The Forge of Fury
|Rules required||Dungeons & Dragons, 3rd edition|
The Forge of Fury is a dungeon crawl, or site-based adventure, that describes the stronghold of Khundrukar. The great dwarven smith, Durgeddin the Black, founded the secret stronghold within a great cavern system two hundred years ago when he and his clan were driven from their home by a horde of orcs and trolls. The orcs discovered the location of Khundrukar, Durgeddin's home, a century ago when they captured one of Durgeddin's clansmen. The orcs raised a great army that stormed the stronghold and slew the dwarves there, allowing the stronghold's five levels to fall into ruins. Now goblins, orcs and other monsters use the ruins as a base. Legends tell of the extraordinary blades Durgeddin forged in anger, enticing the player characters to come to the ruins of Khundrukar to obtain them.
A reviewer from Pyramid commented that the "first few pages are very good at walking new Dungeon Masters through the steps needed to properly prepare for the adventure", also noting that "like the Sunless Citadel, the main focus is on the adventure." Conversely, an RPGnet review criticized the lack of hints in the package, but praised the adventure as following "in the mold of the great classics of the first edition".
Dungeon Master for Dummies lists The Forge of Fury as one of the ten best adventures from the 3rd edition.
- Baker, Richard (2000). The Forge of Fury. Wizards of the Coast.
- "Tales from the Yawning Portal". Wizards of the Coast. 2017-02-21. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "The Forge Of Fury (for D&D)". Pyramid. 2. Steve Jackson Games. 2000-12-22. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Walker, Bradford. "The Forge of Fury". Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- Mona, Erik; Jacobs, James (2004). "The 30 Greatest D&D Adventures of All Time". Dungeon. Paizo Publishing (116): 78.
- Slavicsek, Bill; Baker, Rich; Grubb, Jeff (2006). Dungeon Master For Dummies. For Dummies. p. 320. ISBN 978-0-471-78330-5. Retrieved 2009-02-12.