLEX-PN exam pass rate - Orange County Campus 
- Occupational Therapy degree program: 98% NBCOT-OTR exam pass rate 
- Physical Therapist Assistant degree program: 100% NPTAE pass rate - Orange County Campus 
- Occupational Therapy Assistant degree program: 90% NBCOT-COTA exam pass rate - Orange County Campus 
- Veterinary Technology degree program: 81% VTNE pass rate, 3-year average from 2015 to 2018 
University name change
Effective January 1, 2017, Stanbridge College changed its name to Stanbridge University. The change was approved by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). The change reflects the increased breadth of academic scholarship for its undergraduate and graduate programs in Nursing and Allied Health.
Stanbridge University's flagship campus relocated in Orange County in 1997. The Irvine-based school is just east of Newport Beach, south of Costa Mesa, and is adjacent to John Wayne Airport. In 2018, Stanbridge University opened its branch campus in Alhambra, CA in Los Angeles County. The branch campus is east of Downtown Los Angeles, south of Pasadena, between the 710 and 10 freeways.
The Irvine campus has classrooms, computer labs, teaching clinics, and laboratory spaces for Nursing, Veterinary Technology, OT, OTA, and PTA programs.
Stanbridge University offers the Vocational Nursing diploma and Occupational Therapy Assistance degree programs at its Los Angeles County branch campus in Alhambra, CA along with classrooms, skills labs, simulation labs, and training technology including virtual reality and synthetic cadavers.
Stanbridge University's Learning Resource Center includes electronic resources and computers, a print collection, LAN pod stations, and collaboration rooms.
Virtual Reality (VR) Lab
The on campus Virtual Reality (VR) Lab features zSpace virtual reality (VR) all-in-one computers. The lab features zSpace Education Systems equipped with stylus pens, 3D glasses, and screens enabling 360-degree camera angles. Using these, students can observe and interact with virtual-holographic models and animations. Students can view virtual models of anatomy and biology in 3D, examine them in detail from all angles, and dissect them fearlessly, effectively bringing learning to life. In addition, the Virtual Reality Lab features The Anatomage Table, one of the most technologically advanced anatomy visualization systems in the world, which provides full-scale human and animal models for virtual dissection. The Anatomage Table is available for all programs to utilize in the VR Lab.
Human Cadaver Lab
The on-campus Cadaver Lab at Stanbridge University is the first Synthetic Human Cadaver Lab on the West Coast as a medical training resource. It houses both real and synthetic human cadaver specimens. The real human cadavers are provided by the University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Department of Cellular & Molecular Medicine, Willed Body Program. The specimens are preserved in large, in-house refrigeration units maintained at 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
The 2 full-body synthetic cadavers were constructed by SynDaver Labs, and include removable and replaceable bones, muscles, blood vessels, veins, and organs for tactile learning.
Both real and synthetic cadavers serve as a learning tool to teach students human anatomy.
Synthetic Canine Cadaver Lab
The Synthetic Canine Cadaver Lab is equipped with SynDaver Surgical Canines from SynDaverTM Labs, for veterinary technician training, and is the first of its kind on the West Coast. The canine cadavers are simulation robots that are iPad controlled and feature lifelike muscles, bones, organs, and can breathe, bleed, pulse, and urinate. Students use these models to learn and master hands-on skills like suturing, catheterization, intubation, dentistry, and more.
Canine Patient Training Simulator
The Stanbridge University Veterinary Technology Teaching Clinics are host to the West Coast's first high-fidelity Canine Patient Simulator. Built by Cornell University's Professor of College of Veterinary Sciences, Dr. Daniel Fletcher, D.V.M, Ph.D., the technology allows students to practice making emergency clinical decisions with real-time physiological feedback in a controlled environment.
The on-campus Simulation Lab at Stanbridge University features six hospital beds, high fidelity breathing, crying, and talking simulation manikins: Laerdal SimMan 3G, SimMom, and SimNewB. The manikins are capable of simulating patient scenarios such as cardiac arrest, stroke, and birth. Instructors are additionally able to speak through the manikins, facilitating real-time feedback and interaction with patients.
Haptic IV Trainers
The Laerdal Haptic IV Trainer devices help students practice intravenous techniques with lifelike force feedback.
Students have access to Suitable Technology's Beam, a robotic telemedicine device that teaches students how to communicate with long-distance specialists, translators, and administrators to improve patient care.
Nursing Skills Labs
Stanbridge University has three Nursing Skills Labs on campus equipped with 26 hospital beds, patient manikins, and mobile electronic medical records (EMR) charting carts.
Therapy Skills Labs
The eight Therapy Skills Labs for the Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapy Assistant, and Physical Therapist Assistant programs are outfitted with on-campus exercise equipment, adaptive equipment, mobility devices, therapeutic activities, positioning devices, physical agent modalities, and home-simulation areas for instruction and training.
