The Paragon, Singapore
New Paragon Facade taken in 2010
|Location||290 Orchard Road, Singapore 238859|
|Management||SPH Retail Property Management Services|
|Owner||Orchard 290 Ltd|
|No. of stores and services||196|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||483,000 square feet (44,900 m2) (retail)
222,000 square feet (20,600 m2) (tower)
|No. of floors||6 (retail)
The 20-storey shopping centre was designed by Kumpulan Senireka Sendirian Berhad, a Malaysian architectural firm. It was redeveloped in the late 1990s, transforming it into a modern glass-covered building. It has been described as “posh and sleek”.
In January 2008 Paragon embarked on a $82 million facelift which included a $37 million land premium  to expand her commercial space which saw the addition of three more floors of office and medical space as well as new retails stores.
The renovation was also in step with the URA's call to building owners to create more interesting and unique building facades to enhance the vibrancy of Orchard Road. In January 2017, Forbes recognized Paragon as one of the top five shopping malls in Singapore.
In July 2014, Stephen Wiltshire went to The Paragon to do a 4m by 1m sculpture for 5 days from 16 July 2014 and concluded on 20 July 2014.
With over 200 shops on six floors devoted to fashion, dining, lifestyle, fitness, health and beauty, Paragon has gained the reputation for being along Orchard Road.
One of Paragon’s features is its cluster of international brand flagship stores. These include high fashion labels Tod's, Prada, Miu Miu, Jimmy Choo, Anteprima, Dunhill, Etro, Ermenegildo Zegna and Burberry. Gucci opened its flagship store with five storeys of shopfront presence on the facade in February 2010. Complementing fashion are accessories that include watches, pens and jewellery retailers such as Hublot, Cortina Watch, Larry Jewelry, and Loang and Noi, among others, as well as crystal specialists Lladro and Liuligongfang.
There are several restaurants in the shopping centre, ranging from the moderately priced Thai Express to high-end Imperial Treasure Super Peking Duck Restaurant, as well as the one-Michelin-starred Crystal Jade Golden Palace.
Paragon also houses a 20-storey medical and office tower atop the Paragon shopping podium.
Location and accessibility
- Paragon | Store/Shop Review | Singapore | Frommers.com
- *"Uniquely Singapore - Shopping in Orchard". Singapore Tourism Board. Retrieved 31 October 2006.
- The Paragon, Singapore
- Paragon Shopping Centre : Paradise for Singapore Shoppers
- : Paragon Valuation
- Collin Anderson (2012). "Paragon Shopping Centre". Evolution of a Retail Streetscape: DP Architects on Orchard Road. Images Publishing. pp. 103–. ISBN 978-1-86470-462-4.
- "Facelift for Paragon to enhance retail experience". Singapore Press Holdings Limited. 2008-01-07.
- "The Five Best Shopping Malls In Singapore". Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- Gucci flagship store in Singapore
- "Singapore's Michelin-starred restaurants: All you need to know". The Straits Times. 21 July 2016.