|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
Rødovre by night
|• Mayor||Erik Nielsen|
|Area(co-extensive with its municipality)|
|• Total||12.12 km2 (4.68 sq mi)|
|Time zone||Central Europe Time (UTC+1)|
The town mostly comprises suburban homes in the south and light industrial areas in the north. It has many smaller green areas, including Schweizerdalsparken, and larger areas such as Vestvolden and Damhussøen. There are five public schools in the town, one technical school and a private school.
Every Tuesday, the local newspaper "Rødovre Lokal Nyt" (Rødovre Local News) is delivered by mail to all residents. Radio Rødovre broadcasts on 105.9 FM, and sometimes local TV is broadcast via Kanal København.
There is an Ice Hockey arena, home of Rødovre Mighty Bulls, two smaller football stadiums (home of BK Avarta and BK Rødovre, respectively) and one train station, served by line B of the commuter S-trains. Rødovre Centrum is a shopping mall. Viften - meaning "The Fan" - which besides being a café, is a cinema and a combined concert hall/theatre. There are also many smaller business districts such as Damhustorvet and Islev Torv
Until 1901, the town was part of the parish of Brønshøj-Rødovre. Vanløse was also part of that parish. In that year, Rødovre was created as independent municipality and Brønshøj was simultaneously annexed by the city of Copenhagen.
Rødovre, co-extensive with the territory of its municipality, is in the central-western suburbs of Copenhagen, bordering Frederiksberg to the east, Glostrup to the west, Herlev to the north, and Brøndby and Hvidovre to the south.
- Rødovre Centrum, the local shopping mall, was the first of its kind in Denmark.
- The town hall was designed by Arne Jacobsen.
- Henry Heerup had his studio in Rødovre, and made most of his well known works here.
||This article's list of residents may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (March 2011)|
- Lars Eller, professional ice hockey player
- Brigitte Nielsen, actress, musician and television personality
- Helle Thorning-Schmidt, Prime minister of Denmark.
- Rødovre Mighty Bulls(Professional ice hockey team)
- BK Avarta (Danish 2nd Division football club)
- Rødovre station
- Statistikbanken Table BEF44
- "Lars Eller - player profile and career stats". eurohockey.net. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
- "Das perfekte Promi Dinner - Brigitte Nielsen - VOX.de". vox.de. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
Media related to Rødovre at Wikimedia Commons