|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Conversations are archived manually|
This Archive Page goes from 1/9/2007 to 31/9/2007 (dd/mm/yyyy)
Previous conversations prior to 1 September 2007 (UTC) are archived there.
- 1 No Title
- 2 Re: September 2007
- 3 RCTC deletion...
- 4 About Image:China Airlines B-18616 fire.jpg
- 5 Wikipedia Weekly Episode 28
- 6 Re: Rock to It
- 7 hi
- 8 Richard William Enraght article
- 9 Thank You
- 10 User talk:Archivingkitten
- 11 22.214.171.124 hardblocked again
- 12 Blackbeard vandal
- 13 NYC JD
- 14 zalgt
- 15 User talk:Tazmaniacs
- 16 the user I blocked
- 17 uh, Lucasbfr, let me guess, you are a teen, and you have never heard of Facebook?
- 18 User IP 126.96.36.199
- 19 Walk t'plank!
- 20 John McMullen (broadcaster)
- 21 Thanks
- 22 User:Stco23
- 23 Speedy deletion
- 24 Grenville College
- 25 re: Beauty and the Beast songs
- 26 William cormier
- 27 Tagging Sheila (singer) image for deletion
- 28 Sheila image follow-up
- 29 Wikipedia Weekly Episode 31
- 30 List of Libraries in the London Borough of Waltham Forest
- 31 Request to userfy article
- Provide me a link to the article or I can't do anything to help you. -- lucasbfr talk 15:12, 1 September 2007 (UTC)
Re: September 2007
Thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia. It appears that recently you carried out a copy and paste page move from Pitfight Team. Please do not move articles by copying and pasting them because it splits the article's history, which is needed for attribution and is helpful in many other ways. If there is an article that you cannot move yourself using the move link at the top of the page, follow the instructions at Wikipedia:Requested moves. Also, if there are any other articles that you copied and pasted, even if it was a long time ago, please list them at Wikipedia:Cut and paste move repair holding pen. Thank you. -- lucasbfr talk 15:45, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
- I see what's wrong with this. Is there any method that I could use to fix this now?
Unak78 10:59, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, The Pit is the correct title. Unak78 11:28, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
ummm is there a reason you deleted River City Theatre Company? It's a theatre company in Sacramento started by broadway performer and movie actor Ron Cisneros......put it back please....
- Show me anything that might address the concerns written in the prod: "The article lacks any verification of notability in reliable, published sources" and I'll put it back. -- lucasbfr talk 18:09, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
- Personnally I don't think it is notable enough to be inclided, per WP:CORP. I restored the article and will probably send it to AfD later on if the article is not improved. -- lucasbfr talk 07:58, 5 September 2007 (UTC)
Hello, I put up a disputed template as we cannot proof that Runner301 on en wikipedia is the one Thomas Mitchell. Therefore, the permission is uncertain. At that time, using the template is the best way to alert the users, but, do you think it is nominate the image for deletion? If so, could you mind give me a hand? As I have no time to do it. Thank you very much. Chanueting 06:54, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 08:16, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
Wikipedia Weekly Episode 28
Re: Rock to It
Hi, Ok i'm sorry i didnt know that CSD didnt cover hoaxes. I will be sure to use AfD or PROD in the future. --14:22, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 18:45, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
Richard William Enraght article
Good evening Lucasbfr, I keep trying to upload a photograph, I was given (no copyright on the photo Holy Trinity, Bordesley) by its author to use on the Richard Enraght page, it has been a long time since I last uploaded any photograph, and the "upload" page looks different to what I have seen before, I think I keep pressing the wrong license buttons, which one should I select Dave —Preceding unsigned comment added by Daveportslade (talk • contribs) 19:32, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
Thank you, for link, I think I have sorted out the problem now, Dave daveportslade 19:49, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for creating me an account.Metalist310 01:54, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
188.8.131.52 hardblocked again
I've made it a hard block again, because Judd Bagley or a minion was right back again using it. Also, looking through all contribs (including deleted ones), I can see lots of usernames through the IP, but most or all are Bagley/overstock.com - David Gerard 12:27, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
Hi, this user asked for an unblock review. Personally, considering the fact that he tried to engage the discussion via his edit summaries, I think that the block here may be a bit harsh. -- lucasbfr talk 21:03, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- First, regarding his claim that he only made three reverts... that's not true. There were one (18:35, 12 Sep), two, three, and four (00:18, 13 Sep) reverts within a span of six hours.
- "Personally, considering the fact that he tried to engage the discussion via his edit summaries..." Please don't tell me you're serious. Via his edit summaries? That's not discussion. In fact, his use of edit summaries instead of the talk page is clear evidence of inflaming an edit war. If he had engaged in discussion in the appropriate location, the talk page, I might be a bit more understanding. But discussion in edit summaries is not discussion at all, but instead is a sign that said user is not interested in engaging in any sort of real discussion. -- tariqabjotu 22:52, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
the user I blocked
Yes, it's fine for him to be given a second chance. I have to leave the computer now, but User:Philippe, who also asked about this, may be unblocking him now and mentoring him. Academic Challenger 00:23, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
uh, Lucasbfr, let me guess, you are a teen, and you have never heard of Facebook?
- Excuse me, you chose to delete a Wikipedia entry for the term "faceosphere"? Let me guess, you have never heard of Facebook, so you cannott begin to understand it's (growing)importance. And, as an unpaid Wikipedia volunteer, you like to run around deleting things, it gives you a sense of importance. (let me guess, your paid job is working at the local Dairy Queen? Not managing it, that would be far beyond your reach).
- Can you pass this along to your supervisor, I'd like to explain to them that you deleted faceosphere.
