Jindal Global Law School
|Jindal Global Law School|
|Chancellor||Mr. Naveen Jindal|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. C. Raj Kumar|
|Location||Sonipat, Haryana, India|
|Campus||60-acre state of the art residential Campus|
|Affiliations||O. P. Jindal Global University, Bar Council of India|
O.P. Jindal Global University is a non-profit university established by the Haryana Private Universities (Second Amendment) Act, 2009 at Sonipat, Haryana (NCR of Delhi). JGU and JGLS are recognised by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and University Grants Commission (UGC).
Jindal Global Law School (JGLS), India’s first global law school is situated on a 60-acre state of the art residential JGU campus. The vision of JGU is to promote global courses, global programmes, global curriculum, global research, global collaborations, and global interaction through a global faculty. In the academic year 2012-13, JGLS offers a five-year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) programme; a three year LL.B. programme and an LL.M. programme. The LL.M. programme of JGLS is offered for law graduates, corporate lawyers, legal practitioners, civil servants, diplomats and judges with three options for specialisation.
Five Year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Programme
Three Year LL.B. Programme
- LL.M. in International Trade Law
- LL.M. in Corporate and Financial Law
- LL.M. in Intellectual Property Rights
Study Law at JGLS offers
- Global curriculum and pedagogy
- Internationally qualified teaching and research faculty
- Internationally benchmarked quality assurance systems
- Law library with extensive electronic databases
- International student and faculty exchange programmes
- Globally networked career development and placement division
- Green campus with modern halls of residence
Research Centres and Publication
As India’s first global and research driven law school, JGLS has established the following research centres in cutting edge legal and policy areas. Publications of the bi-annual journal Jindal Global Law Review represents JGLS commitment to a research-intensive environment. Students can be involved in one or more of the following research centres:
- Centre for Global Corporate and Financial Law and Policy (Joint Centre established with Michigan Law School)
- Centre for Penology, Criminal Justice and Police Studies
- Centre for Human Rights Studies
- Centre for International Trade and Economic Laws
- Centre for Global Governance and Policy
- Centre on Public Law and Jurisprudence
- Centre for Health Law, Ethics and Technology
- Centre for Women, Law and Social Change
- Centre for Intellectual Property Rights Studies
- Centre for Environment and Climate Change
- Centre for South Asian Legal Studies
- Centre for International Legal Studies
- Centre for Victimology and Psychological Studies
LSAT—India Admission Test
Students for admission to the five-year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), three year LL.B. and two year LL.M. programmes at JGLS will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Law School Admission Test—India (LSAT—India). LSAT—India is an entrance test designed by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), USA and is conducted by Pearson VUE, LSAC’s affiliate in India. The test will be in a multiple choice format and covers logical reasoning, analytical reasoning and reading comprehension. A sample test is available on the LSAT—India website - www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia.
LSAT—India Test Centres
Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Raipur, Ranchi, Kochi.
Two Step Application Process
- Register online for the LSAT—India entrance test by logging on to www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia. The LSAT—India registration fee is Rs. 3500/-; the fee can be paid online or by Demand Draft. For candidates who want to take the LSAT—India at Pearson VUE overseas test centres, the registration fee is US$ 150.
- Apply to JGLS on the prescribed JGU/JGLS application form by giving a demand draft of Rs. 1000/- in favour of
O.P. Jindal Global University, payable at Sonepat or by making payment online. For overseas candidates the application fee will be US$ 30. An online JGU/JGLS application is available on the website - www.jgls.edu.in
O.P. Jindal Outstanding Merit Scholarships
The top five LSAT—India test scorers who enroll in the three year LL.B. programme, five-year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) programme, and the two year LL.M. programme will be awarded the O.P. Jindal Outstanding Merit Scholarship of Rs. 1 lakh each. This will be based solely on their performance in the LSAT—India admission test.
Naveen Jindal Young Global Scholarships
The aim of the scholarship is to nurture, encourage and support young global leaders. One student from the three year LL.B. programme, one student from the five-year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) programme, and another student from the two year LL.M. programme will be awarded this scholarship on the basis of an independent selection process. An award of Rs. 5 lakhs will be given to each student.
Shallu Jindal Outstanding Women Scholarships
The aim of the scholarship is to nurture, encourage and support outstanding women to enter the field of law. Two students from the three year LL.B. programme, two students from the five-year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), and two students from the two year LL.M. programme will be awarded this scholarship on the basis of an independent selection process. An award of Rs. 2 lakhs will be given to each student.
Detailed information relating to scholarships, fellowships and fee concessions is available in the website www.jgu.edu.in Students who qualify under Haryana domicile category may be eligible for full or partial fee concession.
JGU has established tie-ups with HDFC Bank, Credila, Axis Bank and Punjab National Bank (PNB) to facilitate education loans to students who are admitted at JGU.