||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
|Birth name||Kevin William Crompton|
|Also known as||cEvin Key, Kenny King, Scaremeister|
|Born||February 13, 1961|
|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Occupations||Musician, composer, producer, multi-instrumentalist|
|Instruments||Drums, vocals, guitar, bass guitar, synthesizers, violin|
|Associated acts||Skinny Puppy
Images In Vogue
cEvin Key (born Kevin William Crompton, February 13, 1961) is a Canadian musician and founding member of the industrial music band Skinny Puppy. In addition to his work with Skinny Puppy, Key has had several side projects, including Doubting Thomas, Cyberaktif, and Hilt. He was also at one point a drummer and song-writer for synthpop group, Images in Vogue. After Skinny Puppy disbanded in 1995, Key's main project was electronic noise group Download, as well as some solo releases. He also embarked on a side project with Phil Western, PlatEAU, and continued his project Tear Garden with the assistance of the Legendary Pink Dots for new material released in the mid-to-late '90s. These post 1995 projects continue to this day.[when?] Key is the sole owner and operator of Subconscious Communications, "a California-based records label, musician collective, remix team, 32-track digital studio and analogue synthesizer collection".
- Reed, S. Alexander (2013-07-11). Assimilate: A Critical History of Industrial Music. Oxford University Press. pp. 172–. ISBN 9780199832606. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- Subconscious Communications, the official cEvin Key web site
- Scaremeister, a scoring & remix team based out of Subconscious Studios
- cEvin Key discography at Discogs.com
- cEvin Key at Last.fm
- Interview at Billboard Magazine