|Municipality of Tiaong|
Quezon-Laguna Boundary Arch, Saint John the Baptist Parish Church, Municipal Hall, Claro M. Recto Memorial Shrine, Villa Escudero
Map of Quezon with Tiaong highlighted
|Region||Calabarzon (Region IV-A)|
|Founded||May 12, 1691|
|Barangays||31 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Ramon Preza|
|• Electorate||51,310 voters (2016)|
|• Total||168.38 km2 (65.01 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||590/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)42|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||199,834,328.54 (2016)|
Tiaong, officially the Municipality of Tiaong, (Tagalog: Bayan ng Tiaong), is a 1st class municipality in the province of Quezon, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 99,712 people.
It lies in the deep coconut region of Quezon, some 96 kilometres (60 mi) southeast of Manila.
Tiaong is politically subdivided into 31 barangays.
- Ayusan I
- Ayusan II
- Del Rosario
- Poblacion I
- Poblacion II
- Poblacion III
- Poblacion IV
- San Agustin
- San Isidro
- San Jose
- San Juan
- San Pedro
- San Francisco
In 1957, the following barrios were created:
|Population census of Tiaong|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Elected officials 2013-2016:
- Mayor: Ramon Preza
- Vice Mayor: Romano Castillo
- Gemson C. Boongaling
- Rexcia Baldeo
- Venedick R. Atienza
- Ryan Manalo
- Rex D. Bautista
- Roderick Umali
- Manuel U. Escueta
- Generose D. Amurao
- Moises Amat Escueta Ala-ala Park
- Saint John the Baptist Parish Church of Tiaong
- Escudero, Villa escudero
- Private school
- Kiddie Corner School Inc.
- Saint John Parochial School
- Gaudete Study Center Inc
- Tiaong Christian Academy
- Maranatha Christian Academy
- Public School
- Lusacan Central Elementary School
- Del Rosario Elementary School
- Lagalag Elementary School
- Hilirang Buli Elementary School
- Tiaong East Elementary School
- Claro M. Recto Memorial Central School
- Private School
- St. John Parochial School
- Don Ysidro Memorial School
- Gaudete Study Center Inc.
- Public High School
- Recto Memorial National High School
- Recto Memorial National High School Annex
- Lusacan National High School
- Cabay National High School
- Gloria Umali National High School
- Paiisa National High School
- Talisay National High School
- Public Schools
- Private Schools:
- Asian Institute of Technology and Education
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Quezon". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An Act Creating the Barrio of Matipunso in the Municipality of Tiaong, Province of Quezon". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "An Act Creating the Barrio of Behia in the Municipality of Tiaong, Province of Quezon". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "An Act Creating the Barrio of Bucal in the Municipality of Tiaong, Province of Quezon". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Quezon". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tiaong.|