The Intelsat 901 was the first of 9 new Intelsat satellites launched in June 2001 at 342°E. The IS-901 provides Ku-band spot beam coverage for Europe as well as C-band coverage for the Atlantic Ocean Region. With advanced features like selectable split uplink for SNG, the IS-901 is tailored for today’s communications demands, such as DTH and Internet.
- More Power – The IS-901 is designed to provide an increase of up to 5 dB for downlink e.i.r.p.and up to 1.8 dB for G/T over the IS-VII satellites.
- Greater Capacity – With a total of up to 72 C-band 36 MHz equivalent unit transponders, the IS-901 will provide 71% more capacity over our previous satelliteat 342°E.
- Enhanced Coverage – IS-901 provides significantly expanded zone coverage. The Ku-band spot beamsalso include more area within each.
- Total Transponders: Ku-Band: up to 22 (in equiv. 36 MHz units)
- Polarization: Ku-Band:Linear - Horizontal or Vertical
- Uplink Frequency: Ku-Band:14.00 to 14.50 GHz
- Downlink Frequency: Ku-Band: 10.95 to 11.20 GHz and 11.45 to 11.70 GHz
- G/T (Ku-Band) (Beam Peak): Spot 1:up to +9.0 dB/K Spot 2:up to +9.0 dB/K
- SFD Range (Beam Edge): Ku-Band:-87.0 to -69.0 dBW/m²