- 1 Image use
- 2 As an editor of the Propellant article
- 3 Example
- 4 Request for comment
- 5 Hungarian Turanism article and User:Maghasito
- 6 Notice
- 7 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 8 Happy New Year, AliveFreeHappy!
- 9 WikiProject Computer Security user status
- 10 Extended confirmed protection
- 11 Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
- 12 A new user right for New Page Patrollers
- 13 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 14 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 15 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 16 Coming to an administrator for help
hello - I would like to request permission to use one of the creative commons images you've posted and inquire about accreditation. REF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Brass_223_Win.jpg . Im not sure this is the best place to do so but I was unable to find any sort of way to contact you directly. I can be reached at email@example.com — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:07, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
As an editor of the Propellant article
- FYI, you are not the only admin to have received this request and there are a couple of complicating issues. I have started a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/IncidentArchive832#Anonymous user requesting deletion of fully protected image about this request if you are interested in contributing. --Allen3 talk 22:26, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
Request for comment
Hello there, a proposal regarding pre-adminship review has been raised at Village pump by here is very much appreciated. Many thanks. Jim Carter through MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:46, 28 May 2014 (UTC). Your comments
Hungarian Turanism article and User:Maghasito
USer:Maghasito try to spread of pseudo science, the so-called Hungarian Turanism , which is now a politically motivated chauvinist pseudo-science from the 19th century and a core agenda of far right Jobbik party and ww2 nazi Arrow Cross Party . There are not a single contemporary scholar (academics university professors) linguistics, historian population geneticist on this planet, who support that fantasy theory. Wikikpedia is a free encyclopedia, however it is not the place of the popularization of pseudo-scientific politically-motivated fantastic nonsenses. The best option would be the permanent ban of Maghasito. Thank you!--Dosemark (talk) 10:20, 6 June 2014 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:17, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
Happy New Year, AliveFreeHappy!
WikiProject Computer Security user status
This is update is being done according to a request for comments on the WikiProject Computer Security talk page. Be sure to state your status at the User status section in the WikiProject Computer Security talk page before the end of four weeks as this will state your status as inactive in the project if not done before then.
Extended confirmed protection
Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
Please note that TOTP based two-factor authentication is now available for all administrators. In light of the recent compromised accounts, you are encouraged to add this additional layer of security to your account. It may be enabled on your preferences page in the "User profile" tab under the "Basic information" section. For basic instructions on how to enable two-factor authentication, please see the developing help page for additional information. Important: Be sure to record the two-factor authentication key and the single use keys. If you lose your two factor authentication and do not have the keys, it's possible that your account will not be recoverable. Furthermore, you are encouraged to utilize a unique password and two-factor authentication for the email account associated with your Wikimedia account. This measure will assist in safeguarding your account from malicious password resets. Comments, questions, and concerns may be directed to the thread on the administrators' noticeboard. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:33, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
A new user right for New Page Patrollers
A new user group, New Page Reviewer, has been created in a move to greatly improve the standard of new page patrolling. The user right can be granted by any admin at PERM. It is highly recommended that admins look beyond the simple numerical threshold and satisfy themselves that the candidates have the required skills of communication and an advanced knowledge of notability and deletion. Admins are automatically included in this user right.
It is anticipated that this user right will significantly reduce the work load of admins who patrol the performance of the patrollers. However,due to the complexity of the rollout, some rights may have been accorded that may later need to be withdrawn, so some help will still be needed to some extent when discovering wrongly applied deletion tags or inappropriate pages that escape the attention of less experienced reviewers, and above all, hasty and bitey tagging for maintenance. User warnings are available here but very often a friendly custom message works best.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:36, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Coming to an administrator for help
Hi, I am an editor who makes a lot of contributions to Wikipedia. I am have some dispute with an another editor and I would like to ask for your assistance since I like your name and think it would be good to come to you for help, can you please help me?