From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from March madness)
|Look up March Madness in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
March Madness may refer to:
- Events surrounding the single-elimination Division I college basketball tournaments performed each spring in the United States. The main tournaments involved are the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship and the NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Championship. The tournaments' nickname, "March Madness", originated in the 20th century and was later adopted by the media.
- NCAA March Madness, the branding currently used by CBS Sports and Turner Sports for their joint coverage of the Division I men's tournament.
- NCAA Basketball series (formerly March Madness series), an EA Sports college basketball video game series.
- Mega March Madness, a defunct pay-per-view television package covering the college basketball tournament, now replaced by NCAA March Madness
- Illinois High School Boys Basketball Championship, a single elimination high school basketball tournament.
- The month of the government of Canada's fiscal year end (March 31), when departments traditionally rush to spend the remainder of their budgets in order that they not experience budget reductions the next year. This usage was apparently the origin of the uses for basketball.
- The main part of the breeding season of the European hare.
- The Hill Times(subscription required)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title March Madness.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.