Thibus at the French Fencing Championship 2013
22 August 1991 |
Les Abymes, Guadeloupe
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||56 kg (123 lb)|
Ysaora Thibus (born 22 August 1991) is a French foil fencer. She won a silver medal in team foil at the 2012 European Fencing Championships in Legnano, Italy and a bronze medal in individual foil at the 2013 European Fencing Championships in Zagreb.
Thibus represented France at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, where she competed in two foil events. For her first event, women's individual foil, Thibus defeated Russia's Inna Deriglazova in the preliminary round of thirty-two, before losing out her next match to Japan's Kanae Ikehata, with a final score of 11–15. Five days later, she joined with fellow fencers and teammates Anita Blaze, Corinne Maîtrejean, and Astrid Guyart for the women's team foil. Thibus and her team, however, lost the bronze medal match to the South Korean team (led by Nam Hyun-Hee), with a total score of 32 touches.
- "Ysaora Thibus". London 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Ysaora Thibus". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Championnats d'Europe: Les fleurettistes françaises en argent" [European Championships: French foil fencers win silver] (in French). RMC Sport. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Women's Individual Foil Round of 16". London 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Women's Team Foil Bronze Medal Match". London 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Profile – FIE
- Profile – French Olympic Committee (in French)
- EuroFencing Profile
- NBC Olympics Profile
|This biographical article related to a French fencer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|