|Some or all of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (December 2014)|
Miss A in 2013.
From left to right: Jia, Min, Fei and Suzy.
|Also known as||Miss Asia, JYP Sisters|
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Labels||JYP Entertainment, Universal Music Group|
Miss A (미쓰에이), stylized as miss A, is a four member Korean-Chinese K-pop girl group based in South Korea. They were formed in 2010 and are managed by JYP Entertainment. The group consists of Fei, Jia, Min, and Suzy. Their group name stands for Miss Asia.
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Tours
- 6 Awards
- 7 Honorary ambassador
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Pre-debut: Early activities in China
Originally, the group consisted of five trainees who were formed by JYP Entertainment in 2010. While still in training, the group flew to China where they appeared in numerous variety shows performing dance routines and songs to showcase themselves to the Chinese audience. As the group had no official name, they were known to the Chinese audiences as JYP Sisters and the "Chinese Wonder Girls". However, the group went through several changes during this period; the withdrawal of two members and most notably the exit of member Lim who was re-grouped to join the Wonder Girls.
On March 2010, fifteen year old trainee Bae Suzy joined the group and the trio became known as 'Miss A'. Suzy has worked previously as a model for an online shopping mall. The group began their first official promotional activities in China as a group by signing up with the Samsung Electronics group in China. The group released a song used for the commercial called "Love Again" for the Samsung Beat Festival. The song was written by Korean composer Super Changddai, and the music video was directed by Hong Won Ki. Lee Min Young, a solo artist and a long-time trainee in America, also made a cameo appearance in the music video. She had auditioned when she was in the 6th grade, and she traveled to the U.S., where she trained for 6 years. She came back in 2008 to continue activities in Korea. During her time in New York, she studied at the Repertory Company High School in Manhattan. It was later announced that she would be joining the group under her stage name, Min, for their South Korean debut on April.
2010–11: Debut, A Class and Chinese debut
Miss A made their official debut in South Korea as a four-member group on July 1 with their single "Bad Girl Good Girl."  The song was taken from their debut single album Bad but Good. In less than a month, Miss A topped several music charts. Miss A received first place in the on KBS "Music Bank", becoming the fastest girl group to take the #1 spot on a music show.
The group also consequently got first place program Inkigayo from the SBS. On August 1, 2010, Miss A received their first "Mutizen" award on M.net's M! Countdown. The song stayed as the number 1 song for four straight weeks, breaking the previous record set by Girls' Generation.
The group later on made their comeback with their second single album called "Step Up" on September 26. The group promoted "Breathe" as the lead single for the single album and showed an "exotic and [...] doll-like transformation" that was completely different from their debut EP. The first performance was on "M! Countdown" on October 7. The group received first place on M! Countdown in the last week of October. The song also received first place on the melon chart.
Fei appeared in the music video of the song "I Only Love You" by Huh Gong. Jia appeared in M&D's music video for "Close Your Mouth". Min was a fixed student on KBS's variety show Oh! My School, also known as 100 Out of 100. She also starred in the movie Countdown as Jang Hyeon-ji. Suzy starred in Dream High as the main character Go Hye-mi.
In May 2011, Miss A released "Love Alone", a single from their unreleased album A Class. "Love Alone" was used as a promotional song for Kim Yuna's ice show, and Miss A performed the song at the opening of "All That Skate Spring 2011".
Miss A announced their comeback with their first full album called A Class, which was released digitally on July 18, 2011. A Class consists of a mix of previously released hits and four new tracks, including the single "Good Bye Baby". The album has 13 songs. They started promoting "Good Bye Baby" on July 21, 2011 on M.net's M! Countdown, followed by KBS's Music Bank, MBC's Show! Music Core, and SBS's Inkigayo. On the following week of promotions, they won all awards from the shows.
On September 30 of the same year, Miss A debuted in China with the release of a special edition of their first full album, containing a DVD with music videos, as well as Chinese versions of "Bad Girl Good Girl", "Breathe", "Goodbye Baby" and "Love Again". After the Chinese album release, it ranked #1 on several charts. "Good Bye Baby" ranked first on Taiwan's biggest music portal, ezPeer, and A Class topped their weekly Korea/Japan chart. On 'G-MUSIC', Miss A ranked #3.
2012: Touch and Independent Women Part III
Miss A announced their comeback in Korea with an EP called Touch, released on February 20, 2012. The first music video teaser for their song "Touch", which featured their youngest member, Suzy, was uploaded on their official YouTube channel on February 13. The second teaser, featuring their rapper, Jia, was released on February 14. The third teaser, featuring Fei, was released on February 15. The final music video teaser, featuring their fourth member, Min, was released on February 16. On February 19, 2012, the music video was uploaded to YouTube through Miss A's official channel and gained over one million views in one day.
