Superman punch in Burmese boxing
A superman punch is a technique used in Muay Thai, Sanshou, kickboxing, ITF-style taekwondo and mixed martial arts fighting. The technique involves bringing the rear leg forward to feign a kick, then snapping the leg back while throwing a cross, resulting in greater power behind the punch.
A variation involves pushing off from the fence with the opposite foot prior to the punch.
- Bloody Elbow – "UFC 129 Judo Chop: Georges St. Pierre's Superman Punch"
- "Mixed Martial Arts & Muay Thai Kickboxing : How to Perform the Superman Punch in Kickboxing". eHow. Retrieved 2008-04-17.
- Seife, Andy. "The 50 coolest maneuvers of all time - #46 Roman Reigns' Superman Punch". WWE. Archived from the original on 18 June 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
A jumping, cross-body right hand delivered with phenomenal impact
- Caldwell, James. "WWE News: Big Roman Reigns Interview - Reigns address criticism of his skills & WWE placing him in top position, jabs C.M. Punk's "voice of voiceless," talks getting rich, but not famous, more (w/Analysis)". PWTorch.com. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- "Off Fence to Superman's Punch to KO... Sick Skillz" (Video). Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- Blanchet, G., Boxe et sports de combat en éducation physique, Ed. Chiron, Paris, 1947
- Delmas, A., 1. Lexique de la boxe et des autres boxes, Document de formation d’entraîneur, 1981-2005 – 2. Lexique de combatique, Ligue Midi-Pyrénées, 1975-1980.
- Dempsey, J., Championship fighting, Ed. Jack Cuddy, 1950
- Lerda, L., Casteyre, J.C., Sachons boxer, Ed. Vigot, Paris, 1944
- Petit, M., Boxe, Paris, Ed. Amphora, Paris, 1972
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|