Star Wars: In Concert
Dirk Brossé conducts during the laser show
|Associated album||Star Wars soundtracks|
|Start date||October 1, 2009|
Star Wars: In Concert, previously referred to as Star Wars: A Musical Journey, is a series of concerts featuring a symphony orchestra and choir, along with footage from the Star Wars saga films displayed on a large LED screen at three stories tall. The screen is set to live performances of the Star Wars score composed by John Williams. The first performance took place in The O2 Arena in London, England and was attended by approximately 20,000 fans. The first North American tour started in Anaheim, California on October 1, 2009, and the second and most recent North American tour ended in London, Ontario on April 14, 2015. The concert series was scheduled to return sometime in 2016, but has since been delayed.
The concerts are narrated by Anthony Daniels, conducted by Dirk Brossé, and performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. James Earl Jones provides his voice for Daniels' introduction. The concert uses selected compositions from the Star Wars saga starting with Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace and ending with the Return of the Jedi with an intermission between the two trilogies. Although the musical selections are presented in order according to episode, the film clips do not correlate to the film the music is from, but correlate thematically.
- Opening: THX Deep Note, 20th Century Fox Fanfare, "Main Title/Blockade Runner"
- Dark Forces Conspire: "Duel of the Fates"
- A Hero Rises: "Anakin's Theme"
- Droids!: "The Dune Sea of Tatooine/Jawa Sandcrawler"
- A Race With Destiny: "The Flag Parade"
- Forbidden Love: "Across the Stars"
- A Hero Falls: "Battle of the Heroes"
- An Empire is Forged: "The Imperial March"
- A Narrow Escape: "Asteroid Field"
- A Defender Emerges: "Leia's Theme"
- An Unlikely Alliance: "Tales of a Jedi Knight"/"Cantina Band"
- A Jedi Is Trained: "Yoda's Theme"
- A Strike For Freedom: "TIE Fighter Attack"
- A Bond Unbroken: "Luke and Leia"
- Sanctuary Moon: "Forest Battle"
- A Life Redeemed: "Light of the Force"
- A New Day Dawns: "Throne Room/End Credits"
- Chewbacca suit from Episode IV, V and VI
- Darth Vader's armor
- Queen Amidala's Galactic Senate Gown (without cloak)
- Naboo handmaiden gowns
- Naboo security guard uniform
- Chancellor Palpatine robe
- C-3PO from Episode III
- Plo Koon costume
- Kit Fisto costume from Episode II
- Senate Guard armor and robe
- Emperor's Royal Guard armor and robe
- Ewok costumes from Episode VI
- Seattle Times---http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2009526684_apusstarwarsconcert.html
- Keyes, Allison (July 24, 2010). "'Star Wars In Concert' Puts The Force In The Music". NPR. Archived from the original on December 30, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- Anderton, Ethan (December 18, 2015). "Star Wars Bits: Daisy Ridley Has Read 'Episode 8', Rogue One Details, Han Solo Casting". /Film. Archived from the original on December 30, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2010-08-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Star Wars: In concert www.starwarsinconcert.com/