|WikiProject Disney||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
- 1 Truly the most reputable article-writing, ever
- 2 Lone Ranger
- 3 Screenshots Show Characters from Tangled, Tarzan and Beauty and the Beast
- 4 Tone
- 5 why doesnt it say that an internet connection is required
- 6 Extraneous details?
- 7 Windows version
- 8 Power discs
- 9 I swear on my life i know confirmed that Star Wars,Indiana jones, and Marvel super heroes are coming to DI
- 10 Voice cast
- 11 New characters
- 12 A Confirmation of Ferb being a figure? + Zerg
- 13 Links
- 14 Playing up
- 15 Disney Infinity Version 2.0
- 16 Custom build levels only?
- 17 Plot Summaries
Truly the most reputable article-writing, ever
The toy has been spotted, confirming a Lone Ranger playset along with the Lone Ranger and Tonto. Source: http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=658#sthash.zHLZ1nqV.dpbs — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:49, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
Screenshots Show Characters from Tangled, Tarzan and Beauty and the Beast
What is considered enough of a source for addition to the list of characters? This screenshot from Polygon - http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/8321681/ToyBox_LoneRanger_1.jpg - clearly shows Maximus from Tangled (second from right) and Tantor from Tarzan (far right). The horse on the far left is Phillipe from Beauty and the Beast. IndigoAK200 (talk) 14:24, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Some of this reads a lot like advertising copy. The Toy Box section, in particular, makes some pretty outlandish claims like 'there are no rules' (which is simply false: all games and simulations have rules of some sort) and 'you have complete control of your destiny' (whatever that means). 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:23, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
I agree; exactly what the game is and how it's played don't really seem to be addressed at all; the article has a rather breathless, PR sort of quality that sounds more like an advertisement than information. Perhaps Disney Infinity is some sort of augmented reality game, built to be operable across multiple platforms? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:55, 12 August 2013 (UTC)
why doesnt it say that an internet connection is required
That would be news to my son, who doesn't have X-box gold (just live) and is currently playing the game. it might require Gold for online play, but really what doesn't on the 360? 126.96.36.199 (talk) 01:54, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- Any true online activities (online multiplayer, toy-box sharing) will indeed require Xbox Live Gold, as do all other online multiplayer titles on the console. Gold is not required in order to play the game locally in either Toy Box or Play Set modes. --McDoobAU93 04:37, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
While I would agree that a list of franchises and characters that Disney Infinity is promoting with its figures is somewhat notable, I would limit that to simply what franchises are presented. There shouldn't be a list of the ways the figures are made available (i.e., package sets versus separately), at least not in this article. And there certainly should not be a list of each individual power disc ... that information is approaching WP:GAMECRUFT status. If people are bound and determined to list this information, it should be done in a separate article that links here, such as List of Disney Infinity power discs and List of Disney Infinity characters. I'm not saying those would necessarily pass notability, but there is a List of Skylanders characters, so there is precedent of sorts (there's also WP:OTHERSTUFFEXISTS, too). --McDoobAU93 03:52, 14 September 2013 (UTC)
Is there confirmation on when the Windows version will be released? The original press release by Bloomberg in January only listed the systems it would be available for, not when. Back on August 13th, it was "confirmed to release sometime in 2014" based on a game trailer. Then five days later, an anonymous editor who has made only two edits here changed it to "Ottobre 2013" (October). Two days later, the Windows version was removed from the page, then that was put back in a day later. I think I saw "delayed until 2014" amongst one of the edits.
Amazon is not listing even a placeholder page for a Windows version. If it was actually going to be released next month, it should be up for pre-order. I have changed that section of the page to a statement along the lines of "it was announced but no release date has been set". —RRabbit42 (talk) 04:33, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
- You're certainly welcome to be bold and create List of Disney Infinity power discs, if one under another name doesn't already exist. Be prepared to provide sources and defend the notability of the article, which some may consider WP:GAMECRUFT. --McDoobAU93 15:19, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
I swear on my life i know confirmed that Star Wars,Indiana jones, and Marvel super heroes are coming to DI
Please believe me, i was at game stop. Buying the lone ranger play set along with the cars one. When i was checking out I heard my dad talking to the guy who was helping us out. The guy said coming Summer 2014 there will be Indiana Jones,Star Wars and Marvel super heroes. I'm not kidding! Please believe me! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Legoman3609 (talk • contribs) 06:18, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
- That's fine, but for that kind of information, you'll need a reliable source saying it's so. Some random person in a Gamestop store isn't necessarily reliable, and especially can't be cited in the article, so find an article or something mentioning it, and you can add the info with that source. —Torchiest talkedits 14:17, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
- Got distracted, and Torchiest beat me to this ...
- Unfortunately, your devout belief in this release does not make for a good enough reason to include this information in the article. Wikipedia relies on reliable sources, not passionate feelings or beliefs, or rumors from potentially misinformed salespeople at retail stores. While I would certainly believe that Disney will be considering adding their newer properties into a most-likely-being-developed-but-still-speculative sequel, we would need verifiable proof that Disney wanted to update the current game to include new characters, something that may not be possible on legacy platforms (notably Wii and Nintendo 3DS) and may preclude them from making the addition now lest those users be left out, something in my opinion Disney generally doesn't like doing. --McDoobAU93 15:14, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
Pending the identification of reliable sources for the cast of voice artists in the game, this has been removed per WP:PROVEIT. Sources can include the on-screen credits of the game (the subject can be the source, if the info within it is verifiable by others), instruction manuals, etc. --McDoobAU93 15:23, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
- McDoob is correct. There's 2 hurdles here. One is sourcing. Unless sources can be provided, it shouldn't be in the article. That's how anything is on Wikipedia, per WP:BURDEN.
- Secondly, it's a violation of WP:GAMECRUFT, unless anyone can prove it to be especial noteworthy.
- Unless both are addressed, the info is right to be removed. Sergecross73 msg me 01:38, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
- The article indicates there are still three more characters to be released. As of yet, there is no reliably-sourced news indicating that all-new characters not already mentioned in the game are to be added. --McDoobAU93 14:15, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
A Confirmation of Ferb being a figure? + Zerg
I Was reading some posts on reddit and came across this, http://www.iheartinfinity.com/13-exciting-disney-infinity-characters-announced/ and according to this Ferb is a confirmed character, just no picture yet. Plus in trailers we see Ferb as a playable character, should we add him to this or not? Plus, I was looking at DI's facebook and a fan spotted Ferb in Argos. There is also no picture. Plus there is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oOVhGYIlPI . Looks for real to me. Even the offical DI youtube uploaded it! As for Zerb in this video of Tonto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAs6sVfyILw it shows Tonto wacking Zerg walking in the toy box with a sticky hand as well as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWUgfrhUE5w , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxBTZ5AgbPI , and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC5ptkg8DSk . Another confirmation. I would add them, but I don't know how. --Legoman3609 (talk) 22:01, 28 January 2014 (UTC)
I wondering how to stop the game for playing up?
It very slow.
Disney Infinity Version 2.0
Disney has started dropping hints about the future of the Infinity franchise, and while something called Version 2.0 is coming, and while that something will include Marvel characters (if not characters from other Disney properties, such as Muppets and Star Wars), no proof has been presented as to what form this Version 2.0 will take. Unless information surfaces that this is an expansion to the existing game or a new release, let's keep speculation about this to a minimum. --McDoobAU93 15:00, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
Custom build levels only?
This game are the levels inbult or do you have to create them yourself?