|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Romaine Brooks article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Romaine Brooks has been listed as one of the Art and architecture good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Current status: Good article|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The article contained a long list of people Brooks supposedly had relationships with, which seems more like a list of people she met at one point or another. I've removed the following:
- Oscar Wilde's lover Lord Alfred Douglas
- wealthy socialite Luisa Casati, writers Djuna Barnes, Radclyffe Hall, and Nancy Cunard, and Venice Baroness Mimì Franchetti.
If any of these are documented in reliable sources then by all means add them back, but I have Meryle Secrest's biography of Brooks, Souhami's joint biography of Brooks and Natalie Barney, and the other major biographies of Natalie Barney -- plus biographies of Hall, Cunard, and Barnes -- and I can't find support for any of them. —Celithemis 13:01, 24 September 2006 (UTC)
- This discussion is transcluded from Talk:Romaine Brooks/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the reassessment.
GA Sweeps: On hold
As part of the WikiProject Good Articles, we're doing Sweeps to determine if the article should remain a Good article. I went through the article and made various changes, please look them over. I believe the article currently meets the majority of the criteria and should remain listed as a Good article. However, in reviewing the article, I have found an issue that needs to be addressed.
- The article currently has nine non-free images. This needs to be cut down to three or four at most. I would suggest the main image, the piano image, and one or two others that are discussed in detail in the text. An external link is already provided which shows all of her images, so readers can visit the link if they want to see some of these images.
I will leave the article on hold for seven days, but if progress is being made and an extension is needed, one may be given. If no progress is made, the article may be delisted, which can then later be renominated at WP:GAN. I'll contact all of the main contributors and related WikiProjects so the workload can be shared. If you have any questions, let me know on my talk page and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. --Happy editing! Nehrams2020 (talk • contrib) 17:29, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
GA Sweeps: Kept
Thanks for clarifying on the images. Any of the free images, if free in the originating country, should be moved to Commons so others can benefit from their use. I believe there is sufficient rationale for the non-free images for GA, but there may be some issues if this article were to head to FAC at some point. I believe the article currently meets the criteria and should remain listed as a Good Article. Continue to improve the article making sure all new information is properly sourced and neutral. It would also be beneficial to update the access dates for all of the online sources. If you have any questions, let me know on my talk page and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I have updated the article history to reflect this review. --Happy editing! Nehrams2020 (talk • contrib) 06:11, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Romaine Brooks. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061020001831/http://www.glbtq.com/arts/brooks_r.html to http://www.glbtq.com/arts/brooks_r.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.