Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College
|Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College|
|Kolehiyong Ina ng Laging Saklolo|
|Motto||With Mary Lift Jesus|
|President||Carmen C. Salvador|
|Academic staff||Approx. 300|
|Location||Concepcion Uno, Marikina, Philippines|
|Campus||Marikina Campus: 3.5 hectares|
|Colors||Blue and Yellow|
|Affiliations||Applying for PAASCU, MARIPRISAA|
Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College (OLOPS College or simply OLOPSC) is a private, non-sectarian, educational institution located in Concepcion, Marikina, Philippines, offering preschool, basic and higher education. It was founded by Dionisio Salvador Sr. in 1978. There are approximately 5000 students enrolled for the school year.
- 1 History
- 2 OLOPSC hymn
- 3 Campus
- 4 Degree programs offered
- 5 Innovations
- 6 Clubs and organizations
- 7 Alumni
- 8 Sports and leisures
- 9 Recent events
- 10 Notable OLOPSCians
- 11 References
- 12 External links
- 13 See also
- OLOPSC was founded on February 12, 1978 by Dionisio Alonzo Salvador, Sr., a graduate student from Far Eastern University with a course in Architecture. It started as a day-care center under a single roof in a pelota court at Bayan-Bayanan Avenue in Concepcion, Marikina with at least 50 pupils. In 1978, the Our Lady of Perpetual Succor School was established.
- The increasing number of enrollees in the succeeding years required the transfer of the school site to rented lots along Bayan-Bayanan Avenue where additional school buildings were constructed.
- In 1985, the school was operating under full government recognition for the all three of these courses: the Preschool. Grade School and High School.
- In 1986, OLOPSS moved to its present location at Gen. Ordoñez Street, in Concepcion, Marikina with a 3.5-hectare lot. It is on this site where it stands today as a comfortable home to its students and its employees.
- In 1995, OLOPSS changed its name to Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College (OLOPSC) when the college department was opened. This has now attained government recognition and on its ways to accreditation.
- In the years 1996 and 1997, the present school's chapel was now finished.
- In the summer of 1999, the OLOPSCians saw the rising of the new two-storey building for the grades 1 and 2.
- The succeeding school years saw the switching of classrooms to air-conditioningunits as its serves as one of the Silver Jubilee gifts to the school community. Also included were the construction of the new two-story building for the preschool, the freezing of tuition fees for a year, the reformulation of the school's vision and mission, the revision of the student handbook in all departments, and a number of policies to enhance employee benefits.
- On August 11, 2005, the whole OLOPSCian community learned of the death of Dionisio A. Salvador, the founder of the school and its president for 28 years. His death was due to a multiple organ failure that was triggered by his heart condition. The OLOPSC community grieved his death and members of the OLOPSCian community joined the Salvador family in giving their goodbyes to him. His remains of Dionisio A. Salvador are inside the school's chapel.
- On September 17, 2008, as a gift for her 65th birthday, Carmen C. Salvador, the former school's executive vice president for 28 years, was today installed as the new president of OLOPS College succeeding her husband.
- On February 14, 2008, the school celebrated its 30th or Pearl Anniversary. The anniversary was marked with activities such as a street dancing competition, variety shows, family day, and lots of exciting activities. The event ended with a fireworks display on night.
Awards, government recognitions and citations
- OLOPSC has reaped honors in academic, art and literary–musical competitions and has graduated numbers of students, many of them gaining admission in premiere colleges and universities where they graduated with honors and citations, with many of them topping board exams in their fields.
Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College
Alma Mater So Beautiful
Marching Onward, Moving Forward
For Honor We Should Uphold
With Mary to God We Give
Our Loyalty to Serve
Our Hearts Always Filled with Love
To Proclaim your Noble Goals
Beloved Alma Mater
The Name that Leads our Way to the Light
The Cradle of our Grateful Hearts
We Lift your Name to the Lord
Upheld by his Mighty right Hand
We Rest in His Mercy and Grace
Always ready to Defend
That your Name will forever Shine and Live
The OLOPS College campus is in Marikina, the city of shoes. Accessible from the campus are leisure and recreational areas such as the DC Arcadia (owned by OLOPSC), nearby computer stands, and near to known stores such as 7-11, Jollibee, and Greenwich.
The buildings of OLOPS College are now known by letters corresponding to a certain Saint. Currently, there are new projects taking off. Below are some of the facilities used by the OLOPSC Community.
