Café des 2 Moulins
The Café des 2 Moulins (French for "Two Windmills") is a café in the Montmartre area of Paris, located at the junction of Rue Lepic and Rue Cauchois (the address is 15, rue Lepic, 75018 Paris). It takes its name from the two nearby historical windmills, Moulin Rouge and Moulin de la Galette. The interior consists of a bar area and multiple small tables.
The café has gained considerable fame since its appearance in the 2001 film Amélie, in which it is the workplace of the title character. It has since become a popular tourist destination. Another location from the film, the convenience store of Collignon is located nearby, on the rue des Trois-Frères. The tobacco counter, tended in the film by Georgette (Isabelle Nanty) was removed in 2002 when the cafe changed ownership.
The cafe was listed in the Registre du commerce et des sociétés in 1964. According to Marc Fougedoire, the current owner, the establishment opened its doors at the beginning of the 20th century, but did not take its current name until the 1950s. It had already been used for two other films before it served in Amélie.
- Belleret, Robert (6 May 2001). "Montmartre, extérieur jour". Le Monde (in French)..
- (in French) « Les restaurants immortalisés au cinéma : Le destin des Deux Moulins, Paris », sur Linternaute.com. Consulté le 3 novembre 2008.
- Sciolino, Elaine (10 August 2003). "Cinematography Meets Geography In Montmartre". The New York Times..
- Duval Smith, Alex (6 January 2003). "Our Woman in Paris". The Independent..
- (in French) Fiche entreprise : Les Deux Moulins, on Score3, Pouey International. Consulted 4 November 2008. This was later the basis of the SIRENE.
- (in French) « Café des Deux Moulins : Interview », on Chicline.com. Version stored on the Internet Archive from 15 March 2008.
- Soubes, S. (7 November 2002). "Claude Labbé, 64 ans: Retraite sous les projecteurs". L'Hôtellerie Restauration (in French) (2794)..
|This article about a French building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|