|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Studentski Trg or Students Square (Serbian Cyrillic: Студентски Трг) is one of the central town squares and an urban neighborhood of Belgrade, the capital of Serbia. It is located in Belgrade's municipality of Stari Grad.
Studentski Trg is located halfway between the Republic Square (to the east) and the Kalemegdan park-fortress (to the west). It is adjacent to Akademski Park. To the north it extends into the neighborhood of (Upper) Dorćol, while the pedestrian zone of Knez Mihailova is located to the south.
In time, Studentski Trg and Terazije pretty much lost their square functions, becoming streets, while Cvetni Trg, with final changes in early 2000s, is completely defunct as a traffic object. Studentski Trg is turned into the turning point and terminal station for bus line number 31 and majority of Belgrade's trolleybus lines (19, 21, 22, 22L, 28, 29 and 41).
Studentski Trg is location of many educational and cultural institutions, thus the names (Students Square, Academy Park, etc.). They include:
- Rectorate of the University of Belgrade in the representative Captain Miša's Mansion;
- Faculty for Natural Sciences and Mathematics ( University of Belgrade);
- University of Belgrade Faculty of Philosophy;
- University of Belgrade Faculty of Philology;
- Kolarac Public University, with concert hall
- Ethnographic museum
- A monument to Petar II Petrović Njegoš
|This Serbia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|