Miss A's song Touch reached #1 on various Korean real-time music charts. Touch, both the song and the album, peaked at #2 on Gaon Chart Digital Singles and Physical Albums rankings for the 4th week of February.
Miss A started their promotions for Touch on February 23 on M.net's M! Countdown and on other music shows respectively. On February 29, Miss A won the Champion Song on MBC MUSIC's Show Champion with the song "Touch". On March 1, Touch also went to #1 on M.net M! Countdown. On March 4 they won Mutizen on SBS's Inkigayo with Touch. On March 7 Miss A won on jTBC Music On Top.
On March 22, popular Chinese video sharing site YinYueTai revealed Miss A's Chinese music video for "Touch". On March 23, Miss A released a Chinese version of the Touch album in Hong Kong and Taiwan. This album contains the Korean and Chinese version of "Touch" and also the music videos under the DVD version. After the release, "Touch" immediately topped Chinese online charts.
The group wrapped up their promotions for the album by performing "Over U", another song from the album, on each music program during their last week. Min was featured in B1A4's song "Just Two Of Us" for their album Ignition. Suzy was featured in "Before This Song Ends" for JJ Project's debut album Bounce. Suzy was confirmed for a role in the drama Big.
On October 7, 2012, Miss A released a teaser image with a quiz question on it, and that the answer would be given on October 15 at 12 o'clock. On October 8, Miss A announced their comeback with their fifth project album entitled Independent Women Pt.III. The following day, moving teaser images of Min and Fei were released, with excerpts of the song lyrics provided. The day after, Jia and Suzy's teaser images were released. On October 10, a video teaser featuring the entire group was released, all members dressed in male attire. Finally, the album was released on October 15. On October 16, Miss A were involved in a minor car accident. They were taken to a hospital, and their condition has yet to be revealed. They continued their schedules with only a few hours delay. They began their promotions for "I don't need a man" on October 18.
2013–2014: Solo activities and Hush
Fei starred in the celebrity edition of Master Chef Korea with Super Junior-M's Henry Lau, Dal Shabet's Jiyul, Tony An, Son Hoyoung, and many others. She was the runner up for the season behind Son Hoyoung. Fei also starred in the third season of the Korean version of Dancing With the Stars with MBLAQ's Seungho and became the first idol to win the competition. Lastly, she picked up an endorsement deal with casual apparel brand 'Connie Colin'. Min and BTOB's Minhyuk starred in 'Reckless Family 2′  while Suzy starred in MBC's drama, Gu Family Book, with Lee Seung Gi. Meanwhile, Jia attended numerous fashion shows and appeared in Let's Go Dream Team 2. She also proceeded to make her acting debut in the Chinese drama series "One and a Half Summer" along with label-mate Nichkhun of 2pm set to air the summer of 2014 and accompanied Ivy as her rapper on several of her comeback stages. In October, Miss A uploaded individual videos and later on a group video cheering on and supporting the LA Dodgers.
On October 29, 2013, it was confirmed that Miss A would be making their comeback more than a year after their "I Don't Need a Man" promotions with their second full length studio album "Hush". The title track was composed by famous composer duo, E-Tribe, instead of the usual J.Y. Park. Min's teaser picture was released the following day, and soon after, Suzy, Jia and Fei's followed, along with a teaser video. Once released, "Hush" topped many Korean music charts. They performed their first stage on November 7 on M! Countdown and took home the #1 award on the November 17 episode of Inkigayo, the November 21 episode of M! Countdown as well as the November 22 episode of Music Bank. Due to the airing of the 2013 MAMA, there was no November 21 episode of M! Countdown, but Miss A did receive the #1 prize for that week from the show. They ended their promotions for "Hush" in Korea on the December 8 episode of Inkigayo and immediately afterwards, they began their promotions for their second album in China. In December, JYP Entertainment liquidated its sub-label AQ Entertainment that was in charge of managing Miss A as well as label mate Baek Ayeon: the band is now managed by JYP Entertainment.
Over a year after their 2013 release, miss A announced they would release their new album Colors alongside its title-track music video on March 30, 2015. The comeback would also be accompanied by an online reality series, Real miss A, and the creation of a fan cafe on the JYP website. On March 19, solo teasers of Fei cooking, eating, and painting her nails in a neon-lit kitchen were released. On the 21st, teasers were released that featured Jia putting on fishnet tights and hiding playfully behind a bright pink coat. Min's solo teasers, released March 23rd, showed her with rollers in her hair while lounging in front of a mirror, painting her toes, and applying make up. Finally, solo photos featuring a pink-robed Suzy running the tap and drying her wet hair were released on the 25th. A teaser video for the album's single "Only You" was released on March 27th.
