Emblem of the Montenegrin Navy
|Branch||Military of Montenegro|
|Role||Control, protect and defend territorial sea|
|H/Q||Naval base Bar|
The Montenegrin Navy was established in 2006 following the secession of Montenegro from the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro. Nearly all of the navy's equipment was inherited from the armed forces of the State Union - as Montenegro contained the entire coastline of the former union, it retained practically the entire naval force.
Units & Structure
- Navy (Montenegrin: Mornarica)
- Naval Surface Forces (Montenegrin: Površinske pomorske snage)
- Observation Forces (Montenegrin: Snage za osmatranje)
- Special Forces (Montenegrin: Specijalne snage)
- Training Ship "Jadran" (Montenegrin: Školski Brod "Jadran")
- Serving Platoon (Montenegrin: Vod za opsluživanje)
- Deterring the armed threat to Montenegro:
- Preparations for the defense (training, exercising and maintaining a high level of combat readiness).
- Defence Cooperation
- Defense of the territorial waters:
- Protection of the sovereignty of the waters and air space above it.
- Defending against unconventional threats against the armed forces.
- Support to allied forces that are engaged in the defense of Montenegro.
Bar Naval base, (Bar)
"Pero Ćetković" base, (Bar)
Pristan base, (Herceg Novi)
|Kotor class frigate||2||Yugoslavia||- P-33 Kotor
- P-34 Novi Sad
|Transport and support|
|PO class||1||Yugoslavia||- PO91|
|Salvage tug||2||Yugoslavia||- PR-41 (Orada)
|Jadran||1||Germany||Used as a training ship|
|Motor sailboat||2||Yugoslavia||- Bojana
|Divers boat||2||Yugoslavia||-Ronilačka baraksa 81
-Ronilačka barkasa 85
|Motor boat Polycat||1||Netherlands|
|Motor boat||1||Yugoslavia||- ČM 33|
|Floating Crane||1||Yugoslavia||LDI 18|
|in the process of renovation|
|Končar class Fast Attack Craft||2||Yugoslavia||- RTOP-405 Jordan Nikolov Orce
- RTOP-406 Ante Banina
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2014)|