Paragon Facade in 2010
|Address||290 Orchard Road|
|Management||SPH Retail Property Management Services|
|Owner||Orchard 290 Ltd|
|No. of stores and services||196|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||483,000 square feet (44,900 m2) (retail)|
222,000 square feet (20,600 m2) (tower)
|No. of floors||6 (retail)|
|Public transit access||Somserset |
It was redeveloped in the late 1990s, transforming it into a modern glass-covered building. It has been described as “posh and sleek”.
In January 2008, Paragon was embarked on an $82 million facelift which included a $37 million land premium to expand its commercial space on the nearby space which was once a former site of The Promenade as its new wing, which saw the addition of three more floors of office and medical space as well as new retails stores.
The renovation was also in step with the URA's call to building owners to create more interesting and unique building facades to enhance the vibrancy of Orchard Road. In January 2017, Forbes recognized Paragon as one of the top five shopping malls in Singapore.
Paragon is known for its cluster of flagship stores of international high fashion labels such as Tod's, Prada, Miu Miu, Jimmy Choo, Anteprima, Dunhill, Etro, Ermenegildo Zegna and Burberry. Gucci opened its flagship store with five storeys of shopfront presence on the facade in February 2010. Complementing fashion are accessories that include watches, pens and jewellery retailers such as Hublot, Cortina Watch, Larry Jewelry and Loang and Noi, among others, as well as crystal specialist Liuligongfang and handcrafted porcelain Lladró.
There are several restaurants in the shopping centre, ranging from the moderately priced Thai Express to high-end Imperial Treasure Super Peking Duck Restaurant, as well as the one-Michelin-starred Crystal Jade Golden Palace.
Paragon also houses a 20-storey medical and office tower atop the Paragon shopping podium.
Location and accessibility
- "Uniquely Singapore - Shopping in Orchard". Singapore Tourism Board. Retrieved 31 October 2006.
- "Things to Do in Singapore | Frommer's". Frommers.com. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Paragon Shopping Centre : Paradise for Singapore Shoppers". www.streetdirectory.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-11-14. Retrieved 2010-02-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Collin Anderson (2012). "Paragon Shopping Centre". Evolution of a Retail Streetscape: DP Architects on Orchard Road. Images Publishing. pp. 103–. ISBN 978-1-86470-462-4.
- "Facelift for Paragon to enhance retail experience". Singapore Press Holdings Limited. 2008-01-07. Archived from the original on 2010-04-02.
- "The Five Best Shopping Malls In Singapore". Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "Media Releases - Singapore Press Holdings". www.sph.com.sg.
- "Singapore's Michelin-starred restaurants: All you need to know". The Straits Times. 21 July 2016.