Institut de France
The Institute, located in Paris, manages approximately 1,000 foundations, as well as museums and châteaux open for visit. It also awards prizes and subsidies, which amounted to a total of €5,028,190.55 for 2002. Most of these prizes are awarded by the Institute on the recommendation of the académies.
The Institut de France was established on 25 October 1795.
- Académie française (French Academy, concerning the French language) - founded in 1635
- Académie des inscriptions et belles-lettres (Academy of Humanities) - founded in 1663
- Académie des sciences (Academy of Sciences) - founded in 1666
- Académie des beaux-arts (Academy of Fine Arts) - created in 1816 as the merger of the
- Académie des sciences morales et politiques (Academy of Moral and Political Sciences) - founded in 1795, suppressed in 1803, reestablished in 1832
Media related to Institut de France at Wikimedia Commons