The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Suchithra Raman|
|Born||15 September 1983|
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
|Occupation(s)||Playback Singer, Lyrics Writer|
|Years active||1997 – current|
Surmukhi Raman (earlier called as Suchithra Raman), born on 15 September 1983 in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu is an Indian playback singer from Tamil Nadu. She was brought up in Pune, Maharashtra. She occasionally writes lyrics. She is one of the emerging playback singers in South India. She has done playback for more than 150 film songs in four languages including Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada. In addition, she has recorded a number of devotionals. She has performed in numerous concerts in India and abroad.
Surmukhi Raman completed her primary education in Pune, Maharashtra and higher education at Vyasa Vidhyalaya Matric Higher Secondary School in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She studied at University of Madras. Her father S.V. Ramanan, who had been a semi classical singer in All India Radio, Indore, Madhya Pradesh. He had great influence on her singing career. As advised by music composer Colonial Cousins, her birth name Suchithra Raman was rechristened as Surmukhi Raman after the movie Modhi Vilayadu in order to avoid confusion with other singers who have similar names. Legendary Ghazal King Hariharan has chosen this name for her. The meaning of Surmukhi is face (Swara mukhi).
Surmukhi's playback singing career started in 2007 and has spanned over two decades. She started singing Light music shows at the age of 14. She has sung the songs composed by all leading music directors in the film industry including Maestro Ilayaraja, A.R. Rahman, Hariharan,Bharadwaj, Vidhyasagar, Sharetth, Vijay Antony, Deva, Srikanth Deva, D. Imaan, Colonial Cousins, Jeevaraja, Vijayshankar,Taj Noor, Xavier,Manikanth Kadri, Rajini, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Ganesh Raghavendra,Nallathambi, and Shyam Balakrishnan. She has sung for more than 15 movies in Tamil and Telugu under the musical composition of Maestro Ilayaraja. Her famous hit songs include "Pothum Otha Sollu", "Chinna Paya Vayasu", and "Paruruvayaa". Her popular song “Aandipatti Kanava Kathu” from the Tamil "film Dharamadurai garnered 26 million views on YouTube." Also her another song "Peechey Peechey" from the movie Aranmanai is featured as one of the "most popular tamil songs from the best artists" in the tamil section of the Emirates Entertainment (In-Flight) Magazine, October 2016.
She is also a live stage performer who has performed more than 2000 orchestras. She has sung in concerts in India and abroad with the leading playback singers including S. P. Balasubramaniam, Mano, Hariharan, K. J. Yesudas, Chithra, Sujatha, Karthik, Srinivas, and with music directors Ilayaraja, Bharadwaj and Dhina. She has performed various star shows throughout India, Australia, Botswana, Canada, Europe, Germany, Malaysia, Middle Eastern Countries, Norway, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America. She is regularly performing in Maestro Ilayaraja Shows for past 3 years. She has also sung the title tracks for few tamil and telugu serials including Mahalakshmi (TV series) and Bama Rukmani.
Surmukhi Raman has been performing solo devotional Bhajan, semi classical shows in North India almost every year for past 10 years. She has sung more than 500 devotional songs, encouraged by Mr.A.C. Dinakar, one of the senior most musicians in the industry. Her famous devotional albums include Siva Kavasam & Thirupallieluchi(2009),Yoga Narasimhar (2015), Murugane Mal Murugane (2011), Kanikai Thanthidum (2017) and Mera Sairam (2019)  .
