List of Royal Warrant holders of the British Royal Family
British Royal Warrants are currently granted by Queen Elizabeth II, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales to companies or tradespeople who supply goods and services. The warrant enables the supplier to advertise the fact that they supply to the royal family. Royal Warrants are only awarded to tradesmen. The professions, employment agencies, party planners, the media, government departments, and "places of refreshment or entertainment" (such as pubs and theatres) do not qualify. The Merchandise Marks Act 1887 makes it illegal for companies to falsely claim that they have a Royal Warrant.
HM the Queen has granted 686 Royal Warrants.
HRH the Prince of Wales has granted 159 Royal Warrants.
HRH the Duke of Edinburgh has granted 38 Royal Warrants.
Partial table of current warrants
|Company||Grantor||Trade||Legend on the warrant||Date of warrant*||Established||Reference|
|Abels Moving Services Ltd||HM the Queen||Removals and storage services||Removals and Storage Services||1989||1958|||
|Anthony Buckley & Constantine Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Photographers||Photographer||2005||1951|||
|Aquadition Ltd||HM the Queen||Water Treatment Services||Water Treatment Services||2009||1972|||
|Artistic Iron Products Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Transportation and vehicles||Carriage Builder||1979||1962|||
|Aston Martin||HRH the Prince of Wales||Transportation and vehicles||Motor Car Manufacturer and Repairer||1982||1913|||
|Austin Reed Group Ltd||HM the Queen, HRH the Prince of Wales||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Outfitters||1994||1900|||
|Autoscan Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Stationery, printing and calligraphy||Manufacturers of Power Filing Systems||1973||1967|||
|Berry Brothers & Rudd||HM the Queen, HRH the Prince of Wales||Wine and Spirits||Wine & Spirits Merchants||1903||1698|||
|Blossom & Browne's Sycamore||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Household goods and cleaning||Launderers and Dry Cleaners||1997||1888|||
|Boots Opticians||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Opticians||Dispensing Opticians||1956||1750|||
|C. Brewers & Sons Ltd||HM the Queen||Decorators' Merchants||Decorators' Merchants||2011||1904|||
|Daks Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Outfitters||1956||1894|||
|Datacraft Design Limited||HM the Queen||Computers, software and office technology||Manufacturers and Suppliers of Space Management Software||2008||1994|||
|Ede & Ravenscroft Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Robe Makers||1689||1963|||
|Edward Goodyear Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Horticulture||Florist||1978||1879|||
|Firmin & Sons Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Manufacturer of Insignia, Buttons and Accessories||2005||1655|||
|Fisher & Donaldson||HM the Queen||Bread, Cakes and Confectionary||Bakers||2011||1919|||
|Frank Smythson Limited||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Stationery, printing and calligraphy||Supplier of Leathergoods||1964||1887|||
|Gieves & Hawkes Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Naval Tailors and Outfitters||1809||1771|||
|The Goring||HM the Queen||Hotel||Hospitality Services||2013||1910|||
|Hunter Boot Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Suppliers of Waterproof Footwear||1977||1856|||
|J Hewit & Sons Ltd||HM the Queen||Manufacturers of leather, bookbinding material retailer||Manufacturers of Leather||1975||1849?|||
|James Purdey & Sons Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Sports, hobbies and entertainment||Gun Makers||1868||1814|||
|John Lobb Ltd||HRH the Prince of Wales, HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Bootmakers||1956||1856|||
|Johns & Pegg||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Military Tailors||1956||1803|||
|Kent Haste Lachter Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Taylor||2010||1986|||
|Kinloch Anderson Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Tailors and Kiltmakers||1903||1868|||
|Lyle & Scott Limited||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Clothing, footwear and accessories||Manufacturers of Underwear and Knitwear||1975||1874|||
|McIlhenny Company||HM the Queen||Condiments||Supplier of Tabasco sauce||2009||1868|||
|Penhaligon's Ltd||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Cosmetics, health and beauty||Manufacturers of Toilet Requisites||1903||1860|||
