Tony Tan Caktiong
|Tony Tan Caktiong|
Caktiong in January 2016
Tony Tan Caktiong|
January 5, 1953
Davao del Sur, Philippines
|Education||Chiang Kai Shek College|
|Alma mater||University of Santo Tomas|
|Known for||Double Dragon Properties, Corp.|
|Net worth||US$3.3 billion (September 2018)|
|Spouse(s)||Grace A. Tan Caktiong|
Tony Tan Caktiong (simplified Chinese: 陈觉中; traditional Chinese: 陳覺中; pinyin: Chén Juézhōng; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Tân Kak-tiong; born January 5, 1953) is a Filipino entrepreneur. He is the founder and chairman of Jollibee Foods Corporation and the co-chairman of DoubleDragon Properties.
Early career and education
Tan was born to Chinese immigrant parents from Fujian. He attended high school at Chiang Kai Shek College and graduated from the University of Santo Tomas with a degree in chemical engineering. Tan had initially planned an ice cream parlor when he founded Jollibee, then added dishes such as hamburgers, french fries, and fried chicken.
Jollibee Foods Corporation
Tan founded the fast food chain Jollibee in 1978, after having started it as an ice cream parlor in 1975. Through expansion and acquisitions of Greenwich Pizza  Corp. which enabled it to enter the pizza-pasta segment. In early 2006, Jollibee Foods Corporation bought out the remaining shares of its partners in Greenwich Pizza Corporation, equivalent to a 20% stake, for P384 million in cash. As of August 2008, Tan's Jollibee has a total of 1,480 stores worldwide including Jollibee, Red Ribbon, Chowking, Greenwich, Manong Pepe's and Mang Inasal.
In 2012, Tan, through his holding company, Honeystar Holdings Corporation, invested in Injap Land Corporation, a property company founded by Edgar Sia II. With Tan's entry, the company was renamed DoubleDragon Properties Corporation.
- Entrepreneur Of The Year Philippines, 2004
- Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year World, 2004
- Gawad Mabini with the rank of Commander (Dakilang Kasugo), 2016
- "Tony Tan Caktiong: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg webpage. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- "Board of Directors". Double Dragon Properties, Corp. webpage. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- "Tony Tan Caktiong & family". Forbes online. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- Go, Josiah (2001). Fundamentals of Marketing: In The Philippine Setting. Quezon City, Philippines: Design Plus. pp. 1–2. ISBN 971-91860-5-4.
- Ordinario, Cai U. (2006-01-18). "Jollibee Foods buys out partner in Greenwich Pizza". BUSINESS. The Manila Times Internet Edition. Archived from the original on 2007-06-21. Retrieved 2007-03-12.
- "Restaurant chain trains staff, bags corporate social responsibility award". Cebu. Sun.Star Publishing, Inc.
- Arcibal, Cheryl M. "Jollibee group buys out partner in Delifrance". BUSINESS. The Manila Times Internet Edition ss/20061111bus4.html.
- "Philippine fast-food giant acquires China chain". Afp.google.com. 2007-09-20. Archived from the original on 2013-06-25. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Jollibee to acquire entire stake in China-based restaurant". GMA News. 2008-08-26. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Jollibee owner ventures into property dev't". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- Food industry giant founder is Philippines' first Entrepreneur Of The Year Archived February 20, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
|This business-related biographical article from the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|