Gwenview in KDE SC 4
|Original author(s)||Aurélien Gâteau|
|Stable release||4.11.3 (5 November 2013[±])|
|Written in||C++ (Qt, KDELibs)|
Gwenview is an image viewer for the KDE Software Compilation desktop environment. The current maintainer is Aurélien Gâteau. The word "Gwen" means "white" in the Breton language and is commonly used as a first name. While it was available in K Desktop Environment 3, the KDE SC 4 version has a simplified user interface, making it more suitable for quickly browsing through collection of images. Gwenview is also used to display images. It provides a full-screen interface that can be used to display images as a slide-show.
Major features include:
- Directory browser
- Image, SVG and video support
- Easy to use interface
- Metadata comment editor
- Thumbnail image view of current directory
- Import images from external storage
- Use of KIPI (KDE Image Plugins Interface) plugins for manipulating images
- Filtering based on file type, file name pattern, and date.
- Share images to social networking sites
- "KDE Ships November Updates to Plasma Workspaces, Applications and Platform". KDE. November 5, 2013. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- Aurélien Gâteau (2012-12-04), Changes in Gwenview for KDE SC 4.10, agateau.com
- Chris von Eitzen (2012-01-25), KDE SC 4.8 arrives with enhanced power management, The H
- Chris von Eitzen (2011-01-27), KDE SC 4.6 final released, The H