M1 (TV channel)
|This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (April 2011)|
|Launched||23 February 1957 (Test transmissions)
1 May 1957 (Official)
|Owned by||Magyar Televízió
|Picture format||PAL, 16:9 (576i, SDTV) and 16:9 (1080i, HDTV)|
|Formerly called||RTV (1957-1971)
m1 (2000-2002, 2005-2012)
|Analogue||Channel 41 (UHF)|
It is the most watched national channel in Hungary and its transmission receiving is 97%.
- 05:55 – Ma reggel (Morning-show, This morning in English)
- 10:25 – Család-barát (magazine, Family-friend in English)
- 17:30 - Ridikül (talk-show, Purse in English)
- 18:30 - A Következő! (Hungarian format of Next One!)
- 19:30 - Híradó (News)
- 20:05 - Sporthírek (Sport News)
- 20:10 - Időjárás (Weather Forecast)
- 20:20 - various: Kékfény (on Mondays: crime news, Bluelight in English); Legenda (on Mondays: music show, Legend in English); Egyszer volt, hol nem volt (on Wednesdays: American series, Once Upon a Time in English); Gyilkosság (on Wednesdays: American–Danish series, The Killing in English); FÁBRY (on every second Thursday - stand-up comedy show with Sándor Fábry); Poén Péntek (on Fridays: Hungarian parody show, Funny Friday in English); Életművész (on Fridays: Life Artist in English)
- 06:55 – Család-barát Hétvége (magazine, Family-friend weekend in English)
- 18:55 – A Lényeg (on Sundays: daily news, The Essence in English)
- 20:20 – various: A Dal (on Saturdays, only in February: The Hungarian National Final for the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest, The Song in English); Magyarország, szeretlek! (on Sundays: The Hungarian version of the Dutch I Love My Country)
Noon program block
During 1994-1997 there was a noon program block from 12:00 to 15:30. It is first program with clock before the program. It is entertainment programmes without advertisements.
During 1971-1989 there was a school program in daytime. This made startup come at 8am instead of 6pm. During weekend and summer and winter they started at 6pm with m2.
In 1989, school programming was replaced with morning programs from between 5:40am and 9:00am. It is closed at 11:00-15:30. Later, They put the information program at 11:00-12:00 and noon program at 12:00-15:30. So the programs will be at 5:40 to 23:25 or 2:00.
- Híradó, news programme
- Reggeli, breakfast programme
- Delta, science technology magazine
- Panorama, foreign affairs
- A Hét, weekly affairs programme
- Budapest Híradó, regional news programme
- Szomszédok, soap opera which ran until 30 December 1999.
- Délután!, entertainment afternoon program from 12:00 to 15:30 ran until 1997.
- Kinevezés és kinevezése (Appointment and appointment), Hungary's first sitcom (broadcasting between 1984 to 1987), broadcasting on Wednesday night at 23:15 to 23:45.
- Marslakók - an original Hungarian daily soap opera, UFOs From The Mars in English
- Szerencsekerék and Mindent Vagy Semmit!, Hungarian versions of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!