Bramalea GO Station
|Address||1713 Steeles Avenue
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Station code||GO Transit: BLGO|
Bramalea GO Station is a GO Transit railway and bus station along the Kitchener line in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. It is located at 1713 Steeles Avenue East, near the community of Bramalea at Steeles Ave. East and Bramalea Road.
Like many other stations on the GO Train network, Bramalea is equipped with parking facilities, elevators for wheelchair access, a station building housing a waiting room and ticket sales, a Ticket Vending Machine, and a bus loop.
In addition to the train service during the weekdays, it also features some train-bus services to/from Union Station and a frequent Highway 407 bus serving York University's (Keele Campus), Square One, Mississauga, Sheridan College (Trafalgar Campus) Oakville, McMaster University, and Hamilton.
Bramalea was previously the western terminus of all-day weekday train service to/from Union Station on the Georgetown line. Midday service was suspended to facilitate construction on the line.
Since midday train service on the Georgetown corridor was first launched in May 2002, GO Transit have hired various contractors to improve the station. First, the station was made wheelchair-accessible by building an additional pedestrian tunnel and a pair of elevators, completed in January 2003. In August of that year, construction began of a new rail platform which was required in order to provide for all-day train service for the station, as the station is located on a busy railway corridor used by Canadian National Railways freight trains bypassing Toronto.
To accommodate future increases in ridership, a new 650-space parking lot was opened in June 2005 on the south side of the tracks. GO Transit had also constructed a bus garage at the north-east corner by Steeles Avenue and Bramalea Road. The garage was subsequently removed and replaced with much-needed additional parking spaces in November 2011.
- Bus bay assignments
- 1 - GO Bus eastbound to Yorkdale/York Mills
- 2 - GO Bus eastbound Express to Yorkdale, York Mills and Toronto-Union Bus Terminals
- 3 - GO Bus westbound to Oakville and Hamilton
- 4 - GO Bus eastbound service to York University
- 5 - GO Bus 32 service: eastbound to Yonge and Sheppard, northbound to Bramalea/Trinity Common/Bovaird
- 6 - GO Bus northbound to Bramalea/Brampton
- 7 - Brampton Transit 15 Bramalea (southbound to Derry Road)
- 8 - Brampton Transit 92 Bramalea GO Shuttle
- 9 - Brampton Transit 13 Avondale, 16 Southgate
- 10 - Brampton Transit 15 Bramalea (northbound to Father Tobin Rd, 15A Bramalea (northbound to Brampton Civic Hospital)
- 11 - GO Bus westbound to Brampton/Georgetown/Guelph/University of Guelph
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2014)|
Media related to Bramalea GO Station at Wikimedia Commons