|Part of a series on|
|Jews and Judaism|
Avraham Ben-Raḥamiël Qanaï is a the leader of the Congregation Oraḥ Ṣaddiqim in Albany, New York, and a proponent of Karaite Judaism in the United States. He is considered a Ḥakham in the Karaite Jewish community.
Qanaï practiced naturopathy and osteopathic manipulative medicine in Troy, New York. He is branch secretary of the James Connolly Upstate New York Regional GMB, Industrial Workers of the World of Albany, New York.
His father was named Raḥamiël Ben-Yosef Bölekçan. Qanaï's studied with several Karaite scholars, including ‘Immanu’el Ben-Mosheh Mass‘ouda, David Yerushalmi, Ḥayyim Levi, Eliyahu Marzouq, Mosheh Dabbaḥ, Yosef El-Gamil, and Zekharyah Raḥamim Levi. It was ‘Immanu’el that bestowed the title of Ḥakham upon Qanaï.
Ḥakham Qanaï has intensively promoted Karaite scholarship. He is a co-author of the book An Introduction to Karaite Judaism: History, Theology, Practice and Custom, which discusses modern Karaite Judaism.
- "Congregation Orah Saddiqim". ABC-Directory.Com. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- Stephen Barrett, M.D. "The National Academy of Research Biochemists". Quackwatch. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
- "The James Connolly Upstate New York Regional General Membership Branch of the INDUSTRIAL WORKERS of the WORLD". The James Connolly Upstate New York Regional General Membership Branch Industrial Workers of the World. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
- "Ben-Yosef Bölekçan, father of Ḥakham Avraham Ben-Raḥamiël Qanaï, passed away on Wednesday, 22 August 2007". Karaite Jewish Congregation Oraḥ Ṣaddiqim. Retrieved January 3, 2010.[dead link]
- An Introduction to Karaite Judaism: History, Theology, Practice, and Culture (Hardcover). Qirqisani Center. January 30, 2003. ISBN 0-9700775-4-8. "The first introduction to Karaite history, practice, thought, and custom in the English language"