Veterinary Technology Surgical Teaching Clinics
The Veterinary Technology Surgical Teaching Clinics include equipment and tools for students to learn practical skills. Equipment in the lab includes Rescue Critters® Canine and Feline Mannequins, HomeAgain® microchip scanner, Summit® 325 Fixed X-ray unit, and the Son Mate® II dental unit. The clinics also feature fully functional examination and surgical laboratory suites to expose students to clinical practice.
MyVet Imaging Elevating X-Ray Table
Students work hands-on with the innovative MyVet Imaging X-Ray Table. Leveraging technology used in veterinary technology hospitals and clinics allows students to practice radiographic imaging for a variety of animals.
Sensory Immersion Lab
The Sensory Immersion Lab is a facility for students to learn how to treat persons with mental illness, dementia, as well as children with autism and other sensory disorders. The lab includes Wild Device Iom Biofeedback technology, Zero Gravity Recliner, a Wp-3 water panel, and other sensory tools to simulate environments for sensory immersion.
Driving Simulator Lab
The on-campus Driving Simulator Lab is a first-hand learning facility where OT graduate students practice driving assessments and learn to help clients who experienced strokes and other neurological incidents with the multidimensional aspects of the occupation of driving. The lab includes WT-960 Tran-Sit Car Transfer Simulator and STISIM Drive Interactive Driving Simulator System, and is the first Driving Simulator Lab in Orange County, California.
Stanbridge outREACH is a Stanbridge University service learning and community service initiative Stanbridge University supports various non-profit partners through fundraising and volunteer opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and alumni to participate in. Some partner organizations include The Free Wheel Chair Mission, Doctors Without Borders, Second Harvest Food Bank, Free Pantry, LA Works, Heal the Bay, Orange County Parks, City of Newport Beach, City of Irvine, City of Tustin, Wounded American Veterans Experience Scuba (WAVES) Project, High Hopes Head Injury Program, Blind Children's Learning Center, Life College, OC Bike Camp, Best Day Foundation, Project Wildsong, Irvine Animal Care Center, and more.
The Alumni Association at Stanbridge University provides graduates with resume and portfolio preparation, career placement assistance, professional skill workshops, and career fairs. In addition, students can take part in community-building alumni events such as hockey and baseball games.
- Stanbridge Alumni Association (SAA)
- Stanbridge Association of Physical Therapist Assistant Students (SAPTAS)
- Student Chapter of the National Association of Veterinary Technicians of America at Stanbridge University (SCNAVTA)
- Stanbridge University Nursing Students’ Association (SUNSA)
- Student Occupational Therapy Association of Stanbridge (SOTAS)
- Stanbridge Student Occupational Therapy Association (SSOTA)
- Stanbridge Vocational Nursing Students’ Association (SVNSA)
- Inter Club Council (ICC)
- [dead link]
- "Stanbridge University Nursing and Allied Health Degree Training". www.stanbridge.edu.
- "Stanbridge University Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) Degree Completion Program". www.stanbridge.edu.
- https://www.nationalservice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Honor Roll 2015 General Category.pdf
- . http://www.accsc.org/Events/Professional-Development-Conference/Award-Winners/Community-Service-Award.aspx
- "Performance table" (PDF). bvnpt.ca.gov. Retrieved 2019-06-24.
- NPTE for PTA pass rate for graduates in 2018, Orange County Campus; The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy; Basic Pass Rate Report. As viewed on February 12, 2019. The pending PTA program at the Alhambra, Los Angeles Branch Campus does not have current graduates or pass rates and is currently seeking program approval from CAPTE.
- VTNE Pass Rate; American Association of Veterinary State Boards. Three-year pass rate data for first-time test takers on the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE) based on a July 1 to June 30 reporting year (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2019).
- "Stanbridge University About". www.stanbridge.edu.
- "Stanbridge University Learning Resource System / About - Orange County". Stanbridge University.
- University, Stanbridge (29 September 2017). "Stanbridge University Increases Virtual Reality Offerings with Addition of World's First Virtual Dissection Table". GlobeNewswire News Room.
- Stanbridge (24 November 2015). "Stanbridge College Expands Cadaver Lab Facilities with Human Specimens".
- synjosh. "SynDaver - Synthetic Humans for Medical Simulation".
- "Canine Surgical Model - SynDaver".
- University, Stanbridge (13 March 2017). "Stanbridge University Opens First Synthetic Surgical Canine Cadaver Lab for Veterinary Technician Training on the West Coast". GlobeNewswire News Room.
- Stanbridge (8 April 2015). "World's First High-Fidelity Canine Patient Training Simulator Built By Cornell Professor at Stanbridge College".
- "SimMan 3G". Laerdal Medical.
- "Stanbridge University Vocational Nursing (LVN) Program - LVN School". www.stanbridge.edu.
- "Stanbridge University Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Degree Program". www.stanbridge.edu.
- "Stanbridge University Veterinary Technology School - Degree Program". www.stanbridge.edu.
- "Stanbridge University Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (OT) Degree Program". www.stanbridge.edu.
- "Stanbridge University Reach". www.stanbridge.edu.
- "Stanbridge University Alumni Association". www.stanbridge.edu.