|Area||0.71 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- land||0.69 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- water||0.02 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||538.1 / km2 (1,394 / sq mi)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Marine, Illinois|
Marine is located at (38.787365, -89.778135).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 0.71 square miles (1.8 km2), of which 0.69 square miles (1.8 km2) (or 97.18%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 2.82%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 910 people, 363 households, and 254 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,196.3 people per square mile (462.3/km²). There were 380 housing units at an average density of 499.6 per square mile (193.1/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 97.91% White, 0.11% African American, 0.33% Native American, 0.11% Asian, 0.11% from other races, and 1.43% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.66% of the population.
There were 363 households out of which 38.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.8% were married couples living together, 11.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.8% were non-families. 24.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.51 and the average family size was 3.01.
In the village the population was spread out with 27.7% under the age of 18, 8.1% from 18 to 24, 30.9% from 25 to 44, 21.2% from 45 to 64, and 12.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 97.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.0 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $37,361, and the median income for a family was $44,500. Males had a median income of $38,654 versus $22,188 for females. The per capita income for the village was $18,133. About 4.5% of families and 6.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.0% of those under age 18 and 2.8% of those age 65 or over.
Notable people 
- Jerry Neudecker, umpire for Major League Baseball (1966–85)
- Rusty Pence, pitcher for the Chicago White Sox; born in Marine
- Mark Voigt, racer with several NASCAR starts
The mayor of Marine is John Deppe.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Marine village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.