Markmayhew 02:20, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 06:26, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
User IP 184.108.40.206
This particular IP is a shared user IP through a government server. I know this because after trying to edit before signing in I realized where and why it had been banned. I have a User name dating back to 2005, so I'm not worried about editing, however the ban man have been a bit harsh without prior warning. But I'm not an administrator, so I'll leave that up to you. I'd also like to inquire if you know any sort of disclaimer about it being a shared IP as I've seen those on other sites?
- Replied on this user's talk page - 06:27, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
|Happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day!|
John McMullen (broadcaster)
I noticed where you PROD'd the article on John McMullen (broadcaster) and referred to a January deletion of him as non-notable. The January deletion was of (from what I saw) the article on the bishop named John McMullen, not the broadcaster. Could you undelete the PROD'd article? Thanks in advance! --Ssbohio 19:33, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 19:47, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for writing me back concerning the IP block issue. As it stands the computer from which the IP address originates is shared by myself and about 4 other people. I'm in no position to find out who was vandalizing, however. If I hear anything from my co-workers I will remind them not to play around on this site. --Coffee and TV 21:15, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
After reviewing the user's unblock request, I've reduced his indefinite block to a week and given him a final warning. Yes, what he said was unacceptable, but it was a first offence, and I think a poor understanding of fair use possibly led to frustration (that's a reason, but not an excuse). Hope this is okay with you. Neil ム 09:49, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
- Thank You. You blocked me from finishing my message to Ryulong to reconsider the article the other day and I almost quit, because I was so upset when to did that. I did go too far with DarkFalls and almost Ryulong that I did not know that I was going to blocked by you. I did not know that rule has been around for a long time, so I took pictures of my DVD's and uploaded them to wikipedia. I have five pictures that I did with my camera still on wikipedia on articles. Up until my block, I been upset for quite sometime. I was upset that I had to resize the transformers DVD photos and someone else did it and got his word so I put them up for deletion because I did not like the size, I thought the size were not like DVD covers, Then I put LTGC Vol. 4 up for deletion, because DarkFalls changed my picture and put in another picture on that page and got rid on mine. I did not want my two photos to go away, but I had no choice, DarkFalls already took off one photo, I took off the other. Sometime in the night time I put in new article and uploaded low res photo from amazon.com and got upset when Ryulong deleted my articles. Before I finished my message with Ryulong, you blocked me and later DarkFalls deleted my low res photos. I been uploading since April 2006. I know you did the right thing with blocking me, I was out of control and was upset about this rule for quite sometime. Do you think I can still become an administrator or do you think I will never be an administrator now because of my first blocking. Thanks for unblocking me and I hope I can recover and not lose my temper again, because if I do and talk to people on wikipedia that is unacceptable I will be blocked again. Bye.--Stco23 21:53, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 22:08, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
- What do you mean by don't aim for adminship. I will apply for adminship someday but not right away, because I would be declined. These is just a question and this is not a threat. Thank You.--Stco23 22:25, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 12:05, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 10:40, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 10:38, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
re: Beauty and the Beast songs
You know, I tried to get input on what to do about them but A7 was the best I could come up with. I haven't been very active on WP over the summer so I'm afraid I'm a little rusty on procedure for this particular situation. I should have looked harder before A7ing the bunch of them. Thanks for the tip and for the redirects you did on these pages. I appreciate it. --Pigman 19:50, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
I nominated this page for SD because it is the first article of a double redirect. Type it in (William cormier) and you get a redirect page. I am not sure why you didn't delete it. Can you please tell me why? Please reply on my talk page. Thanks - Rjd0060 22:08, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 22:26, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks. I am not the one who created the page, but I just went through and fixed the capital letters. I see that you PROD'd it, which I would have done if I actually looked at the article earlier. Thanks again. - Rjd0060 23:07, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
Tagging Sheila (singer) image for deletion
Hi there, Lucasbfr,
I'm curious why the image for Sheila (singer) would be tagged for deletion. It would seem to me to qualify for fair use under the guidelines provided by Wikipedia. (For an example, see the justification and text under La Belle Epoque (band).)
I'm new to Wikipedia, so I may be missing a point here. Perhaps the image simply needs to be tagged for fair use, as illustrative of an album cover, e.g., while a copyright-free image is sought.
What do you think?
Thanks for your insights.
Bayonett 12:06, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 12:17, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
Sheila image follow-up
Hi again, Lucasbfr,
Many thanks for the explanation. I see your point and agree with your well-thought-out reasoning. Thanks for taking the time to answer my query.
Bayonett 07:58, 26 September 2007 (UTC)
Wikipedia Weekly Episode 31
List of Libraries in the London Borough of Waltham Forest
You deleted this article, after a discussion which I did not notice and am unable to find archived, stating that it was a "trivial list of 10 local libraries, not a single one of them with articles in WP". However, this article, which was linked from other pages, also had details of the local campaign to reverse the closure of one local library. At least, it did have this information when I added it in June; if it had been removed by the time of the deletion, this was vandalism. So I do not accept that this was simply a trivial list; and the details of St James Street Library were in this article itself, rather than elsewhere. I request that you undelete the article, and restore the links to other pages. Thanks. RolandR 14:12, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
- Replied on this user's talk page - 18:59, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
Request to userfy article
Can I ask you to please restore the article Bloomfield Cemetery, Bloomfield as a user page, in advance of recreation of the article. Regardless of the claimed precedent at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/North Church Cemetery, Hardyston, subsequent consensus is clear that such cemeteries are notable, nor would a single AfD establish a precedent that in any way justifies speedy deletion of any and all articles with a vaguely similar character. See Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of burials at Bayview Cemetery, Jersey City for an excellent counterexample, among many others. Alansohn 22:12, 30 September 2007 (UTC)