Talk:Golden Baseball League
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Golden Baseball League article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article is written in Canadian English (colour, centre, travelled, realize, analyze), and some terms used in it are different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
Is there any source for the list of "possible expansion" cities? Anyone can throw darts at a map and come up with some cities that could conceivably field a team, but if this list is gonna be on here, some evidence will be needed that the league's actually trying to put a club there.
Also, I think we're jumping the gun a bit on the divisional alignment - there hasn't been any announcement of this. Chicken Parm 05:13, 23 October 2007 (UTC)
The list that says "other expansion cities"-- are these places being considered for 2009, or are for sure not getting a 2009 team but are in for 2010, or are already receiving for 2009? Can you give me a little bit of a clue here?
What happened to the "Other Expansion Cities" list?! Who deleted it? Those places actually ARE being considered, they're just the secondary list of places.
GBL4AV 13:44, 8 March 2008
- You need to remember though, these were secondary cities. These places are the ones that we will hear about if one of the prime 5 declines.
Future of Reno
The GBL is planning on moving Reno to a possible expansion city. Santa Clara, CA; Apple Valley, CA; and Carson City, NV have all been mentioned by Dave Kaval as possibilities. Most likely, though, the Silver Sox will change their name wherever they go. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:15, 23 July 2008 (UTC)GBL4AV184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:15, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
- Do you have a source for that info. If so we could put it into the article. Gateman1997 (talk) 01:20, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
- The Silver Sox are likely to stay in Nevada and relocate to Carson City, but could also fold. Ccwstandard (talk) 17:20, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
Though I don't have an article of this, I actually had a personal conversation with commissioner Dave Kaval about expansion to the city of Adelanto, California. Its current team, the High Desert Mavericks, are probably moving to the Carolina League after this season, so I notified Comm. Kaval, who has always wanted to come to the area near Adelanto. I can get the entire conversation for you guys if it'd verify the possibility of it and putting it on the Future Expansion list.
- True, the success of minor league baseball in the Adelanto/Apple Valley CA area has drew interest of the Golden Baseball League to field a team in 2009. Other California towns whom might lose their teams are Bakersfield, Fresno and San Jose, although the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes expressed interest to play in the AAA-level Pacific Coast League while they remain an affiliate of the Angels. I doubt Fresno after 10 years in the PCL may lose the Giants affiliate, the Fresno Grizzlies to another city (most likely to San Jose), but the Golden Baseball League is on the mission to restore minor league baseball in a dozen cities by the year 2010 across the Western U.S., parts of Canada and Mexico. From the wikipedia Fresno Grizzlies article on the issue of holding team operations:
<< During the team's eleven year history in Fresno, it has had a number of different owners. In October, 2005 it was announced the team had been sold again, this time to Fresno Baseball LLC, headquartered in Stoneham, Massachusetts.>>
Well, Adelanto is off the list.
On 29 August 2008, it was announced the current team in Adelanto would indeed be staying for 2009. So long, GBL. Hoping for 2010 and/or a nice AWL team. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:59, 1 September 2008 (UTC)GBL4AV
Okay, so what's going on with the divisional format? Maui is in no way a northern team, and where is the citation that the Tijuana Potros are defunct? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:23, 23 December 2009 (UTC)
- At the game tonight, the Vipers were promoting 2009 season tickets with the statement that the league was adding Canadian teams, as well as expanding the schedule by eight games (+4 home games). Seems mighty obvious that Victoria and one of the interior BC cities will be joining next year. Wonder when the announcement will be? Resolute 04:38, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
- Victoria was officially added on October 1, 2008 and are known as the Victoria Seals, owned by Russ and Darren Parker.
Once again, you have to cite resources as to where you found this information. The Wikipedia contributors will not buy into you just saying you talked to David Kaval personally. Unless you have credible evidence that what you say is true, whatever you write will be deleted, no reason given. I've had to deal with it, too. I put your info on my website because I believe you. Ccwstandard (talk) 01:57, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
There needs to be a source on the Potros leaving the league and the Cimarrones entering. Since there is not source right now I am reverting the info to how it was and realigning the divisions more accurately. Please do not make insolent edits like this. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 05:46, 1 January 2010 (UTC)GBL4AV126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:46, 1 January 2010 (UTC)
Someone keeps putting on here that the Tijuana team is now called the Cimarrones and no longer known as the Potros. Yet, there has been no confirmation of it or any articles that speak of it. Is there a way to substantiate it? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:45, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
Someone put it back again. I'll fix it. NO UNSOURCED INFORMATION. Geez, why can't people get that?! The GBL website says they are the Potros, so that's what it goes by, end of story. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:18, 17 January 2010 (UTC)
Apparently, somebody did find sources that mention Cimmarones de Tijuana. But that still does not prove that's who they are. Where's the team website? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 07:23, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Golden Baseball League. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120222054614/http://www.yumasun.com/news/affilated-50191-colombian-league.html to http://www.yumasun.com/news/affilated-50191-colombian-league.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.