|Area||0.84 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- land||0.84 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||277.1 / km2 (718 / sq mi)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Pierron, Illinois|
Pierron is located at  It is on the Bond and Madison county line.(38.778767, -89.559306).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 0.84 square miles (2.2 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 653 people, 251 households, and 175 families residing in the village. The population density was 767.6 people per square mile (296.6/km²). There were 268 housing units at an average density of 315.0 per square mile (121.7/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 96.63% White, 0.15% African American, 0.15% Native American, 0.15% Asian, 0.61% from other races, and 2.30% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.92% of the population.
There were 251 households out of which 35.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.4% were married couples living together, 10.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.9% were non-families. 23.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.60 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the village the population was spread out with 27.4% under the age of 18, 10.6% from 18 to 24, 29.1% from 25 to 44, 22.5% from 45 to 64, and 10.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 108.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.0 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $35,595, and the median income for a family was $37,813. Males had a median income of $32,708 versus $20,859 for females. The per capita income for the village was $18,196. About 4.1% of families and 5.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.9% of those under age 18 and 10.3% of those age 65 or over.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Pierron village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- Allan H. Keith, Historical Stories: About Greenville and Bond County, IL. Consulted on August 15, 2007.
- Norton, William T. (1912). Centennial History of Madison County, Illinois, and Its People, 1812 to 1912. The Lewis Publishing Co. p. 605.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.