For Suzy's filmography, see Suzy's filmography.
|2011||Countdown||Min as Jang Hyeon-ji|
|2012||Architecture 101||Suzy as Yang So-yeon (young)|
|2015||The Third Way of Love||Jia as TBA|
|Dorihwaga||Suzy as Jin Chae-sun|
|2011||Dream High||Suzy as Go Hye-mi|
|2012||Dream High 2||Miss A Cameo ep. 15|
|Big||Suzy as Jang Ma-ri|
|2013||Gu Family Book||Suzy as Dam Yeo-wool|
|Reckless Family 2||Min as Herself|
|One and A Half Summer||Jia as Song Qing|
|2014||My Love from the Star||Suzy as Go Hye-mi Cameo ep.17|
|Temptation||Fei as Jenny Cameo ep.1|
|2015||Dream Knight||Min as Jenny|
|L.U.V Collage||Jia as Ai-ling
Min as Kim Na-ra
|Star King||SBS||Guest Episode 174|
|Chuseok Special Idol Trot||MBC||Guest|
|2010 Idol Star Athletics Championships||MBC||Guest|
|We Got Married||MBC||Special guest episode 12|
|2011||2011 Idol Star Athletics-Swimming Championships||MBC||Guest|
|Challenge 1000 songs||SBS||Guest|
|Taxi||TVN||Guest Episode 180|
|Da Xue Sheng Le Mei||CtiTV||Guest|
|Qi Miao Jian Mian Hui||Zhejiang Television||Guest|
|2012||2012 Idol Star Athletics-Swimming Championships||MBC||Guest|
|Challenge 1000 songs||SBS||Guest|
|Weekly Idol'||MBC Every 1||Guest Episode 35,36,69,70|
|All The K-pop||MBC||Guest Episode 14,15|
|Star King||SBS||Guest Episode 292|
|Let's Go Dream Team 2||KBS2||Guest with Sistar Episode 161|
|Immortal Songs 2||KBS2||Guest|
|2013||Do You Remember||Zhejiang Television||Guest|
|After School Club||Arirang||Guest|
|2014||Day Day Up||Hunan||Guest|
|Your Face Sounds Familiar||Hunan||Guest|
|2015||Real miss A||YouTube, Naver||Hosts|
- miss A Fans Party Asia Tour Mini Concert at the AsiaWorld–Expo Hall in Hong Kong (2014)
- miss A Fans Party Asia Tour Mini Concert at the Thinkpad Space in Beijing (2014)
- JYP Nation Team Play Concert (2010)
- JYP Nation in Japan (2011)
- Jakarta FantastiKpop Festival (2011)
- Kaohsiung Kpop Festival in Taiwan (Nov 2011)
- K-Pop Music Fest in Sydney (2011)
- M LIVE by CJ, Most Amazing 2011 (2011)
- 2012 TTV Super Star (New Year's Eve Program) in Taipei Arena, Taiwan
- JYP Nation in Seoul and Japan (2012)
- 2012 Korean Music Wave in Bangkok
- K-POP Festival in Vietnam 2012
- K-POP Music in China 2012
- 27th Golden Disk Awards in Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2013)
- Chalice Dubs Masquerade at the Canopy Club in Urbana, Illinois (2013)
- Summer Camp Music Festival in Chillicothe, Illinois (2013)
- JYP Nation One Mic in Seoul, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Bangkok (2014)
- Korea Licensed Product Exhibition (2010)
- 4th World Citizens' Day (2011)
- Korea Tourist Service, Inc (2011-2012)
- "missA". MTV IGGY. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- "Chinese Wonder Girls show off their dance skills". 6Theory Media, LLC. January 22, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- "Wonder Girls' new member Lim revealed!". 6Theory Media, LLC. January 23, 2013. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- 미쓰에이 "한국은 좁다. 한계는 없다"[인터뷰] [Miss A "Korea is small, there is no limit" [Interview]] (in Korean). Daum Communications. July 17, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- "Female idol stars who were once models for online shopping malls". 6Theory Media, LLC. May 9, 2012. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- "More pre-debut footage of miss A uncovered". 6Theory Media, LLC. July 2, 2010. Archived from the original on July 17, 2012.