Apart from playback singing, she is also appeared among the panel of Judges in the singing reality shows. Official voice trainer for “Sun Singer” consecutively for 4 years. IBC Tamil
|2007||Pirappu||Tamil||Idhudhaana Kadhal Mazhai||Bharadwaj||Sathyan Mahalingam, Priya|
|2007||Pallikodam||Tamil||Rose Mary||Bharadwaj||Gana Ulaganathan|
|2007||Madurai Veeran||Tamil||Uyirum uyirum||Srikanth Deva||Ramesh & Senthildas|
|2007||Nalaiya pozhudhu Unnodu||Tamil||Yaarukitta thudhu solla||Srikanth Deva||Jaidev|
|2008||Thotta||Tamil||Saami Aduda||Srikanth Deva||Asit, Senthil Dass|
|2008||Vallamai Tharayo||Tamil||Vallamai Tharayo||Bharadwaj||Bharadwaj|
|2008||Thiruvannamalai||Tamil||Amma Maare||Srikanth Deva||Pushpavanam Kuppusamy|
|2008||Thangam||Tamil||Chinna Chinna mukkuthi||Srikanth Deva||Senthildas|
|2008||Nepali||Tamil||Hey Priya||Srikanth Deva||Karthik, Bombay Jayashri, Savitha|
|2008||Manjal Veiyil||Tamil||Malarudhu Malarudhu||Bharadwaj||Prasanna, Sathyan Mahalingam|
|2009||Perumal||Tamil||Yaen kedutha||Srikanth Deva||Benny Dayal|
|2009||Kannukulle||Tamil||Vaanam Padigal||Ilayaraja||Anitha, Priya|
|2009||Naalai Namadhe||Tamil||Naalai Namadhe||Bharadwaj|
|2009||Kadhalukku Maranamillai||Tamil||Kadavule un kovilil||Bharadwaj||Ponethaal|
|2009||Modhi Vilayadu||Tamil||Chikki Mukki Chikki Mukhi||Colonial Cousins||Lesle Lewis|
|2009||A Aa E Ee||Tamil||Mena Minuki||Vijay Antony||Vijay Antony, Sangeetha Rajeshwaran, Suchitra|
|2010||Aasal||Tamil||Kuthiraikku Theriyum||Bharadwaj||Sri Charan|
|2010||Ochaayi||Tamil||Nochi kattu kadhavonnu||Jeevaraja||Sriram Parthasarathy|
|2010||Vamsam||Tamil||Marudhaani Poovapole||Taj Noor||Mukesh|
|2010||Irandu Mugam||Tamil||Kannum Kannum||Bharadwaj||Karthik|
|2010||Puzhal||Tamil||Takkaru Takkaru Doi||Nallathambi||Naveen Madhav|
|2010||Sanikizhamai Saayangalam 5 Mani||Tamil||Thirudugirai Thirudugirai||Xavier||R. Prasanna|
|2011||Siruthai||Tamil||Chellam Vada Chellam||Vidhyasagar||Udit Narayan|
|2011||Avargalum Ivargalum||Tamil||Thedi Thedi||Srikanth Deva|
|2011||Sankaran Kovil||Tamil||Mudhan Mudhalaka||Rajini||Balaji|
|2011||Mudhal Idam||Tamil||Inga Vaanthey||D. Imaan||Haricharan|
|2011||Puli Vesham||Tamil||Top Glass||Srikanth Deva||M. L. R. Karthikeyan, Anitha, Srikanth Deva|
|2011||Mallukattu||Tamil||Maapillaiku Thozhan||Taj Noor||M. L. R. Karthikeyan Malavika, Anjana Sowmya|
|2011||Ra Ra||Tamil||Anbum Aranum||Srikanth Deva||Harish Raghavendra|
|2011||Konjam Sirippu Konjam Kovam||Tamil||Kokilamma||Sunil Xavier|
|2011||Konjam Sirippu Konjam Kovam||Tamil||En Edhire||Sunil Xavier||Tippu|
|2011||Maduve Mane||Kannada||Naxalittu Naanalla||Manikanth Kadri||Vijay Prakash|
|2011||Maduve Mane||Kannada||Idena||Manikanth Kadri||Manikanth Kadri|
|2011||Vaadamalli||Malayalam||Anuragam||Shyam Balakrishnan||K. K. Nishad|
|2011||Vaadamalli||Malayalam||Rapukalude||Shyam Balakrishnan||P. G. Ragesh|
|2012||Madhuvum Mythiliyum||Tamil||Bujju Kutti||Srikanth Deva||Srikanth Deva|
|2012||Manam Kothi Paravai||Tamil||Jal Jal Jal Oosai||D. Imaan||Aalap Raju|
|2012||Muthal Thagaval Arikkai||Tamil||Un Athanum Naanthane||Ravi Raagav||Senthil Das|
|2012||Dhoni||Tamil||Endhaka nee payanam||Ilayaraja|
|2012||Panithuli||Tamil||Uyirin||Agnel Roman and Faisal||Jayadev|
|2012||Prasad||Kannada||Ondu Aramane||Ilayaraja||Ilayaraja, Rita, Anitha|
|2013||Ananthapuram 1980||Telugu||Devudi Gudilo||James Vasanthan||Velmurugan|
|2013||Nandhi||Tamil||Vedhagosam muzangave||Bharadwaj||Mukesh, Bharadwaj|
|2014||Sooran||Tamil||Vaa Maa||P.B.Balaji||Vidyalakshmi, Rita|
|2014||Aranmanai||Tamil||Peeche Peeche||Bharadwaj||M.M. Monissha, M. M. Manasi|
|2014||Katham Katham||Tamil||Poda poda||Taj Noor||Velmurugan, Deepak|
|2014||Thunai Mudhalvar||Tamil||Kaasu Veesina||Jai||Rita|
|2014||Govindudu Andarivadele||Telugu||Bhavagare Choope||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Ranjith, Vijay Yesudas|
|2014||Yamaleela 2||Telugu||Alara Chanchalamaina||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|2014||Yamaleela 2||Telugu||Krishnam Bhaje||S. V. Krishna Reddy||M. L. R. Karthikeyan|
|2014||Arya Surya||Tamil||Mama||Srikanth Deva||Gangai Amaran, Senthil Das|
|2014||Drishya||Kannada||Ondu Kathe Kelu||Ilayaraja||Vijay Prakash, Pooja, Manasi|
|2015||Kida Poosari Magudi||Tamil||Chinna Paya Vayasu||Ilayaraja||Suraj|
|2015||Killadi||Tamil||Ekka Chakka||Srikanth Deva|
|2015||Palakkattu Madhavan||Tamil||Kunnan Po||Srikanth Deva|
