Polytechnic University of the Philippines Quezon City
- Not to be confused with Quezon City Polytechnic University, a city-run educational institution.
|Polytechnic University of the Philippines
|Politeknikong Unibersidad ng Pilipinas sa Lungsod ng Quezon|
|Motto||Tanglaw ng Bayan|
|Type||state university, public university|
|Officer in charge||Dir. Pascualito Gatan|
|Students||est. 1920 as of 2007|
|University Hymn||Imno ng PUP|
Maroon and Gold
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Chess, Track and Field, Ultimate, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Nickname||PUP Mighty Maroons|
|Affiliations||SCUAA, ASAIHL, AACCUP, IAU, PASUC|
Polytechnic University of the Philippines Quezon City (PUPQC), also known as Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Commonwealth Campus, is one of the constituent universities of Polytechnic University of the Philippines located at Quezon City. It was established on 1997.
PUPQC was established through the generosity and benevolence of Walter Rothlehner, a German church leader who donated his property at located Barangay Commonwealth, Quezon City to the university. It land area compromising 1.9 hectares is donated by SIKHAY, an association led by Rev. Fr. Joel Tabora. By the time of its establishment, PUPQC only operates on two buildings, both of which are donated. The PUP Open University was tasked to administer and maintain the campus and its facilities.
PUPQC was formally inaugurated on July 29, 1997. Although it was in existing prior to 1997, it only started its operations and formal classes after its inauguration.
Currently, PUPQC boast of four buildings, namely: Rothlehner Hall, Miseor Hall, a building donated by the city congress, and the students activity center building.
Four Year Diploma Course
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Human Resources Development and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor in Business Teacher Education major in Information Technology
- Bachelor in Business Teacher Education major in Technology and Livelihood Education
- Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurial Management
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
Three Year Diploma Course
- Diploma in Office Management Technology
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology
- Master in Educational Management, MEM (Distance Learning Mode)
- Master in Public Administration, MPA
- Master of Science in Information Technology, MSIT (Distance Learning Mode)
- "Brief History". Polytechnic University of the Philippines Quezon City. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines Quezon City – Official website