|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
From Redirect to Stub
I've created a new article devoted to this, as the redirect to "Emergence" was unhelpful. My first cut of the article needs a lot of expansion and qualification, but I think I've made a reasonable start in laying out the issues. Metamagician3000 12:26, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
- I dig it. Perhaps this should be a series, web portal, etc.? Wikipedia has lots of articles on these subjects. Mathiastck 20:59, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- This is a good suggestion that I would support. --Loremaster 00:26, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
There needs to be an entire new section on how emerging technologies effects the commercial market. I'm not sure where this belongs. But I state why I found this page.
Blue lasers capable of reading at higher data compression where developed, and then as a result the media market shifts from dvd to blue ray. Record to tape, VHS to DVD. Ships and Railways to Airplanes. I mean really important stuff. Where to put it all.--Sparkygravity (talk) 14:08, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
- Hmmm... Not a bad idea. However, that section should not be written a way that it makes it looks like an advertisement for a particular product. --Loremaster (talk) 16:02, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
There should be a section on affects of the new technology on daily lives of families. I started to add some information. i think it goes great with this subject. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Chakamull (talk • contribs) 00:12, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
I saw that my integration into this article of examples from List of emerging technologies was removed. I agree that it was unsourced, but I still think there should be examples in the article. Perhaps not all the examples deserves a place, but let's at least take some of them - Nanomaterials, for example, is obviously going to show new technologies in the near future. Mikael Häggström (talk) 07:34, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
- To avoid violating Wikipedia's No Original Research policy, find reputable books and websites that do a survey of emerging technologies and cite them as sources. --Loremaster (talk) 07:40, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
Removed from end of lede.
- cite: Emerging technologies. (2010, January 5). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 10:04, January 7, 2010, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Emerging_technologies&oldid=336053869
Affects of Emerging Technology on Families Daily Lives
With the emerging technology advancing at such a great rate it has made it a lot easier to communicate with friends and families. IPhones and Smart Phones let you update Fackbook and MySpace from just about anywhere. You can also read e-mails and respond to them quickly. The online community is also expanding to where you can go online and play games with your frinds and family. With X-Box, Playstaion 3, and the WII you can play games and talk to your frineds and family as you are playing.
In some aspects these are great things for families. A parent can call there child at anytime to find out what they are doing, or where they are at. A person with a flat tire can call a friend to stay on the phone with them until help arrives, if they can't change it themselves. Parens can also track there kids spending habits with on-line banking right from there cell phones or computers. There are many great things that new technology has helped families keep better in touch with each other with. GPS in vehicles helps families get to there destination faster and safer. The internet helps kids with homework projects. These are just a few of the ways that technology has helped families in there daily lives. Chakamull (talk) 00:35, 13 March 2010 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Chakamull (talk • contribs) 00:34, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- I've reverted your edits of the Emerging technologies article. Unless you wrote was based on a reliable source, it is original research with a biased point of view. Please read the Wikipedia:No original research, Wikipedia:Neutral point of view, Wikipedia:Verifiability policy pages before editing the article again. --Loremaster (talk) 00:50, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
IMHO, the grammar and sentence flow in this article are bad and need serious work. Too many sentence mistakes are jarring and detract from the info you are presenting. Please, at least use a grammar check before posing major edits.
"In the history of technology, emerging technologies, the character of which comprise cutting-edge developments, represent contemporary advances and innovation around the 21st century in various fields of technology." <--- This sentence is wrong and hard to read. I changed it, but see what you think of the new one.
I can help a little bit, but I am not able to do all of it. Please, can someone with a little more rewording skill than I help this article?
For a better definition
The Long Journey From Nanotechnology To Emerging Technologies --Loremaster (talk) 23:50, 11 December 2010 (UTC)
Article should be renamed to the singular "Emerging technology"
The appropriate name for the article is "Emerging technology", per WP:Singular. Examples of adjectival titles using the singular are Developing country, Graphic novel, Primary school, and Natural science. The Transhumanist 23:49, 9 November 2014 (UTC)
New tech - Vitro meat
Can anyone assist in finding a source for In vitro meat is also an ethical issue. Some argue that it is less objectionable than traditionally obtained meat because it doesn't involve killing and reduces the risk of animal cruelty, while others disagree with eating meat that has not developed naturally. ? Complete turing (talk) 14:59, 17 December 2015 (UTC)