Kdenlive 0.9.6 running in KDE SC 4.
|Stable release||0.9.8 / May 15, 2014|
|Written in||C++ (Qt, KDELibs)|
|Operating system||FreeBSD, Linux, Mac OS X|
Kdenlive (KDE Non-Linear Video Editor) // is an open-source video editing software package based on the MLT Framework, which focuses on flexibility and ease of use. The project was initially started by Jason Wood in 2002, and is now maintained by a small team of developers.
Kdenlive supports all of the formats supported by FFmpeg (such as QuickTime, AVI, WMV, MPEG, and Flash Video), and also supports 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios for both PAL, NTSC and various HD standards, including HDV and AVCHD. Video can also be exported to DV devices, or written to a DVD with chapters and a simple menu.
Some features included in version 0.7 comprise: interface based on KDE's Oxygen style, capture from FireWire cameras, webcams and Video4Linux devices, grab video from the user's screen (screen capture), support for jog shuttle devices, independent rendering processes, interactive timeline operations, high definition editing, lossless formats and clip organization / location tools.
Audio effects include normalization, phase and pitch shifting, limiting, volume adjustment, reverb and equalization filters amongst others.
Video effects include options for masking, blue-screen, distortions, rotations, colour tools, blurring, obscuring and others.
Kdenlive also provides a script called the Kdenlive Builder Wizard (KBW) that compiles the latest developer version of the software and its main dependencies from source, to allow users to try to test new features and report problems on the bug tracker.
- "Ohloh Analysis Summary - Kdenlive". Ohloh. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- Smart, Christopher (July 9, 2009). "Kdenlive: A Video Editor in the Spotlight". Linux Magazine. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Sawyer, Dan (March 1, 2008). "Multitrack Video Editor Roundup". Linux Journal. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Kdenlive Website
- Česky. "Kdenlive/What Kdenlive is - Wikibooks, open books for an open world". En.wikibooks.org. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- "KDE Commit-Digest - 12th October 2008". Commit-digest.org. 2008-10-12. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- [dead link]
- "Kdenlive Builder Wizard". Kde-apps.org. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kdenlive.|