Miss Jamaica Universe
Miss Universe Jamaica pageant was started in 1989 to select the official representative to the Miss Universe pageant. In 2012, Uzuri International became the new Miss Universe Jamaica Franchise Owner.
In addition to securing the usual partnerships to effectively execute the Miss Universe Jamaica pageant, prepare and manage the title holder for local and international representation, Uzuri International also plans to develop, expose and partner with young and emerging fashion design, costume design and entertainment talent and showcase these talents as an integral component of the pageant.
Uzuri International is a couture fashion design brand that was officially incorporated in 1998 and has won numerous international awards in the beauty and fashion industry. The brand has been showcased on all continents through fashion shows and numerous international beauty pageants. The designers, Karl Williams and Mark McDermoth were declared Caribbean Fashion Masters by Pulse Limited and they were invited to Miss World 2008 in Johannesburg South Africa to provide specially designed dresses for all 112 contestants in a post opening segment –a first for any Caribbean based design brand. And Global Beauties declared the evening gown they designed for Yendi Phillips in Miss World 2007 as “the Most Beautiful” in all international pageants that year. Uzuri International, Fashioning The World With Style.
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
The winner of Miss Jamaica represents her country at Miss Universe. On occasion, when the winner does not qualify (due to age) for either contest, a runner-up is sent.
|Year||Miss Jamaica||Hometown||Placement||Special awards|
|TBA 2014||Kaci Fennell||Kingston||TBA|
|2012||Chantal Zaky||Port Antonio||Unplaced|
|2010||Yendi Phillips||Kingston||1st Runner-up|
|2009||Carolyn Yapp||Montego Bay||Unplaced|
|2004||Christine Straw||Kingston||Top 10|
|2003||Michelle Lecky||Montego Bay||Unplaced|
|2000||Saphire Longmore||May Pen||Unplaced|
|1999||Nicole Haughton||Kingston||Top 10|
|1997||Nadine Thomas||Bog Walk||Unplaced|
|1994||Angelie Martin||Montego Bay||Unplaced|
|1991||Kimberly Mais||Kingston||Top 6|
|1989||Sandra Foster||Kingston||Top 10|
- "Uzuri International Organization". Miss Universe Jamaica. 2012. Retrieved 2012.
- Miss Universe 2013 Candidate
- Chantal Zaky is Miss Jamaica Universe 2012
- Yendi Phillips Crowned Miss Jamaica Universe 2010
- New Miss Jamaica Universe
- Barbara Ellington (28 April 2008). "Ready for the experience - April Jackson, Miss Jamaica Universe 2008". Jamaica Gleaner. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- Kavelle Anglin-Christie (27 April 2007). "Rastafarian wins Miss Ja Universe title". Jamaica Gleaner. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- Alicia Roache (28 March 2006). "Cindy Wright is Miss Jamaica Universe 2006". Jamaica Gleaner. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- Kevin Jackson (19 April 2005). "Raquel Wright triumphs at Miss Jamaica Universe 2005". The Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 2008-06-11.[dead link]
- "MISS AUSTRALIA, CROWNED MISS UNIVERSE 2004" (Press release). Miss Universe. 1 June 2004. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Miss Jamaica Universe featured on website". Jamaica Gleaner. 21 May 2004. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Michelle Lecky takes 'Miss Universe' crown". Jamaica Gleaner. 7 April 2003. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- Official website
- Official website Uzuri International Organization
- Forum site of Miss Jamaica Universe
|This Jamaica-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|