|Peter Jones||HRH the Prince of Wales, HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Furnishings and linens||Draper and Furnisher||1987||1877|||
|Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.||HM the Queen, HRH the Duke of Edinburgh, HRH the prince of Wales||Electronics||Television and audio-visual equipment||2012||1938|||
|Spink & Son Ltd||HM the Queen, HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Medals and insignia||Medallists||1900||1666|||
|The General Trading Company (Mayfair) Ltd||HM the Queen, HRH the Prince of Wales, HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Fancy Goods||Suppliers of Fancy Goods||1963||1920|||
|Toye, Kenning & Spencer||HM the Queen||Gold and Silver Laces, Insignia and Embroidery||Suppliers of Gold and Silver Laces, Insignia and Embroidery||1956|||
|Truefitt & Hill||HRH the Duke of Edinburgh||Cosmetics, health and beauty||Hairdressers||1998||1805|||
|Universal Lighting Services Ltd||HM the Queen||Suppliers of Decorative Lighting||Lighting Suppliers||2009||1970|||
|Yardley of London||HM the Queen, HRH the Prince of Wales||Manufacturers of Toiletry Products||Manufacturers of Toiletry Products||1955||1770|||
- "The Royal Warrant Holders Association". www.royalwarrant.org. Archived from the original on 2008-04-02. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "The Merchandise Marks Act 1887". archive.org. p. 63. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- Abels Moving Services, by Appointment to HM the Queen
- Anthony Buckley & Constantine Limited – International Portrait Photographers, London and Hong Kong – By Royal Appointment
- Our History - Bennington Carriages
- Royal Warrant Search
- Men's Clothing, Suits and Shirts | New Season at Austin Reed
- Autoscan Limited | Automated Storage | Storage Carousels
- "History of Berry Bros. & Rudd".
- "About Blossom and Browne's Sycamore". www.blossomandbrowne.com. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- About Us
- "Brewers, by Royal Appointment to HM The Queen". www.brewers.com. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- "About us / DAKS History, Heritage, Timeline". www.daks.com. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- 300 Years of Ceremonial Dress & Forensic Wig Making - Ede & Ravenscroft
- "Firmin House - About Us". www.firminhouse.com. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- Fisher & Donaldson
- "From hats to handbags, the Royals buy only the best – and now you can too". The Daily Mail (London). 2008-05-05. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "The History of Gieves & Hawkes". www.gievesandhawkes.com. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Goring eNewsletter, January 2013". www.thegoring.com/. Retrieved 2013-05-22.
- "The Hunter Story « Hunter Life « Hunter Boots". www.hunter-boot.com. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "J Hewit & Sons Ltd - About Us". www.hewit.com. Retrieved 2013-07-15.
- "James Purdey and Sons – History of Purdey". www.purdey.com. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "History". www.johnlobbltd.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Davies & Son - Savile Row Tailor History". www.daviesandson.com. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "John Kent". Kent Haste Lachter. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "Royal Warrants". Kinloch Anderson. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "History – Company – Lyle & Scott". www.lyleandscott.com. Archived from the original on 2008-03-27. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Tabasco® Honored as Her Majesty's Hot Sauce". Avery Island, Louisiana: McIlhenny Company. 13 April 2009. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "- Penhaligons". www.penhaligons.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- Peter Jones
- "By Royal Appointment". Samsung. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "History of Spink: Dealers and Auctioneers in Coins, Medals, Stamps, Banknotes & Books since 1666". www.spink.com. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "The General Trading Company". www.generaltradingcompany.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Toye, Kenning & Spencer". www.toye.com. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Truefitt & Hill Home". www.truefittandhill.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Royal Warrant - Universal Lighting Services". www.universal-lighting.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- The Yardley London Story
- By Appointment: 150 Years of the Royal Warrant and Its Holders, Tim Heald, Queen Anne Publisher (2 Nov 1989), ISBN 0-356-17099-3