Kurylenko during a Ford Ka presentation in Paris, October 2008
|Born||Olha Kostyantynivna Kurylenko
14 November 1979 
Berdyansk, Ukrainian SSR,
|Spouse||Cedric van Mol (2000–2004)
Damian Gabrielle (2006–2007)
Olga Kurylenko[nb 1] (born 14 November 1979) is a French actress and model.[nb 2] She was discovered as a model at the age of 14 and at the age of 16 moved from Ukraine to Paris, France to pursue a modelling career. Kurylenko started her acting career in 2005. She found success as an actress for her role as Nika Boronina in the movie adaptation of the video game Hitman (2007), and then rose to fame by playing Bond girl, Camille Montes, in the 22nd James Bond film, Quantum of Solace (2008). More recently she starred in Terrence Malick's To the Wonder (2012), and alongside Tom Cruise in Oblivion (2013).
Early life 
Olga Kurylenko was born in Berdyansk, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union (now Ukraine). Her father, Kostyantyn, is Ukrainian, and her mother, Maryna Alyabusheva, is an art teacher of Russian and Belarusian ancestry, who was born in Irkutsk Oblast, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union (now Russia).
When Kurylenko was three years old, her parents divorced, leaving her to be raised by her mother. Kurylenko rarely had contact with her father, meeting him for the first time after the split when she was eight years old, and later again when she was 13.
Olga Kurylenko was discovered by a female model scout while on vacation in Moscow at the age of 13. At the age of 16 she moved from Ukraine to Paris, France. In 1996, she signed a contract with the Paris-based Madison modeling agency. The following year, by the age of 18, she had appeared on the covers of Vogue and Elle. While working as a model in Paris, Kurylenko supported her mother in Ukraine.
She also appeared on the covers of Madame Figaro and Marie Claire. She became the face of brands Bebe, Clarins, and Helena Rubinstein. She has also modeled for Roberto Cavalli and Kenzo and appeared in the Victoria's Secret catalog.
Olga's first acting appearance was in Seal's music video, "Love's Divine" in 2003, but her film career began in France during 2005. She received the certificate of excellence award at the 2006 Brooklyn International Film Festival for her performance in L'Annulaire, and also starred in the Paris, je t'aime segment "Quartier de la Madeleine" opposite Elijah Wood. That same year, she was selected to be the face of Kenzo's new fragrance, Kenzo Amour. She has appeared in all subsequent Kenzo Amour ads.In 2007, Kurylenko starred in Hitman alongside Timothy Olyphant. She had a minor role in Max Payne as Natasha. She played Bond girl Camille Montes in the 2008 James Bond film, Quantum of Solace. In the film she plays the role of a Bolivian Secret Service agent named Camille, who teams up with James Bond to avenge the death of her parents.
She was featured on the cover of the December 2008 issue of the U.S. edition of Maxim magazine and on the cover of the February 2009 issue of the Ukrainian edition of Maxim. In Ukraine the then-mayor of Berdyansk suggested naming a street after her in early 2008, and Kurylenko and her mother met Ukraine's First Lady Kateryna Yushchenko in President Yushchenko's family country house.
Kurylenko appeared in Terrence Malick's To the Wonder, shot in fall 2010 in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Also starring Ben Affleck, Javier Bardem and Rachel McAdams. She also appeared in Oblivion, a sci-fi project starring Tom Cruise and directed by Joseph Kosinski.
Personal life 
Kurylenko acquired French citizenship in 2001. In 2008, Maryna Alyabusheva, Kurylenko's mother said, "She changed her citizenship from Ukrainian to French long ago." In 2000, Kurylenko married French fashion photographer Cedric van Mol, but the couple divorced four years later. In 2006, she married American mobile phone accessory entrepreneur Damian Gabrielle. They divorced in late 2007. She moved to London in 2009. Kurylenko is a philanthropist noted for her work for the underprivileged, focusing on children in her native Ukraine.
|2001||Largo Winch||Carole||TV series: 1 episode|
|2005||L'Annulaire||Iris||Certificate of Excellence – Best Actress|
|2006||Paris, je t'aime||La Vampire||Segment: Quartier de la Madeleine|
|2007||Secrets||Eva Pirès||TV mini-series: 7 episodes|
|2008||À l'est de moi||The Russian prostitute|
|2008||Max Payne||Natasha Sax|
|2008||Quantum of Solace||Camille Montes||Nominated – Empire Award for Best Actress
Nominated – Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress
|2009||Kirot – The Assassin Next Door||Galia|
|2010||Tyranny||Mina Harud||TV series: 5 episodes
|2011||There Be Dragons||Ildiko|
|2011||Land of Oblivion||Anya|
|2012||Magic City||Vera Evans||TV Series: 8 Episodes|
|2012||To the Wonder||Marina|
|2013||Empires of the Deep||Post-production|
|2014||Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters||Headmistress Ellen Kirova||Pre-production|
See also 
- Ukrainian: Ольга Костянтинівна Куриленко, Ol’ha Kostyantynivna Kurylenko, [ˈɔlʲɦɑ kostʲɑnˈtɪnʲiwnɑ kurɪˈlɛnko]; Russian: Ольга Константиновна Куриленко, tr. Ol’ga Konstantinovna Kurilenko; IPA: [ˈolʲgə kənstɐnˈtʲinəvna kʊrʲɪˈlʲenkə]
- Kurylenko became a French citizen in 2001 (source: Olga Kurylenko: Confidences d'une James Bond Girl Paris Match (30 October 2008))
- Olga Kurylenko Online • www.olga-kurylenko.net • Home of the new Bond Girl!. Olga-kurylenko.net. Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- Hilton, Ruth (December 2008). "Olga Kurylenko: A View to a Thrill". Maxim 12 (12): 74.