- Preschool building
- Grade School building
- High School building
- College building'
- Administration building
- Executive Building (Under Construction)
- Front and Back Parking area
- HS, GS, and faculty canteens
- School Chapel
- School Quadrangle and Basketball Court
- OLOPSC HRM Center
- Covered Basketball Court
- Basketball Varsity's Dug-out
- School Auditorium
- Activity Center
- Ballet and Music Room
Degree programs offered
- Computer Science
- Associate in Computer Technology
- Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Arts, major in English and
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
Clubs and organizations
As of 2009, OLOPS College had attained nearly 50 clubs. Famous clubs known in and out were the Boy Scouts of the Philippines (BSP), Girl Scouts of the Philippines (GSP), the Dance club, Glee Club, Youth for Mary and Christ and Marian clubs, the YJC or the Young Journalists Circle to name a few.
Grade School Pupils Organization (GSPO)
- The Grade School Pupils Organization or the GSPO is the main club of all clubs in the grade school level. They manage every club's events and affair in their level.
High School Students Organization (HSSO)
- The High School Students Organization or the HSSO is just like the GSPO, the main club of all clubs in the high school level. They govern the :club's affairs and events. Every club has an emergency fund allocated and reserved by this organization. Every school year, students are :required to pay a HSSO fee with a minimum amount of 20 pesos.
OLOPS College Student Council (OCSC)
- OLOPS College Student Council or the OCSC is the mother of all organizations in the college level. They are the ones who create activities for that level. They provide funds for clubs in their affairs. Every club must seek permission from this organization if an activity needs their help.
- This organization introduced the use of automation in their organizational elections, first in the city of Marikina.
Society of OLOPSC High School Alumni (SOHA)
- The Society of OLOPSC High School Alumni is the official alumni organization of the OLOPSC High School Department. Alumni who graduated from the said department automatically becomes a member of the Alumni Society. Approximately 16,000 alumni members are currently with the organization.
- There are proposals for the society to merge with other alumni organizations from the other departments of the institution. These proposals were being acted upon as of this moment.
- Current League of Officers of the Society for Societal Year 2012-2017 are as follows:
- Edward Exequiel - President
- Dennis Christopher Alfred Sajo - Vice President
- Kryztfr Pangan - Secretary
- Angelique Escolano - Treasurer
- Nevine Lozano - Auditor
- Jose Ricardo Arlos - Public Relations Officer
Sports and leisures
- Recently, OLOPS College introduced a name for its varsity teams: "OLOPSC Phoenix." The varsity team has already proven much as they bag titles in sports activities. The latest among them is the grade school volleyball team being champions at the Milo Little Olympics held at Cagayan de Oro City in Mindanao, and the Basketball Varsity Team reaching the finals of the MARIPRISAA competition.
OLOPSC Pep Squad
- Another recent addition to the school's numerous organizations, the OLOPSC Pep Squad has been formed to represent the cheering crowd of so called OLOPSCians, during the school's fights inside and outside its premises. And just recently at the 2011 Milo Little Olympics, the team won 2nd Runner Up at one of its Cheerdance Competitions.
- O (clap 4x) - L (clap 4x) - O (clap 4x) -P-S-C,
- One Team, We Fight!
- Win or Lose, Be Proud
- OLOPSC Fight! (2x)
Just like the rest of Metro Manila and other nearby provinces, OLOPS College suffered greatly due to Typhoon "Ondoy" (Ketsana), September 26, 2009. The whole campus was flooded up to knee-high due to heavy rains. Several students were stranded, and the administration decided to let them stay inside the school until the flood subsided. Many students stayed inside the school for numerous hours—even until the next day, when parents were already capable to pick up their children.
- Martin D. - Disk Jockey; Tambayan 101.9, ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp.
- Angeli Mae Flores - Member, "Blush" Pan-Asian Girl Group
- Angelie Urquico - Performer; Pop Girls, GMA Network Inc.
- Arlene Dela Cruz †- First Female Cum Laude; Philippine Military Academy
- Rhea Nakpil - Artist; GMA Network Inc.
- Madeline Ramboyong - Vocalist; Paraluman
- Ar Jeruh Romero - Guitarist; Paraluman
- Jay Ronald Macalincag - Guitarist; Paraluman
- Marc Meruenas - Producer; GMA Network Inc.
- Kyle Adrian Imao - First Grand Winner; "Junior MasterChef Pinoy Edition", ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp.
- Samantha Felizco - Contestant; "Protégé: The Battle For The Big Break", GMA Network Inc.
- Chad alonzo- PBA player
- "History of OLOPSC". OLOPS College. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "Facilities of OLOPSC". OLOPS College. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "OLOPSC Campus Connect". OLOPS College. June 29, 2008.
- "OLOPSC bagging Championship at CDO". OLOPS College. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- "Marikina Ondoy Flood". Marikina LGU. Retrieved September 26, 2009.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College | Home
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College | History
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College | Admissions
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College | Course Offerings
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College | Student Services
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College | Student Affairs
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College | Facilities
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succor College | Contact Us