||This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard.
If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.
- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: No consensus to move. Cúchullain t/c 14:53, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
Baldwin family → Baldwin family (show business) – Baldwin is a common last name and the article name is ambiguous. The proposed name matches the naming format of Category:Jackson family (show business), Category:Osmond family (show business) and Category:Taylor family (show business). This conversation originally came up at Wikipedia:Categories for discussion/Log/2015 November 10#Category:Baldwin acting family RevelationDirect (talk) 03:39, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
- Agree And then please speedy rename the category. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 03:47, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose. Category names do not follow the same naming guidelines or Wikipedia:Disambiguation as article names. Since there are currently no other existing "Baldwin family" articles, and there has not yet been a proposal to either convert the existing page to either its own disambiguation page or a WP:PRIMARYREDIRECT to point to something else, such a move would currently cause an unnecessary disambiguation. Zzyzx11 (talk) 06:29, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
- Usually they do match because categories names copy the main article names, see WP:C2D. There is no other article and no other category about a Baldwin family we're on equal footing there. My concern here is with the 1,130 Wikipedia pages that have "Baldwin" in the title (or at least the subset of those that are biographies). RevelationDirect (talk) 13:51, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
- Support the disambiguation obviously is necessary to be WP:RECOGNIZABLE because of Baldwin (surname) In ictu oculi (talk) 07:06, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
- Support or Baldwin acting family, the old name for the category. This acting family is not the only notable Baldwin family. Stanley Baldwin (who was unrelated) was the most important of a dynasty of ironmasters. His descendants have the title Earl Baldwin of Bewdley. I am supporting this nom, partly because the current name is leading to an inappropriate CFD request to match the main article, to which someone who did not know better could easily add the British Prime Minister of the 1930s. Peterkingiron (talk) 19:48, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose. I think User:Zzyzx11 is on solid ground here. The basic principle of disambiguating articles states: "Disambiguation is required whenever, for a given word or phrase on which a reader might search, there is more than one existing Wikipedia article to which that word or phrase might be expected to lead." First, as far as I know, there is presently only one Wikipedia article about a Baldwin family. Second, while it's true that other Baldwin families exist, I'm not sure that there are any others that a reader would expect to find in Wikipedia with a self-standing article. This is a question that is up in the air, as far as I am concerned, and would depend on what happens to a new article written about another Baldwin family. If another article about a Baldwin family is justified and is written and survives AFD, then of course disambiguation could be considered. Good Ol’factory (talk) 02:34, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose as per Good Ol’factory. As of yet, I see no other Wikipedia article that a reader could reasonably expect to go to when they type "Baldwin family" in the search box. Jenks24 (talk) 07:20, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.