- Oblivion's Olga Kurylenko, Los Angeles Confidential magazine (2013)
- Sokolovskaya, Yanina (18 January 2008). "New Bond girl was discovered in a subway while on holidays with her mother in Moscow" (in Russian). Izvestia. Retrieved 4 September 2008.
- Talaeva, Olena (2 February 2008). "Maryna Alyabusheva does not want to move to Paris" (in Ukrainian). Gazeta.ua.
- Campbell, Lori (2 November 2008). "Bond girl Olga Kurylenko was picked out by Daniel Craig". Daily Mirror (UK). Retrieved 14 November 2008.
- "Quantum of Solace: Olga Kurylenko on being the latest, beautiful Bond girl". London: Telegraph. 24 October 2008. Retrieved 11 November 2008. "The French capital has been the actress's home for 12 years, since she left Ukraine as a 16-year-old modeling hopeful in 1996."[dead link]
- "The Ukranian girl discovered on Moscow's metro who grew up to become Bond's sexiest co-star yet". Daily Mail (UK). 14 January 2008.
- Kateryna Yushchenko Meets with Actress Olga Kurylenko | Ukraine 3000 International Charitable Fund. Ukraine3000.org.ua (10 October 2008). Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- "Talking Shop: Olga Kurylenko". BBC News. 31 October 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- Olga Kurylenko Zone – Devoted to model actress Olga Kurylenko with the latest wallpapers news photos and videos. Kurylenko-olga.com. Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- Olga Kurylenko Profile on FMD – Olga Kurylenko pictures / images. Fashionmodeldirectory.com. Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- "Hottest Victoria’s Secret Models – Olga Kurylenko". pop crunch.com. December 30 2008. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Seal - Love's Divine [Official Music Video]". Youtube. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "OLGA KURYLENKO - Kenzo Amour long version". YouTube. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "New Bond film title is confirmed". BBC News. 24 January 2008.
- The Bond Girl Olga Kuryelenko on. Thebondgirls.info. Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- "Olga Kurylenko: If her looks don’t knock you dead, trying to pronounce her last name might.". Maxim. December 2008.
- "Olga Kurylenko for magazine "Maxim" (photo)". Ukrainians.ca worldwide Ukrainian community. 23 January 2009.
- New Bond girl shows her Ukrainian roots, Russia Yoday (23 January 2008)
- Photo, Daylife (9 October 2008)
- Ford, Rebecca (4 April 2013). "Olga Kurylenko on Her Breakout Month With 'Oblivion' and 'To the Wonder' (Video)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Kit, Borys (19 January 2012). "'W.E.' Star Andrea Riseborough, Olga Kurylenko Join Tom Cruise's Sci-Fi Thriller". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- (French)Olga Kurylenko: Confidences d'une James Bond Girl, Paris Match (11 November 2008)
- "Naked Ukrainian Lover of James Bond" (in Ukrainian). Gazeta.ua. 10 January 2008.
- Agence de photographes. CJuliette. Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- Olga Kurylenko Biography – Actress – Olga Kurylenko Bio. Kurylenko.org (14 November 1979). Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- Olga confirms she recently ended a relationship in December 2007. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (11 December 2007). Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- (Russian) Ольга Куриленко: Из окна своей квартиры я вижу Эйфелеву башню, Komsomolskaya Pravda Ukraine (23 October 2009)
- Interview – Olga Kurylenko . Alliancemagazine.org (1 December 2009). Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- Kyiv Post. Independence. Community. Trust – Lifestyle – News – Shooting of film about Chernobyl disaster, starring Olga Kurylenko, starts. Kyivpost.com (12 June 2010). Retrieved on 4 September 2011.
- ‘Oblivion’s Olga Kurylenko Sinks Teeth Into ‘Vampire Academy’.. Retrieved on 30 April 2013.
|Find more about Olga Kurylenko at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|
|Travel information from Wikivoyage|
- Olga Kurylenko at the Internet Movie Database
- Olga Kurylenko at AllRovi
- Olga Kurylenko at the Fashion Model Directory