- Lee, Jeong-Ah (June 29, 2010). 미쓰에이, 홈페이지-유튜브 공식채널 오픈 [Miss A, Homepage-Official Youtube Channel Open] (in Korean). OSEN. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- Seoul Train – Page 3 – NYC Life – New York – Village Voice
- JYP's New 4-Member Girl Group, miss A Set to Debut Early July
- "아시아의 A클래스로 성장할 네 미녀, 미스 에이" [Four Beauties to grow up to the A class of Asia, Miss A] (in Korean). Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- 길, 혜성 (July 5, 2010). "'신예' missA, 기존톱가수들 제치고 음원 당당 1위" ['New Talent' miss A, Passes Standard Top Artists and Proudly Number 1 in music list] (in Korean). STARNEWS. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- "miss A wins #1 on M! Countdown + other performances". 6Theory Media, LLC. July 28, 2011. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- 이, 정아 (August 3, 2010). 미쓰에이, 소녀시대 4주 연속 1위 기록 따라잡아 [Miss A, Catch Up to the Girl's Generation Record of 4 Straight Weeks of Being Number 1] (in Korean). OSEN. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- 세븐 '베터 투게더' 도시락차트 8월 1주차 1위 [Seven 'Better Together' Doserak Chart First Place on the First Week of August] (in Korean). Newsen. September 8, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- "miss A transforms into reggae dolls for their comeback". 6Theory Media, LLC. September 27, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- "miss A reveals "Breathe" MV". 6Theory Media, LLC. September 27, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2013.
- "miss A wins M! Countdown + other performances!". 6Theory Media, LLC. October 21, 2010. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- 미쓰에이, 타이틀곡 '브리드' 온라인 강타! [miss A, Title Song 'Breathe' Online Hit!] (in Korean). Hankyung.com. September 29, 2010. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- Fei appeared in the MV of "I Only Love You" by Huh Gong
- Jia appeared in the MV of "Close Your Mouth" by M&D
- Min to be on the show Oh! My School
- Min starred in the movie Countdown
- Suzy confirmed for the drama Dream High
- miss A releases new track, "Love Alone" for Kim Yuna's Ice Show
- Miss A performs Love Alone at Kim Yuna's ice show
- miss A releases "Love Alone" MV!
- miss A drops their music video for "Good Bye Baby"
- miss A's "Good Bye Baby" makes an all-kill on the charts
- miss A wins #1 on M! Countdown + other performances
- miss A wins Music Bank K-Chart on comeback + other performances
- miss A wins Inkigayo Mutizen + other performances
- miss A makes their Chinese debut!
- miss A tops Taiwanese charts with "Good Bye Baby"
- miss A releases first MV teaser ft. Suzy for "Touch"
- miss A releases second MV teaser ft. Jia for "Touch"
- miss A reveals Fei's MV teaser for "Touch"
- miss A unveils Min's MV teaser for "Touch"
- miss A unleashes full MV for "Touch"
- miss A's 'Touch' MV records over 1 million views on YouTube
- miss A snags an all-kill on music charts with 'Touch'
- Gaon Chart releases chart rankings for the 4th week of February
- miss A's "Touch" crowned 'Champion Song' on MBC Music's 'Show Champion'
- miss A wins #1 on 'M! Countdown'
- miss A wins 'Inkigayo' mutizen
- miss A claims victory on 'Music on Top'
- miss A reveals MV for chinese version of Touch
- miss A release chinese version of Touch album
- miss A's chinese 'Touch' tops Hong Kong and Taiwanese online charts
- Suzy was confirmed for drama 'Big'
- miss A involved in minor car accident
- miss A returns with "I Don't Need a Man" on 'M! Countdown'
- "Henry, Jiyul, Fei, Tony An, Son Ho Young, and others to star on celebrity edition of 'Master Chef Korea'". allkpop.com. January 30, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "MBLAQ's Seungho, miss A's Fei, and more to star in 'Dancing With the Stars 3'". allkpop.com. February 26, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Fei picks up an endorsement deal with casual apparel brand 'Connie Colin'". allkpop.com. March 19, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "miss A's Min and BTOB's Minhyuk to star in 'Reckless Family 2'". allkpop.com. January 11, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Suzy, Lee Seung Gi, and more attend first script reading of 'Book of the House of Gu'". allkpop.com. February 5, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "miss A confirmed to return on November 6 with music composed by E-Tribe". allkpop.com. October 28, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "miss A's contract with JYP Entertainment to expire in 2017 and Sunmi's contract to expire a year earlier". allkpop.com. December 10, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "miss A to return with new album 'Colors' on 3/30". March 18, 2015.
- "miss A 공식 Fan's 오픈! miss A Official Fan's Open!". March 17, 2015.
- "miss A releases solo teasers of the ever sexy Fei lounging in the kitchen". March 18, 2015.
- "Jia teases fans in her fishnets and underwear for upcoming miss A comeback". March 20, 2015.
- "miss A's Min shows off her curves for 'Colors' teaser photos". March 22, 2015.
- "Suzy looks pretty in pink in her teaser pictures for miss A's comeback". March 24, 2015.
- "miss A get peeped on in first teaser video for title track 'Only You'". March 26, 2015.
- "Miss A. — Hong Kong — AsiaWorld-Expo — 25 January 2014". Songkick. January 25, 2014. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Events". Canopy Club. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Past Lineups | Summer Camp Music Festival". Summercampfestival.com. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miss A.|