Nellore railway station
Indian Railway Station
|Address||Railway Station Road, Santhapet, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh
|Elevation||21 m (69 ft)|
|Line(s)||Vijayawada-Chennai section of Howrah-Chennai main line and Delhi-Chennai line|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Baggage check||Not available|
|Zone(s)||South Central Railway|
The Vijayawada-Chennai link was established in 1899.
The Chirala-Elavur section was electrified in 1980-81.
Nellore is one of the fourteen ‘A’ category stations and one of the ten model stations in the Vijayawada Division of South Central Railway 
Nellore Station has the standard station layout with a perfect traction inside the station. All the tracks in the station are broad gauged and electrified.
The station has 4 platforms. Each platform can handle a train with more than 24 coaches.
Nellore railway station is amongst the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railway.
Nellore railway station is having escalators on number-1 and 4 plat forms. Daily 160 trains, including 90 express trains and 10 passenger trains pass through this station.
Nellore railway station has computerised reservation facilities (with all-India linkage), waiting room, retiring room, light refreshment facilities and book stall.
Other Stations in Nellore
The city of Nellore consists of two other railway stations; these are:
|Station Name||Station Code|
- "IR History:Early days II". 1870-1899. IRFCA. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "Vijayawada Division – a profile". Indian Railways. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry". Availability in trains for Top 100 Booking Stations of Indian Railways. IRFCA. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Escalators, lifts at 14 stations". The New Indian Express, 24 December 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Nellore railway station". Make my trip. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
Nellore travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|South Central Railway zone|