This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Thomas A. Pugel is the Vice Dean of Executive Programs and a professor of economics and global business at New York University Stern School of Business. He teaches courses in the economics of global business and the economic analysis of firms and markets. Pugel's primary research is competition and multinationals, foreign direct investments, international economics, international industrial competition, and international trade.
Pugel served as Academic Director of Stern's Langone MBA Program from 2004-2008, as Vice Dean for Faculty from 1994-1998, and as chairperson of the International Business Area from 1990-1994 and 1998-2003. He was Visiting Professor at the School of International Politics, Economics and Business at Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan, from 1985-1986; in 1983 he was a member of the U.S. Faculty of the National Center for Industrial Science and Technology Management Development at Dalian, Peoples Republic of China; and in 1980 he was a Visiting Scholar at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
Pugel has served as a research consultant to a number of U.S. government agencies, international organizations, and business organizations. Included among these are JP Morgan, Citicorp, Chrysler Corporation, the Federal Trade Commission, the United States Congress Joint Economic Committee and the United Nations.
Books and Publications
Pugel has published a number of books, along with numerous articles in professional journals and chapters in books. He has also been published in many journals including Review of Economics and Statistics, Journal of International Economics, and Harvard International Review.
- Chidambaran, N.K., T. Pugel, and A. Saunders (2005). An Investigation of the Performance of the U.S. Property-Liability Insurance Industry. American Risk and Insurance Association, Inc.
- Gray, H., T. Pugel, and I. Walter (1986). International Trade, Employment, and Structural Adjustment: The United. International Labour Office.
- McCulloch, D.; et al. (2008). International Trade in the Global Economy with Business Applications (Customized for Northwood University). The McGraw-Hill Companies.
- Pugel, T. (1980). Endogenous Technical Change and International Technology Transfer in a Ricardian Trade Model. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Pugel, T. (2005). English Basics. Klett Ernst/Schulbuch.
- Pugel, T. (2005). Grammar Builder 5. Upper Intermediate. Klett Ernst/Schulbuch.
- Pugel, T. (2009). International Economics. McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
- Pugel, T. (1984). International Market Linkages and US Manufacturing: Price, Profits, and Patterns. Massachusetts: Ballinger Publishing Company.
- Pugel, T. (1984). US Corporate Interests and the Political Economy of Trade Policy. University of Reading, Dept. of Economics.