|• Mayor||Murad Harutyunyan|
|Elevation||1,925 m (6,316 ft)|
Noratus (Armenian: Նորատուս; also Romanized as Noraduz) is a village in the Gegharkunik province of Armenia near the town of Gavar. It contains the famous Noraduz cemetery. The village also contains a monastery and church dated to the 9th century, and a ruined basilica built by Prince Sahak.
Northeast of Noratus, there is Gavar transmitter, a huge Soviet-type faciity for longwave, mediumwave and shortwave broadcasting.
- Noratus at GEOnet Names Server
- World Gazeteer: Armenia – World-Gazetteer.com
- Report of the results of the 2001 Armenian Census, National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia
- Kiesling, Brady (2005), Rediscovering Armenia: Guide, Yerevan, Armenia: Matit Graphic Design Studio
- Brady Kiesling, Rediscovering Armenia, p. 43; original archived at Archive.org, and current version online on Armeniapedia.org.
|This article about a location in Gegharkunik Province, Armenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|