|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I really think the gibbet quote is extraneous and belongs only in the B. Arnold article. Anyone think otherwise? If so, why? The quote deals with Arnold and his treason, not the monument.
- The gibbet quote was in wiki land when I started editing. I found a reference on print google] doing a search for benedict+arnold+gibbet. Yes, I agree it's probably apocryphal but there is a reference to do it and it should be cited in that context. Americasroof 21:08, 25 September 2006 (UTC)
- Even if the incident didn't happen, it seems to have been a widespread "urban legend" during the early 19th century, and is somewhat connected to the monument. AnonMoos 16:02, 2 May 2007 (UTC)
What is the policy on sources? I added the Randall source after I made the Boot Monument new entry because Randall is where I got the information to begin with. The Sneiderman source has been added without any new information being offered that could have come from it: should it be left in or removed? Troyvarsity (talk) 13:57, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
In the A&E Biography of Arnold, a historian says that near the monument is a wooden sign pointing to it that mentions Arnold's name, but that the monument itself does not refer to him because a law was passed by Congress that made it illegal to chisel or engrave Benedict Arnold's name. Anyone have any more info on this? Jimpoz (talk) 04:12, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Boot Monument. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060616041951/http://www.nps.gov:80/sara/tour-7.htm to http://www.nps.gov/sara/tour-7.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.