|2015||Jippaa Jimikki||Tamil||Vennilaa Poloru||Ranib||V V Prasanna, Senthildass|
|2016||Tharai Thappattai||Tamil||Paruruvaaya||Ilayaraja||Sathya Prakash|
|2016||Dharamadurai||Tamil||Aandipatti||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Senthildass|
|2016||Nayyappudai||Tamil||Idhu pol Oru Sugam||Taj Noor||Yazin Nizar|
|2016||Gilli Bambaram Goli||Tamil||Engo Poguthu kaal||YR Prasad|
|2017||Aakkam||Tamil||Solla Solla||Srikanth Deva|
|2017||Kalathur Gramam||Tamil||Kanna Unnai||Ilaiyaraja|
|2018||Dhisai||Tamil||Madarasu Ponnuku||Bharadwaj||Sathyan Mahalingam|
|2018||Dhisai||Tamil||Idhu Aasai Pookkum||Bharadwaj||Bharadwaj|
|2018||Genius||Tamil||Velaiyadu Magane||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Senthil Das,Sam, Pawan, Priya Himesh, Sri Varthini|
|2018||Eghantham||Tamil||Mullaiya kelu malliya||Ganesh Raghavendra|
|2018||Maniyaar Kudumbam||Tamil||En manasukulla||Thambi Ramaiah||D. Imaan|
|2018||Maniyaar Kudumbam||Tamil||Adi Pappali Palame||Thambi Ramaiah||Jithin Raj, Sooraj Santhosh|
Television Title Songs
- Mahalakshmi – 2017
- "Surmukhi: Indian Playback Singer". BBC. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Surmukhi Raman". Music India Online. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Surmukhi Raman". All Music. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "A lot of music to listen to". The Hindu. 12 January 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "A Multi-lingual Music Journey from the Evergreen Era". New Indian Express. 25 May 2015. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "An interview with Singer Surmukhi!". Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) Tamil, Australia. 6 July 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "ON A SONG – Asal Singer Surmukhi". Ajithfans. 13 February 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- "Surmukhi's songs making wave". Times of India. 13 February 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Singer Surmukhi gets candid". Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- Kumar, Ashok (17 January 2011). "Twin Treat". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Beautiful Scores". The Hindu. 14 September 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- Ku, Anandaraj. ""`ஆண்டிப்பட்டி கனவா காத்து' பாடலைப் பாடினது நான்தான் யாருக்குத் தெரியும்?!" - பாடகி சுர்முகி". Cinema vikatan. Cinema vikatan. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
- "Surmukhi". BBC. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Surmukhi". BBC. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Surmukhi". BBC. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Surmukhi Raman". NETTV4U. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- "Emirates Entertainment Magazine, October 2016" (PDF). Emirates. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "That defining decade". The Hindu. 6 August 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Friends in deed". The Hindu. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- Krupa, Lakshmi (13 May 2016). "Notes of nostalgia". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- Srinivasan, Meera (11 October 2016). "SPB magic, live in Jaffna". Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- Natarajan, Aravindham (27 November 2016). "Ilaiyaraaja in ink". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Raajavin Sangeetha Thirunaal – 5th April 2014". Isaignani Fan Club. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Siva Kavasam and Thirupallieluchi (2005)". Raaga-A World of Music. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Yoga Narasimhar (2015)". Music India Online. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- "Murugane Mal Marugane". Jiosavaan. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- "Kaanikai Thanthidum". Deezer. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- Mera Sairam. "Album Mera Sairam". Amazon Music. Amazon Prime Music. Retrieved 19 April 2019.
- "Mera Sairam". Distrokid. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- "Sun Singer Trichy auditions on February 28". Times of India. 27 February 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Surmukhi Songs". Raaga-A World of Music. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Surmukhi Raman-Playback Singer". Moviebuff. Retrieved 7 January 2019.